Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: CouchPotato90

Assalaam u Aaleikum, everyone. Random Musings from India.

Every Monday, we count down the time until the new episode.

Every Tuesday is celebrated like there's no tomorrow, coz it's 'DeD' Day.

Come Tuesday evening, each live update is widely anticipated and wildly cheered by all and sundry, who are not fortunate enough to be present in Pakistan or even the ones at places within Pakistan where electricity decides to take a hike while the show is telecast.

When all us 'Indian and Pakistani' netizens converge on the 'Diyar e Dil' section of HUM TV's official YouTube channel with utter disdain and total disregard to the numerous other shows enlisted there, as we begin to collectively curse under our breath until the episode (not to forget, the promo as well) finally gets uploaded, or if its quality is anything short of 'HD Ready' (read 720p).
Every Wednesday is devoted to dissecting and critiquing the bygone episode.

Thursday onwards, our discourse begins to swing like a pendulum between the episode that was and the episode that is yet to be, incessantly chirping until our collective twitter reaches a pandemonium, about how an episode seemingly left us high and dry... and why it isn't Tuesday already.

During the weekend, we get gripped by the promo fever because the precap per se, just couldn't account for itself to satiate our almost zombie-like bloodlust for any scoop on our beloved 'Diyar e Dil'.

Until it's Monday again, and our weekly devotion to' Diyar e Dil' has come full circle.

Suffice to say that 'Diyar e Dil' is so much more than just a novel or a show.

It is THE magnum opus of 2015.

And that too, is probably because all us I.Fers have left no stone unturned to elevate its almost divine status by putting it, and everything and everyone associated with it, on a pedestal.

Unfortunately, we are 25 episodes down already and there shall come a time when there will be no more future Tuesdays to look forward to and no past Tuesday left to ponder.

In the light of my aforementioned 'Desi Rant and Rave', I must, therefore, put forth a poser to my ilk here on India Forums... Do we really want the show to gather pace or rather slow down to tantalize and titillate us, just so that we can hang on to it a wee bit longer.

I guess, we are caught between a rock and a hard place (a Catch-22 situation, if you will), where we can't quite get our fill of Wali and Faraa but don't want the show to be over in a jiffy, either.

We enjoy watching Wali and Faraa fall in love with each other, but they probably don't love each other as much as we I.Fers love them.

As 'Diyar e Dil' enters the final lap of its journey, we might as well regale ourselves with a weekly dose of 'WaFa and DeD' while it lasts... until there's no more left to look forward to.

Aye 'Yaar-e-Mann', Humein Tum se Pyaar kitna, ye hum nahi jaante, magar jee nahi sakte tumhare bina.

Shab Ba Khair.

Allah Hafiz.

VERY BEAUTIFULLY WORDED POST

are u a writer

Ur choice of words is very rich

LUVED reading ur post and whatvu said is soo damn true
CouchPotato90 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: brainychild92

^ I am not worried about not having DeD.. I am worried about if I will be able to focus or not... Right now DeD is on my mind all of the time, whereas I should be studying and what not. I hope after DeD I will be able to focus more on work and school and not dwell over the show no matter how good it is.

So while I love DeD I need it to end on a fantabulous note so I can move on.lol ~~Don't kill me but that is the reason we love Pakistani Dramas, at least thats why I do-- there is no drag

What I sussed from your post is that there's no reason for you to fret over the apparent distraction that DeD can threaten to be, because you are not unduly attached to it. Yet, the fact that it maintains a vice like grip on you is testimony more to its allure than your vulnerability to the bountiful trappings of 'Diyar e Dil'.

As far as the length of the show is concerned, I empathise with you because as an indian I have been privy to the elders of the household being hooked to dim-witted and half-baked 'Indian Sob Operas' that promise to last an eternity, for no rhyme or reason.

So, the finity of Pakistani Shows is for me, among other things, their USP.

Haan, bas ek baat ka gham reh jayega ki pata nahi 'Diyar-e-Dil' ke baad ab 'Osman aur Maya' kab saath dikhenge.

Sigh...
CouchPotato90 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ABBY_JERAN

VERY BEAUTIFULLY WORDED POST

are u a writer

Ur choice of words is very rich

LUVED reading ur post and whatvu said is soo damn true

Writer? Haha, not even close.

At best, I am a wannabe pseudo-writer who pretends to consume the English lexicon and discharge it all at whim.

At worst, I am simply a sorry excuse of a writer.

As for my choice of words appearing to be rich, that's probably a happy accident.

But, you have been really gracious with your appreciation and generous with your compliments.

I am humbled by your kindness and will probably delude myself at being better than I really am. 😉
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
@COUCH POTATO...u shud write for a magazine or newspaper and I M DAMN SERIOUS...ur words n the way they sync in the sentences u write is like poetry

There are quite a few good writers in this forum but ur one is on some different level altogether

If this writing is by accident then plz we need more such accidents
mary78613 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: CouchPotato90

Assalaam u Aaleikum, everyone. Random Musings from India.

Every Monday, we count down the time until the new episode.

Every Tuesday is celebrated like there's no tomorrow, coz it's 'DeD' Day.

Come Tuesday evening, each live update is widely anticipated and wildly cheered by all and sundry, who are not fortunate enough to be present in Pakistan or even the ones at places within Pakistan where electricity decides to take a hike while the show is telecast.

When all us 'Indian and Pakistani' netizens converge on the 'Diyar e Dil' section of HUM TV's official YouTube channel with utter disdain and total disregard to the numerous other shows enlisted there, as we begin to collectively curse under our breath until the episode (not to forget, the promo as well) finally gets uploaded, or if its quality is anything short of 'HD Ready' (read 720p).
Every Wednesday is devoted to dissecting and critiquing the bygone episode.

Thursday onwards, our discourse begins to swing like a pendulum between the episode that was and the episode that is yet to be, incessantly chirping until our collective twitter reaches a pandemonium, about how an episode seemingly left us high and dry... and why it isn't Tuesday already.

During the weekend, we get gripped by the promo fever because the precap per se, just couldn't account for itself to satiate our almost zombie-like bloodlust for any scoop on our beloved 'Diyar e Dil'.

Until it's Monday again, and our weekly devotion to' Diyar e Dil' has come full circle.

Suffice to say that 'Diyar e Dil' is so much more than just a novel or a show.

It is THE magnum opus of 2015.

And that too, is probably because all us I.Fers have left no stone unturned to elevate its almost divine status by putting it, and everything and everyone associated with it, on a pedestal.

Unfortunately, we are 25 episodes down already and there shall come a time when there will be no more future Tuesdays to look forward to and no past Tuesday left to ponder.

In the light of my aforementioned 'Desi Rant and Rave', I must, therefore, put forth a poser to my ilk here on India Forums... Do we really want the show to gather pace or rather slow down to tantalize and titillate us, just so that we can hang on to it a wee bit longer.

I guess, we are caught between a rock and a hard place (a Catch-22 situation, if you will), where we can't quite get our fill of Wali and Faraa but don't want the show to be over in a jiffy, either.

We enjoy watching Wali and Faraa fall in love with each other, but they probably don't love each other as much as we I.Fers love them.

As 'Diyar e Dil' enters the final lap of its journey, we might as well regale ourselves with a weekly dose of 'WaFa and DeD' while it lasts... until there's no more left to look forward to.

Aye 'Yaar-e-Mann', Humein Tum se Pyaar kitna, ye hum nahi jaante, magar jee nahi sakte tumhare bina.

Shab Ba Khair.

Allah Hafiz.

W/Salam

Amazing post 👏 You spoke the mind of every fan in this forum. This is exactly how we spend our weekdays. Thinking about the show, contemplating what is in store for us next and yes, we desperately wait for the promo every week. 😆

@bold So true! We are all so addicted to the show. I will surely miss the weekly dose when it ends.

P.S: The phrase 'between a rock and a hard place' remind me of OKB's tweet 😆
-MitwaIshqPe- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
@CouchPotato90: W'Salaam.. Beautiful Post! Agree with you.. I for one will miss this show and its discussions alot..
CouchPotato90 thumbnail

Originally posted by: mary78613

W/Salam

Amazing post 👏 You spoke the mind of every fan in this forum. This is exactly how we spend our weekdays. Thinking about the show, contemplating what is in store for us next and yes, we desperately wait for the promo every week. 😆

@bold So true! We are all so addicted to the show. I will surely miss the weekly dose when it ends.

P.S: The phrase 'between a rock and a hard place' remind me of OKB's tweet 😆

Thanks for the wonderful compliments, Mariam.

The phrase 'between a rock and a hard place' reminds me of Matthew Perry a.k.a 'Chandler', the zany conversations and witty repartee at 'Central Perk' in F.R.I.E.N.D.S. 😃

And, as far as our incorrigible addiction to 'Diyar e Dil' goes... Koi baat nahi, yaar. We'll have our rehab here on India Forums. 😉
Edited by CouchPotato90 - 9 years ago
965319 thumbnail
As much as I love Wali,I can't bear to see Farah cry and Wali being indifferent to same.
Farah is such a tragic character.Wali at least has his mom and sister,who does Farah have?
Not looking forward to the next episode.
girlTalks thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: lostmymusic.

Kuch nahin Agha Jaan ko. FI is just trying to pull a George R.R Martin on us.

Every time I see this ... 🤣🤣🤣
Angel-likeDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I don't want Agha Jan to dieee :(
Sohaib's death was in itself too much. Now Agha Jan 🥺