Users

Frequent Posters

*Fiza* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
< name=></>
Name : Zarmina Faisal
Nick Name(s) :
Mina, mini, mini me..all sorts of things. People love to distort my name!!
Show(s) :
Rated M, Luvalicious
Number of winters I have seen?? (age) : 18
Star Sign : Capricorn
If you find me no where…I would be… : Hmm The beach, its my escape plan! "trust me, its paradise!"
Tattoos or Piercing? : I have 6 piercings, inshallah I'll get a tattoo very soon too!!
Fashion Statement : Hmm..Black and Beautiful? Or Pink is an attitude... depends from day to day!
Most Memorable Moment at The Musik : Aaahhh I joined pretty recently…so I haven't been around long enough to fill this one..maybe later?
Jeans or Shalwar Kurta : Jeans, they're sooo comfortable..i have my days of shalwar kameez too, depends on my mood really!
Favorite Band : The doors, pink floyd, pearl jam, Red hot chilli peppers, dave matthews, coldplay, nirvana, this list is way too long!
When I was growing up.. I wanted to be a ….. : Ahh I was a mad child..i wanted to be an astrounaut, a race car driver, a stunt woman, a bond girl, wanted to join the airforce!! You get the picture…
What pisses me off? : This could be a long long list but I guess the worst is hypocrisy. I Hate hypocrites!
I would sell my soul for…… : Fendi! Diesel! Prada! You've sold your soul to the devil with your first pair of jimmy choos!
Any Secret??? : Hahahah plenty of embarrassing ones which will hopefully never come out. I have way too many skeletons in my closet!
Life for me is….. : Well, I want to live a great life, great enough to base a movie on!!
Hidden Talents : Keep watching, who knows you might just discover a few! I can't tell you everything now can i…!
My Life as a Movie: Mean girls! "Oh, and on Wednesdays, we wear pink!"…(that's a joke)
Closing Statement I want what's coming to me, the world and everything in it. Philosophy on life
"Trust me, its paradise. This is where the hungry come to feed for mine is a generation that searches the globe in search of something we havn't tried before. So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite, never outstay your welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience, nd if it hurts, you know what.. its probably worth it!"

Lot of love,
Zarmina
XOXOXO

Edited by Fiza_87 - 17 years ago
*Fiza* thumbnail
< name=></>
Name : Faraz Khan
Nick Name(s) : Foo aka Fafoo aka Fooman aka Rocker Fella aka Malak.
Show(s) : Rock On
Number of winters I have seen?? (age) : Im a Vicenarian, go figure.
Star Sign : The Ram
If you find me no where…I would be… : Pretty much non-existent
Tattoos or Piercing? : Hell Yeh….2 piercings on my left ear.
Fashion Statement : Urban, Grunge and Formal.
Most Memorable Moment at The Musik : Introducing a Rock show on the channel & Hosting The First Musik Awards.
Jeans or Shalwar Kurta : Jeans.
Favorite Band : Bon Jovi, Pearl Jam, Doors, Jeff Buckley, Staind….I can go on forever.
When I was growing up.. I wanted to be a ….. : Super Hero.
What pisses me off? : So far this questionnaire is doing a good job….
I would kill for…… : Unity-Faith-Discipline
Any Secret??? : Yes, there's a reason why it's a secret you moron.
Life for me is….. : A journey on its way to the afterlife.
Closing Statement : Music is a path of nirvana, follow it and attain enlightenment and I'm single.

*Fiza* thumbnail
< name=></>
Name : Lumia Khan
Nick Name(s) : PinX, Lumzy, Lumi, Angel *laugh*
Show(s) : Dial M, Pick N Play
Number of winters I have seen?? (age) : young at heart ... old at head
Star Sign : Aries+Taurus ..
If you find me no where…I would be… : Hogging ice cream / Sleeping
Tattoos or Piercing? : Piercing: Only ears and heart ;) , Tattoos: Just stick on tattoos, nothing permanent …
Fashion Statement : The devil wears Prada
Most Memorable Moment at The Musik : Actually I've had a lot but the first striking my mind is: my first show
Jeans or Shalwar Kurta : A little bit of both: jeans and a kurta, or shalwar and a shirt .. (simplicity is boring)
Favorite Band : favoritism is forbidden. I love hardwork.But if you insist; Vital Signs, Junoon, Strings, Call,
When I was growing up.. I wanted to be a ….. : Doctor, Engineer, Architect, Web Designer, … uhmm, im still growing up!
What pisses me off? : liars, cruelty, rudeness, sunny days, sweat, laziness, mosquitoes, stinky socks, running nose, being pestered, pettiness, child/women molester
I would kill for…… : That's for Him to do … im just an angel!
Any Secret??? : Yes a lot! All locked in the box and the key is lost! *grin*
Life for me is….. : A challenge … bring it on!
Closing Statement : Too difficult ... I hate goodbyes!
*Fiza* thumbnail
< name=></>
Name : VJ NaTaSha
Nick Name(s) : So many that I dunt know where to start! Well Tashy is one, tasha, tish tosh, tish, natty, natz and would you even believe tashoi?!
Show(s) : The Musik Inbox every Mon and Tues @ 8
Number of winters I have seen?? (age) : Age is a state of mind which I guess makes me *five* haha
Star Sign : I'm actually on a cusp which makes me half Scorpio and half Libra- that's how my personality is too… balanced like Libra passionate like Scorpios!
If you find me no where…I would be… : Id love to say hiking up some mountain or vacationing in Thailand but truth be told curled up in my room reading a book or watching either Greys anatomy, Family guy, One tree hill, Desperate Housewives, Veronica mars, Prison Break, Heroes or 24!
Tattoos or Piercing? : Im going to be all adventurous and say tattoos but my threshold for pain is so low that id die doing either :P
Fashion Statement : If you like it, wear it with such confidence that it should look good enough for everyone else to want to wear it and don't EVER let anyone else tell you how fat or thin you are.. you're just as thin or fat as you want to be!
Most Memorable Moment at The Musik : I know everyone will probably have one but since I'm the channels favorite (or so I think hehe) I have two! One was when I interviewed Bryan Adams and he said I was beautiful *yay* and the other when I interviewed Raghav and he sang 'Natasha's got angel eyes'.. my job is the best EVER! :D
Jeans or Shalwar Kurta : My night suit!! It's the comfiest thing after working the whole long day and then dressing up the rest so that u dunt look like a bhangi!
Favorite Band : Tune in to my shows to find out! But I will say that the one thing I want to do before I die is attend a U2 concert!
When I was growing up.. I wanted to be a ….. : Well I wanted to be a teacher and a model and a doctor all at the age of 5 and at 6, I wanted to be Barbie (haha) which later converted into advertising! actually and that's what my degree is inclined towards too but im going to say I always wanted to be a *superstar* khe khe
What pisses me off? : Intolerance and people who have no compassion towards animals
I would kill for…… : That perfect pair of jeans or that top that I just HAVE to have... shopping makes me a little crazy! Or on some days even Twix :/ depends on how much im craving it!
Any Secret??? : Im scared of heights
Life for me is….. : I only have three rules I live by… 1) No regrets- if you think you'll regret it, don't do it and if you've done it then give it your all
2) Everything happens for a reason- if you're patient enough you'll manage to find out why
3) Always find a reason to smile- it makes the tougher days go by faster
Closing Statement : To all those people who have spent all these years following my shows and emailing me or coming up to me in colleges, malls etc to let me know how they love the way I host and for all of those who have loved me to the extent of remembering birthdays and every outfit I've worn on every show.. I love you guys and wouldn't be here without you :) If you want give me feedback on www.natashafc.uni.cc ur welcome to and as an ending note… YOU ROCK! *high five*
*Fiza* thumbnail
< name=></>
Name : Aliza Akhtar
Nick Name(s) : Leezu, Lizzy
Show(s) : The Freshly Baked Show, In NYC with Aliza
Number of winters I have seen?? (age) : 25
Star Sign : Aries
If you find me no where…I would be… : On the beach in Jamaica
Tattoos or Piercing? : Pierced ears. Tattoos? No, not ready for that kind of commitment.
Fashion Statement : Bold, bright, beautiful.
Most Memorable Moment at The Musik : It's hard to pick one.
Jeans or Shalwar Kurta : Depends on the kind of day I am having.
Favorite Band : U2!
When I was growing up.. I wanted to be a ….. : Lawyer
What pisses me off? : Lies & pettiness.
I would kill for…… : My parents.
Any Secret??? : There is a reason it's a secret…
Life for me is….. : A rollercoaster. I love rollercoasters!
My Life as a Movie : None that fit the bill completely, although we can make one.…it will be very unique.

*Fiza* thumbnail
< name=></>
Name : Ahmed Tariq Khan
Nick Name(s) :
A.T. , Ahmed T.
Show(s) :
Behind the Music , Guess the Price
Number of winters I have seen?? (age) : Heh.. not telling you would give u more fantasy.
Star Sign : Cancer
If you find me no whereKI would beK : At Football, Gaming.. u know the usual
Tattoos or Piercing? : Eyebrow Piercing
Fashion Statement : Fashion is temporary, style is forever.
Most Memorable Moment at The Musik : Is yet to come.. youll see
Jeans or Shalwar Kurta : Jeans
Favorite Band : Noori | Metallica | Sajjid & Zeeshan
When I was growing up.. I wanted to be a K.. : Well.. im still growing up..
What pisses me off? : I dont get pissed off.. ƒ
I would kill forKK : ROCK!...lol no on a serious note.. my loved ones.
Any Secret??? : Yes, many.
Hidden Talents My girlfriend forbids me to mention them.
My Life as a Movie: John Tucker Must Die
Life for me isK.. : Its like comparing an Apple with a German Shepard.
Closing Statement : Live everyday like its ure last, and never stop trying to get to your dreams. try hard enough and ull make it!
*Fiza* thumbnail
< name=></>
Name : Alishba
Nick Name(s) :
Content not allowed he he
Show(s) : The musik top ten & The musik lounge
Number of winters I have seen?? (age) : 21
Star Sign : Virgo
If you find me no where…I would be… : "getting mugged" hehe hopefully not anytime soon again!If you wont find me anywhere then it should be quite obvious that i'm shutting the world out.now would it make sense if i publicize the venue? it's called my "sweet escape" :)
Tattoos or Piercing? : piercings?been there done that. Want to get a tattoo. so one day!
Fashion Statement : 'accessorize!' I think perhaps the one thing that separates us in the animal kingdom is our ability to accessorize, if your shoes are wrong it doesn't matter that you're wearing a $3,000 Valentino."
Most Memorable Moment at The Musik : bad memory would be...the photoshoot day,i couldn't be more annoyed. good memory hmmm oh the ghungru's,"zak" and the tree!hahahaha this is for faisal,rana and ali to get.
Jeans or Shalwar Kurta : Both. casually,i wear jeans and ocassionally when i feel like looking pwetty i put on my shalwar kameez.
Favorite Band : Coldplay,Dave mathews band,GOo Goo Dolls,Lifehouse,Red hot chilli peppers,Pearljam,Live,Nirvana,Anathema,Metallica,A Perfect Circle,Tool.
Always liked rock better than any other genre but these days metal is growing on me,used to hate it at one point in time though.
When I was growing up.. I wanted to be a ….. : So manyy things hehe A FIGHTER PILOT!!a designer(girly girl phase),a lawyer,a scientist,an actress,a model ;)
What pisses me off? : Lies. Egos bigger than the size of texas. attention craving human beings
I would kill for…… : For my dreams to transpire into reality. sometimes, surrealism and an obscurist fantasy is all that's required for us to connect to ourselves
Any Secret??? : Takes me longer than filling a form to open up. so no secrets.
Life for me is….. : A place where you make memories
Closing Statement : So never mind the darkness
We still can find a way
'Cause nothin' lasts forever
Even cold November rain

*Fiza* thumbnail
< name=></>
Name : Waqar Zaka
Nick Name(s) : Hmmm…dare devil
Show(s) : Living on the Edge
Number of winters I have seen?? (age) : 26
Star Sign : Cancer
If you find me no where…I would be… : At THE MUSIK Editing Room (doing my editing work)
Tattoos or Piercing? : My GF is forcing me to go for piercing but I am still thinking about something else.
Fashion Statement : Be original ..stop following da trends…be a trend setter
Most Memorable Moment at The Musik : When I first came to THE MUSIK for auditions and people said.. WAQAR cant be anything…..i still did it…
Jeans or Shalwar Kurta : Shalwar Kurta
Favorite Band : NOORI, NIRVANA and ATIF ASLAM
When I was growing up.. I wanted to be a ….. : Always wanted to be a VJ / director
What pisses me off? : My assistant directorsssssssssssss
I would kill for…… : Killing…What… Chal na …
Any Secret??? : I am a VJ
Life for me is….. : to have fun & ...
Closing Statement : Don't think…Just do it…
*Fiza* thumbnail
New Song: Atif Aslam - 'Chupke Sey Aaye'

1. 'Chupke
Sey Aaye'
Atif Aslam

Atif Aslam's Hungami Halaat may not have released just yet, but new songs (without any real information) from Atif keep popping up on the web. After the internet release of 'Hungami Halaat', it is 'Chupke Sey Aaye' that has come out from local music scene's man of the moment, Atif Aslam and it is another testament of his talent.

He may not have impressed critics with Doorie but he made it big here and across the border. But here, all mannerisms of Doorie have gone and one finds Atif Aslam of the good 'ol Japari days but with better vocals.

'Chupke Sey Aaye' is not a predictable pop ditty as was 'Doorie' and 'Hum Kis Galli Ja Rahein Hai'. It is a definite improvement. Essentially a pop/rock tune, it is softer in sound and is a sentimental ballad that grows on you. With a heartbreaking wordplay that goes, "Kab tak bharo khud mein junoon/Tum na milo tau kaisay sahoon/Apni wafa pey hai tau yakheen/Tum saath na do tau kya mein kahu?" it highlights how Atif has improved as a singer. Right now, it remains unclear if this is a rough version of the song or the fact that it may or may not be a part of Atif's upcoming album, Hungami Halaat, but it is a classic Atif Aslam song in every way. So, download it NOW! The superstar of Pakistani music has delivered a fantastic new song.
*Fiza* thumbnail
Shifting sands
Instep takes a brief look at Raeth -- the youngest music sensation making waves in Pakistan and across the border

By Maheen Sabeeh

Rewind to the past
A few months ago, a song aired on television by the name 'Bhula Do' by a then unknown band calling themselves Raeth. The video was nothing to write home about. It was another performance-based video that showed a band performing and chilling with friends. The song however, was a different story altogether. It was another pop/rock number coming out of the scene but it worked because of its simplicity. It's also a melodic number, not groundbreaking by any means but one of those annoyingly addictive tracks that stuck to your head. This was the beginning of Raeth - a boy band that struck gold with just one video.
A little while after 'Bhula Do' aired in Pakistan, it was picked up by Indian music channels and was fighting hard against names like Euphoria, Kailash Kher and other Indi pop artists in the countdown. It was an unprecedented hit. And it was all a stroke of luck...

Who are they?
Raeth is the brainchild of Wajhi Farouqui, (Vocals), Farabi Hasan, (Lead Guitars) and Mustafa Asad (Bass). This is perhaps one of the youngest bands in Pakistan with Wajhi being 21, Mustafa, 20 and Farabi only 18-years old.

All three guys have been interested in music since childhood. If Wajhi was winning singing competitions, Farabi was winning inter-school guitar competitions. Both Wajhi and Farabi were jamming and doing cover songs roughly two years back but it hit them that covers weren't their style. "We wanted to do original stuff," says Farabi. Then, they came across Mustafa and decided to form a band. With the help of their session drummer, Alfred D'Mello, Raeth met Kashan Admani (Mizmaar fame).

Kashan Admani is the CEO of Dream Station Productions – a production house that produces music and is working towards promoting new talent. Interestingly, not only did Kashan produce their self-titled debut album but he also landed them a record deal in India. "I have tied up with Universal Music. The idea is to promote music all over the world and Universal can help us achieve that. Once these guys came in, I sent three of their songs to India to Universal. They were very impressed and decided to release their album." Kashan changed a few things around in their songs and provided this young band with the expertise that one requires in producing an album. The rest as they say is history. Raeth's album has been released in Pakistan and simultaneously saw a release in India, USA and the Middle East through Universal.

The next step
In order to survive in the music industry, the ability of performing live is a must. Fortunately, Raeth has that quality. At their album launch, these guys performed to a packed house and even though they were playing unplugged, they managed to captivate the audience to such an extent that 'Bhula Do' was performed twice.

Even as Raeth is doing very well for itself, there is skepticism in people's minds. Rungg's debut single, 'Hum Na' was an absolute hit but once the hype died down and the album released, it didn't hit the market hard. The only question remains: with so many new bands doing the same kind of music, will this album work? "We've done the best we can and so far, our album is on top in Pakistan and India," says Farabi. Whether their album has what it takes to be as big as Call or Jal remains to be seen but just for now, Raeth it seems has arrived and what an arrival it has been!