Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Fiza* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
A La Mode
Dresses from Lahore

In September 2005 , Salma of Goal Boutique in Lahore, Pakistan visited the US and held several dress shows. The Saturday Post caught up with her at one of her dress exhibitions held in Ashburn, Virginia.

Goal boutique is affiliated with the famous Cynosure Boutique in Liberty Market, Lahore. The boutiques are a family run business. Cynosure, focusing on party wear, is run by Salma's brother while Goal offers bridal wear and is co-managed by Salma and her sister, Goal, who is the designer and the boutique is named after her.

The dress exhibition and sale in Ashburn was well attended. The clothes were stylish and prices quite affordable, starting at about $30 for a georgette suit, going up based on the fabric and embroidery. The sale was very successful; guests bought several dresses and were very happy and excited about their purchases.

Some of the bridal wear was beautiful; the cuts and embroidery were very distinctive. It was a treat to see such nice clothes in this part of the globe. So if you happen to be in Lahore, go and check out Goal and Cynosure, both well known for their fresh taste in style and reasonable prices.

Zubaria

Saima

Popy

Salma of Goal Boutique with Aziza, who hosted the Goal Dress Exhibition and Sale

Edited by Fiza_87 - 17 years ago
kalli thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Kaafila releases in Pakistan

Date: 2007-05-26

Ammtoje Maan's Indian film Kafila starring Sunny Deol is releasing in Pakistan on 2oth june ,on the same date as slated for Indian releaseTalking to Dr Ejaz Waris,Pakistan cinema distributors said,The film is about illegal immigrants. It is based on the Malta Boat tragedy that happened in 1996 that cost the lives of 407. The causalities were 170 from India, 88 from Pakistan and 149 from Srilanka.
All these people were illegal immigrants who drowned in the Malta- Sicily channel when their boat collided with a ship.
Deol plays the savior in the film that saves many lives in the incident.
Sana ,our Pakistani leading actress is playing the female lead opposite Sunny Deol. She plays an Afghani character. Another of our Pakistani tv actress Mona Lisa is playing the role of an Indian. The film attempts at showing the pains and trials that immigrants go through in their lives.
Report by Showbizhungama.com!

Edited by kalli - 17 years ago
kalli thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Hadiqa..flying high!

Date: 2007-05-31

She's hip and happening, an energetic live act, the modern woman and a mother - Hadiqa Kiani is the only female musician who has been able to stick around in the pop music industry for over a decade. That in itself is reason enough to be celebrated. But that is not why she is Instep's chosen hotstepper of the week.

These days, Hadiqa is flying high as her latest collaborative effort, 'Living This Lie' with guitar genius Aamir Zaki is out and is all over the airwaves. It is this effort of hers that caught our attention.

Hadiqa has consciously strayed away from her folky-pop sound and gone for a mature, moody sound with Aamir.
That she has had the courage to experiment – she has sung in English on the entire album – is a commendable fact. More so because she has had a successful career singing in Urdu with bits of Punjabi thrown in. English is an about face and it is this turn that proves that Hadiqa is not afraid of reinvention. To evolve constantly is essential and Hadiqa understands this.

For music aficionados, Hadiqa has pulled a music coup that no other musician has been able to in a very long time. And that is getting Aamir Zaki to do a full-fledged album after a decade. Had Hadiqa not agreed to sing in English, it may never have happened.

For a long time, long before Annie and Rabi Peerzada came onto the music scene, Hadiqa has been the sole woman in the local pop music world, collaborating throughout her career. She was the only woman singer in the new version of Najam Shiraz's 'In Say Nain' video and similar was the case with the anti-terrorism song, 'Yeh Hum Nahie' where she teamed up with Ali Zafar, Strings, Haroon and Ali Haider.

Last year at the Lux Style Awards, Hadiqa rocked the house with her performance. It may not have been live, but as far as lip-syncing goes (it really is an art to pull it off), she is as good as it gets.

Over the years, Hadiqa has taken Pakistani music to various parts of the world via her rigorous tours to USA, Canada, UK, Middle East and Norway. She is the first Asian woman singer to get signed by Pepsi International (the second in the world after Gloria Estefan), she is the only female singer to have performed at international events with other musicians like Lisa Stanfield and Michael Learns to Rock featured. And hey, she can act too! The 'Iss Baar Milo' video is a prime example.

And Hadiqa is our answer to Angelina Jolie. In October 2005, after Pakistan was hit with a devastating earthquake, she went ahead and adopted a boy! And has admitted to Instep that it was the best decision of her life.

For aspiring female musicians, Hadiqa remains an example. Ultimately, as long as Hadiqa is around, there is still hope for women in the patriarchial music world of Pakistan

Edited by kalli - 17 years ago
*Fiza* thumbnail
Lux Style Awards 07
LSA Buzz
There's no business like show business

It's that time of the year again. The entire flock of Pakistan's superstars is ready to spread its wings and soar out to Malaysia for the sixth annual Lux Style Awards. As always, it's a high time, whether you talk about 'Highlands', hype or high currents, though the under currents aren't to be ignored either. And amidst the flood of kisses that stopped mid air and the shutterbugs that created a frenzy after every pair of high heels walking down the red carpet, the Press Conference was buzzing with life. There were a million questions to be answered and interestingly, whether fashion nominations or program details, the LSA team managed to keep a lid on its safely guarded secrets. "We'll keep it a surprise," said Freiha Altaf when asked about this year's show. And so, unable to contain themselves, the Chinese whispers began…Would Reema be performing with Nirma? Which designers would be favoured on the coveted red carpet? Would Shan be hosting the event for a third time in a row? Would Ali Zafar and Atif Aslam be performing their new numbers…and here's what Instep Today picked up on from the crackling energy…

Glowing pink: The face of Lux, Reema Khan was another big name at the press conference with photographers capturing her every moment as she strutted around from one end to the other end of the room. Dressed in all white, a radiant looking Reema revealed to Instep Today that she 'is' performing at the LSAs this year. "Last year I wasn't satisfied by my performance. This year, it will be something spectacular," she said. When asked why it was not up to the mark, she said, "I just wanted something different." Reema, is also appearing in Ali Zafar's next video, that has been shot in Malaysia. She spoke highly of wonder boy Ali Z and director Saqib Malik, whom she has worked with on a number of occasions. "It was very enjoyable. I had the opportunity of working side by side with my colleague Meera and the beautiful Aaminah Haq as well as Aliwho is such a good singer." Reema also has another film up her sleeve. Although very keen on keeping the film out of the limelight for sometime, she did reveal that it would reunite her and actor Shaan after almost a decade. Until then, you can certainly catch Reema at the LSAs!

Star power at its peak: A nominee for Best Music Album, Ali Zafar seemed more like a movie star than a musician at the LSA press conference. With media in an obvious frenzy, trying to get a 'newsbyte' from him, Ali Zafar was surrounded by cameraman and anchors, rotating between answering questions and meeting and greeting friends in the industry. In town for a few days, Ali was quite happy as he was on his way to see the first edit of his upcoming video that features Reema, Meera and Aaminah Haq. According to him, "It is the biggest video in Pakistan." As it turns out, this video is sponsored by Lux and as Ali puts it laughingly, "I'm the Lux man." While he did not reveal if he would be performing at the awards, our guess is that he probably will. Unfortunately we can also say that he won't feature in an ad in a hot tub with the Lux girls!

Vinnie turned up for the press conference in a Karma for V9 frock worn over trousers. "I've put on weight and for the first time in ten years I couldn't fit into my jeans. I had nothing else to wear," she exclaimed. Call it an extra few pounds or prosperity, it sure suited Vinnie who glowed through the event nevertheless.

"I don't want to say everything now… I'll save my comments for the LSA red carpet," was what Deepak Perwani (left) said when asked how he would be involved in this year's program.

"No one told me there would be a red carpet!" exclaimed Tapu (far right) as he walked in wearing casual jeans and a rugged T-shirt. But we'd be talking on behalf of every woman if we said that despite the casual look, Tapu was undoubtedly the most glamorous man to walk in.

Elusive presence: Nirma was the face of Lux two years ago, but quietly disappeared after a falling out with the LSA. Apparently, after repeatedly showing up late for rehearsals, LSA was forced to replace Nirma at the last minute with Meera. So now, after two years out of the LSA limelight, it was only natural that antennae were up when Nirma showed up at the press conference. When questioned about her role in the LSA 2007, her elusive response was that she was performing and presenting, but there is a bigger surprise in store for people, which would only be revealed the night of the LSA's! She also made it very clear that despite the fact that she is working in a few Bollywood projects, she is keen on being a prominent presence in the Pakistani industry.

"Instep Today is brilliant! There is no other paper quite like it" exclaimed Kamiar Rokhni of Karma, who along with his designing partner, Maheen Kardar had flown in for the press conference. Thank you, Kami!

It was the young band Raeth (L to R: Farabi Hasan and Wajhi Farooqui) who couldn't stop smiling. They have picked up their first LSA nomination for Best Music Album and it was more than what they were expecting. "We worked very hard and tried our best but this nomination was so unexpected," exclaimed Wajhi.

"Yes I guess I am on board," smiled Nabila (right), already exhausted by pre-empting the roller coaster ride she is up for. But she knows that no-one else can do it the way she can and the challenge makes it worth her time!
Meanwhile Ashim Sen (left) who had flown in from India for the press conference, missed Babra Sharif and Meera. A self professed 'filmi aadmi' he loves our Lollywood divas!

Humayun's boyish good looks were a magnet for those around him. After a comical attempt at hiding his face and sheepish grin, Humayun said about his latest film, Main Ek Din Laut Ke Aaonga that while there were bits in the movie he was not proud of, overall he was happy with the results of the film.

Drumming up a storm: Front man of Overload, Farhad Humayun had flown in from Lahore especially for the press conference. Carrying the video of 'Dhamaal' in his bag, which is slated for a release in the coming days. Farhad was quite happy being there although he is skeptical about winning Best Live Act this year. "We won last year. I really doubt we'll win it this year," he said. Tight-lipped about performing, he said, "We are talking at this point. If they let us perform live, then everyone will fly off to Malaysia including Goonga Saeen. Otherwise, it'll be me, Shiraz and Hasan who will attend." Farhad revealed that Overload has started work on the second album, which will feature two vocalists, on a few tracks.

Nomi Ansari has been a nominee for the past three years but he still has not won an LSA. "It's like I was born with this fate," he laughed. "I will be nominated year after year after year….of course I'll be nominated but I know I won't win. Can't break the record, can I?" Just for being such a good sport, we do wish he does! Meanwhile "Why would I disappear?" replied Tooba when asked where she had vanished to. "I've been in New York shooting for several serials and programs but I'm back now." Following in Iman's and Vinny footsteps, Tooba is all set to be a telly queen.
*Fiza* thumbnail
SC orders Abrar-ul-haq to omit 'Parveen' from song

ISLAMABAD: The Supreme Court on Monday directed pop singer Abrarul Haq to omit the name 'Parveen' from his song 'Parveen tu Bari Namkeen' and not use such names in his lyrics in future. He was ordered to present an amended version of the song before the court within two weeks. Acting Chief Justice Javed Iqbal and Justice Sardar Raza Khan issued these directives while conducting suo moto proceedings initiated after a letter written by a girl named Parveen was published in the press. Dr Khalid Ranjha, counsel for the defence, argued the name used in the lyrics is 'Permeen' and not 'Parveen'. However, he said his client would omit even this reference. After hearing, Abrar said the letter had proved fictitious. He said the principal of the college had issued a certificate testifying that there was no student named Parveen at his institution. staff report
*Fiza* thumbnail

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

Ajnabee Shehr Mein(lollywood film)

Ajnabee Shehr Mein (Urdu: ? ?) is a film being directed by the ace Pakistani ad-film maker Saqib Malik. The film stars Ali Zafar, Shaan, Samina Peerzada and the ramp-model Tooba Siddiqui. It is being produced by the recording industry tycoon Khalid Sadaf. Shanee scores the music. The film is an urban thriller set in the Pakistani metropolis Karachi, and the shooting commenced in April 2006. Sarmad Sultan Khoosat has penned the script. The film is currently in production.

Synopsis
The film is a coming of age tale of non-native Pakistanis who land in Karachi to discover their destinies. A mystery/thriller angle has also been hinted at by the director.

Cast

* Shaan
* Ali Zafar
* Tooba Siddiqui
* Samina Peerzada
* Ali Saleem
*Fiza* thumbnail

Lollywood actress Saima (ain't she looking gorgeus)😳

s

*Fiza* thumbnail
Paparazzi

Lahore: Asim Buksh of the Men's Store launched Chaumet, the famous French jewelry brand. The event was organised by J&S.

Ali Azmat and Shahzad
Guest, Resham and Ghalib
Natasha, Asim, Tina and Ammar
Nomi, Sara and Noore
Nazi, Iffat, Shahzad and Sundus
Sanam, Juggan and Mehreen
Alina and Asim Buksh
Hira and Madiha
Hassan and Amnah
Mehwish and Sheharyar
Yousaf Salli with friends
Sundus Natty Shahzad Ifffat Nazi and Faraz
Hassan and Sara
Nadia Malik Rima and Asim
Shoaib Akhtar Scherezade and Sanam
Sadia and Farooque
Sara and Shahid
Usman and Sarah

*Fiza* thumbnail

Lahore: Play TV recently held a concert at Lahore's FAST University with
Mekaal Hassan Band and Call. Some 2500 students, staff and faculty
members attended.

The band members of Call
Xulfi
Sultan and Junaid
Junaid
Junaid
Meekal Hassan band
Junaid
Meekal Hassan band on stage
Akbar Bashir
Meekal Hassan band
Meekal Hassan
Mohd Ahsan Papu on flute
Akbar Bashir
Xulfi
Two girls enjoying the performance
The crowd
Akbar
Call on stage
View of the stage
Call on stage
Xulfi
A view of the crowd and the stage
Meekal Hassan band on stage
Drummer
Meekal Hassan band
Akbar

*Fiza* thumbnail

Lahore: Aamir Mazhar of Savvy PR & Events launched Cafe Tiamo in DHA with cocktails for the party elite of Lahore. The stylish crowd in
attendance let their hair down & rocked the evening away.

Ammar Belal and Aaminah Haq
DJ Rishi and Salma Raza
Mehdi and Sara Rahman
Hatib and Fatima
Yousaf Sallahudin and Mariam Gandapur
Nauman and Mehrbano Sethi
Saira, Farhan and Maliha Naipul
Ali Qureshi and Saira Omer
Ahmed Elahi and Ghalib Raazee
Farah and Sarah Khan
Hassan Ibrahim and Sara Tanvir
Hassan Ahamd and Shiza