Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

wini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Welcome back!

Let's extend our heartiest welcome to senior actor Mustafa Quraishi who has returned to Lollywood after a long gap of five years. Having distanced himself from the big screen as a protest for the kind of shoddy and seedy stuff that was being churned out, the credit for his return goes to none other than Shan. He has managed to rope in the talented performer for not one but two movies being directed by him. Shan is trying to woo other senior artists who have kept themselves away from filmdom. He feels that this might be helpful in attracting cine-goers to the cinema houses once again. What's that they say about old being gold?

Edited by wini - 17 years ago
wini thumbnail

...on cloud nine

Let us start with actor-turned-designer Aijaz Aslam, who is on cloud nine these days. While he is doing quite well on the acting front, it is the opportunity to design for none other than President Musharraf that has our lad all excited and revved up. This wonderful opening came Aijaz's way when he got the offer to design a sherwani for the President. Of course, he worked diligently to make something truly spectacular and regal for the President. Reportedly our president was very pleased with the creation. Besides this, Aijaz is also designing for other high profile clients - his numerous showbiz colleagues, ambassadors, and recently Wasim Akram, West Indies skipper Chris Gayle. His new sherwani collection, Mughal Line, with its very royal allure has become very popular with executive class. It is nice to see that Aijaz's hard work is paying off in a big way.

wini thumbnail
Dropped out!

There's news that our Lollywood lad Muammar Rana has been dropped from the cast of a Punjabi film Gulabo and replaced by model and artist Shamyl Khan. Aww...now that's sad! Shamyl will be playing the romantic lead opposite Saima in the film. Won't Saima be suitable to play the part of a big sis or maybe a young mum. What say guys? Our mole tells us that no immediate reason was given as to why director Sangeeta has dropped Momy out from the cast of the film. Shaan will also be playing an important character in the film. Besides these three actors the cast includes Resham, Meera, Babar Ali and others. We are waiting for this venture of yours Sangeeta jee...
wini thumbnail

Reema's second "shoot" at loot

And from the Reema front we heard that she recently visited Britain with multi-purpose objectives of recreation and how can she forget business. Our dusky dame was busy in the selection of locations for her new film as a director after Koi Tujh Sa Kahan, which has proved a bumper success at the box-office. From what we've heard that 70 per cent of her film would be picturised on locations in Britain and would feature wadey wadey artists from Bollywood and Lollywood. She said that she has learnt many lessons during the making of her maiden offering Koi Tujh Sa Kahan. Hmm... and she would try her level best to avoid committing the same mistakes in the production of her second film, or else the critics would not be accountable to their sarcastic remarks.

wini thumbnail

Singer Ali Zafar finally came out with the much-awaited follow-up to his debut album. But Masti is not worth the hoot that preceded its release. In fact it is quite lacklustre with not a single ditty in the collection matching up to the numbers that made Huqqa Panni such a big rage. Looks like Ali Zafar had been idling with the huqqa for too long. But newcomers Sajid and Zeeshan from Peshawar have everyone sitting up and taking notice and so is Abbass Aly Khan who is brimming with talent.

wini thumbnail

Meera's big designs to conquer Bollywood came to naught and so she once again began to concentrate on home turf. She's even patched up with long time rival cum "sister" Reema and the two of them are now working on the local version of Devdas, where Meera plays the role of Chandramukhi. She even declared on Telly Show, "Reema loves me a lot."
wini thumbnail

On Set with Maria Wasti
By Irim Ahmed - ([email protected])

Tell us something about your present shoot in Dubai?

I am here for a serial. It's a Faheem Burney serial. The cast includes both Pakistanis and Indians. The serial is called "Dharkan" and it's a mixture of emotions. I have the main role in it. The cast includes Aejaz Aslam, Imran Abbas and Sara Gillani, Tina, Rohit and Kawaljeet Singh, who are from India. It's a co-production and family oriented serial including a love story.

How was it like working in 'Riyasat'.

It was a Humayun Saeed production. It was a very different role for me as I had not done a role like that before. It has a Sindhi background to it and so the flavour of that language had to be kept there. Secondly, I loved the theme. I immediately agreed for the role when I found about it. Kamran Qureishi is a very good and hardworking director. He has been working with Humayun Saeed for quite a long time. The cast was bold and it had an excellent story line. Another interesting fact is that this serial was based on certain true events and characters.

What role do you think is television playing in creating awareness in our people & society?

Television is a very important media, whether we accept it or not. Consciously or unconsciously, it affects everyone. Every home has a television and it has an obvious influence. There is a media war prevailing nowadays. The days when we used to conquer with swords and guns are over. Whatever you show in the television creates an overall impression of our society and culture in the viewers mind. Television is a very important medium through which we reach the people. If used effectively, it can change life. It can shape up the present generation. So we have a big responsibility on our shoulders relating to what we portray. Media is shaping up today's generation. If you used effectively it can change lives. So that is very important on how project your countries image.

Do you think too many private channels has decreased the quality of drama serials made these days?

Well the quality had to decrease because our supply of actors, actresses, writers, directors, producers and other facilities are not enough. That is why it is so hard to keep up with the quality output of the numerous channels that we now have. Obviously creating so many new channels was a challenge, people have taken it well and are working really hard. Things have definitely changed today. People today are considering it as a serious profession. We have many new people are entering this field. Before, it was just considered as a hobby and never taken seriously. So, this is a period of growth and expansion. It will take some time to improve and then maintain the quality.

You project a very powerful persona in drama serials. Are you really that strong in person?

(Smiling) Well it depends on the role. I am a strong person when it comes to certain things in life. One goes through different relationships and interactions in daily life. If I am a strong person on television it doesn't necessarily mean that I am the same in reality. One has to behave accordingly to different people and situations.

Can acting be taught or is it purely talent?

I believe it is a God gifted talent that can be chiseled. If you have a flair for a particular vocation, you then have to refine it. If it was purely based on talent, then every other person would be in this profession. It's something that you have inside you which you have to recognize and groom it. I believe If you have a bit of talent and the right connections and proper working environment, then you can become a successful actor or actress. But yes the seed of talent has to be inside of you to start with.

Which characters that you've played do you identify with the most?

I identify with almost about 95% of the characters that I have played. Relating with them means that the characters are reality based which you see around you in your daily life. It is very important for me to see, feel and understand the character. If there is nothing real about the character then it also becomes difficult for an actor to perform them convincingly. Portraying emotions is all about how they get triggered and then what are there consequent effects.

Have you got your dream role yet or still waiting?

Not exactly. I am waiting for something interesting. My idea of a dream role would be one in which everything is perfect, like a great script with an excellent director and talented cast members. All these aspects coming together would constitute a dream role. Usually, there is always something missing. If you have a good script, then the cast isn't good, or the director isn't good, or there might not be a good theme or storyline.

Name a favourite actor or actress.

I really don't have any favourites. I like different actors in different roles they perform. It isn't necessary that you act like Robert De Niro in every role he plays. An amazing actor with a bad script would create a flop. There are moments or roles that one likes of a character in a particular movie. I do like Michelle Pfeifer in many of the roles she has done.

Why are you seen in serious roles most of the time and not in comedy?

I have done comedy before but basically my forte has been this side of work. I started out with serious roles and then just got more offers for this aspect of acting. In fact, I have started preferring it. I like doing comedy once in a while but not all the time; in fact I'm working on one these days.

Are you comfortable taking up negative roles?

Oh, yes I am. Actually in life there is no such thing as negative or positive characters. All individuals make right and wrong decisions and have committed good and bad deeds. Everybody have some flaws, like everybody do get jealous. You never know that I might be in general doing something good but it may end up being bad for you, so it's all about perspectives and how one sees it. I always try to keep a human touch in my negative characters. I believe that in a given moment of time, certain bad side of a person surfaces but he can't be labeled as bad all the time.

What do you think of the joint ventures between India & Pakistan?

I think they are good. It's a healthy change of culture and work, but it should to be in moderated. The Indian side is better known here and so they have a stronger influence. Our dramas and channels are not shown in India, even though most of our older serials are quite famous and well-known. Their actors are stars here, but it is not the same case across the border. So, definitely a balance and control must be maintained.

Soaps shown on Pakistani channels these days seem to be inspired by Indian channels. What do you have to say about that?

I actually never could enjoy watching such soaps. I could never really relate to it. However, they started a new trend. Since we aren't able to come up with our own original works, we have started copying them badly. The copying had started with films and now even dramas and other kinds of television shows. We should know that a hit over there won't necessarily become a hit over here. We don't really have an impressive film history, so we have always shown our talent and might through our dramas. We should have maintained our own individuality because we all know that imitation never pays off. Today Ideas sell and if we don't come up with our own we will end up forever following them.

Do you see yourself as a future director?

No, besides acting, I am only into production only. To me direction is a very specialized and difficult job. I don't think I can do it right now. Though I have been producing for the past 3 years but directing along with acting is not possible for me.

Any upcoming serials and dramas to look forward to …?

There are quite a lot of things coming up. There are two sitcoms and a series that I am producing. Besides that, I am working on a soap opera which is written by Bushra Ansaari. Javed Sheikh, Bushra Aapa and Kawaljeet Singh and I have the main roles in it. It's a very interesting love story. There are also a lot of other serials in the pipeline.

Would you like to give out any message to young actors and actresses out there?

I feel that Acting has to be taken very seriously. Don't treat it like a part time job. You have to give your fullest to be successful here. Whatever you may endeavor, may it be acting, producing, editing, camerawork, please study it. Only if you are serious about it then pursue it. I believe all professions should be taken seriously and sincerely.

wini thumbnail

Atif Aslam - Unplugged
By Ahmed Hayat

How did your performance go in Dubai with Umeed 2006?

Well, I really enjoyed performing there. Dubai is a very rocking place. Since, it was for a good cause, it felt so much more worthwhile. It's great to see other artists participating in such an event. The crowd was full of energy. I had a lot of fun.

What's next?

I am going to continue playback singing. My songs are becoming hits in India and the people there really like my music.

Does that mean no more music for the Pakistani market?

I basically want to experiment. Pakistan has a market for Pop Music while India doesn't. I want to go there and go through this new experience of playback singing. I see playback singing as a step ahead of Pop Music.

What do you think about all the remixes of your songs being released?

It depends on what kind of audience is being entertained. Remixes are basically for pubs and clubs. The remix of "Woh Lamhey" was just wonderful. The other day when I was in India, I was traveling with John and Bipasha. John told me that whenever the two of them were together they used to listen to my song. That feeling was good. Sometimes remixes don't turn out very well. I personally didn't like the remix of "Aadat" in Kalyug.

What about Lollywood?

Well, it depends on the movie. If it's good then I might give it a try. For right now, I'm not doing anything in Lollywood.

You're considered a style icon. What do you say to that?

Personally, I don't think of myself as a style icon. It's basically because the public loves me so much. It's God's blessing and their loyal support that I am where I am today.

No other artist has been nominated for a style award. Now three of my songs have been taken for a Hollywood movie. It's an amazing feeling when I think of myself being able to take Pakistan to this level.

Tell us something about your upcoming music video.

My new video will come out soon. It's going to be a surprise for every one. Bilal, a friend of mine from California, is going to direct it.

Do you plan to sing any patriotic number in the near future?

Well, only a year and a half has passed since I released my album. I can't force myself to make up a song. Music comes to me naturally. I will definitely come out with one, when I feel like it.

What do you enjoy doing the most?

I think have my own style; no one has ever tried playback singing before. I might release a punk rock song that perhaps other won't appreciate, but I like doing my own thing. I make music for my own satisfaction, not for money or fame.

In a recent interview with Ali Azmat, he mentioned forming a Music Artist Association. What do you think about that? Do you think it will work?

Well, I have no idea about that. I think it's a flop idea. They won't be able to do it. These people will be sitting and deciding things for themselves. It might work if they are well-managed n disciplined, otherwise not.

How much have you struggled to reach this stage of your career?

I think I didn't have to struggle at all. My luck has always been with me. God is with me. So, it really wasn't hard at all. Well, I've only released a single album so far. I have a long way to go. Like I mentioned earlier, I do music for my own satisfaction. The day I'm satisfied with myself, I'll quit music.

Where do you see Atif Aslam in the next five to ten years?

Well, I will still be the same Atif Aslam. I don't think it matters if am a big star or not. I'll probably be working somewhere.

The media in Pakistan is growing. Is there anything that the Indian media has that the Pakistani media lacks?

Actually, Pakistan has come up with good television channels. This is basically needed because there are so many artists in our country. The Pakistani pop industry is growing day by day. People are learning more about music and are becoming more professional about it. The idea that music is not allowed in Islam has been fading and so people are keener to expose and spread it.The only thing that Pakistani media lacks is the hype that the Indian media creates for any artist.

Do you think that a mainstream artist should help an upcoming artist?

Yes, definitely. I would love to create some sort of organization to help out upcoming artist. However, Pakistani people have a different way of thinking. If I come with such an organization, others might think, "Pata nahee kya samajh ta hai apnay app ko". I hope I'll be able to do something like that one day.

Who is your favourite new comer to the music industry?

Honestly speaking, every other person is talented. There is this band called "Siege". They are really working hard their music is awesome. You still have to keep your fingers crossed until your album is released. You don't get instant fame by making one hit song. So, let's wait and see.

As a critic, what do you think of Jal?

Well, I personally think they are a good band. They have released a good album, except for four songs. I don't think Farhan should have sung Aadat. It would have been better if he had proved his talent by coming up with a new and original song. It was quite funny when I saw them on T.V. the other day. Farhan was asked why the band was called "Jal". Farhan claimed that he had suggested the name. The truth is that the band was named when Gohar and I made Aadat about 2-3 years back. I thought that was quite funny, because Farhan forgot that he was HIRED to sing. He wasn't the one who created the band.

When I went to India with my song "Woh Lamhey", I received a lot of appraisal. Not only from Mukesh Bhatt and Mahesh Bhatt, also from many other influential people. When my song became a hit in India, then they started protesting, about 5 to 6 months later, that "Woh Lamhey" belonged to them. They were basically cashing in on the name. I don't have such a mentality, but they really should get over it. Come on guys, please move on and come up with something new.

Besides that, I have no other criticism for them, their music is great and I wish them best of luck.

Islam teaches us equality. What are your views?

Through my eyes, everyone is the same for me. I don't think of anyone as rich or poor. If a person considers himself rich then money is everything to him. He has his own worries about the world and this man probably never gets a relaxed sleep. On the other hand when we consider a poor person, he has no worries like that about this materialistic world. His life is perfect and he can even have a relaxing sleep at the side of the road.

Islam not only teaches us equality but humanity. It's our duty to help others in need. Every human being has the right to live a peaceful life.I think we should encourage and educate our people about humanity and teach them how to be fair to others.

As a pop artist, how do you think you can change the society?

Well, as a pop artist, I think it is my duty to be available 24/7 for all the people, not only for my fans. You shouldn't treat me as a pop icon because I am a normal human being and it is my duty to help every one in need. I can help by sending messages to my fans to become better citizens and human beings.

Pakistan is a big country and we have to work together. Some artists have proud attitudes and they don't work with others for the welfare of the country. I believe we have to collaborate work towards people as a force. We should try to create awareness among people. We should educate them. For instance, Shehzad Roy is doing a great job. Other singers and bands should take inspiration from those who try to help others. Such acts of kindness and charity really make a difference in today's society.

Tell us something about your family?

Well, we're four brothers and I have no sister. All us brothers are very artistic while our parents are not. I'm the youngest son. My brother's have helped me a lot with my career.

What are your plans about marriage?

I have 2 kids (laugh). Just kidding! No, I don't plan to marry anytime soon. I have to concentrate on my career. That is, unless my parents force me to get married. I believe in friendship, I don't believe in love.

Any message to your fans!

Keep rocking…enjoy every bit of your life. Keep growing…never get disappointed. Highs and lows are a part of life. Keep trying to achieve your goals in life.

wini thumbnail

Ali Zafar - Valentines Interview
By Ahmed Hayat

What does love mean to you?
Source of life.😳

Have you ever fallen in love?
Of course 😭

Have you ever been heartbroken?
More than once πŸ˜›

A man can truly love more than one woman at the same time. True or False?
Hmm ... abstractly true.πŸ˜ƒ

Are you in a relationship at the moment?
There are rumours of me being engaged. I'm not! πŸ˜ƒ

Any plans of getting married? Who or what is your ideal woman?
No marriage for a couple of years for me and ideal woman is someone who makes me an ideal person.πŸ˜‰

Who was your first crush?
She's married and has a kid now, who is not mine.πŸ˜› (Smiles)

In a battle between your head and heart who's more likely to win?
Well my heart says 'mind' and my mind's always telling me 'heart'.

Are you an emotional guy? Who or what do you cling to for sanity?
Yes I am. God, my parents, Grandparents, nice good people in my life. For sanity, I like to play and be with children.

What is perfect bliss for you?
Good music and food.

Sum yourself up in Three Words!
I AM ME!

From modelling to acting, from acting to singing, from singing to video directing, out of these which was your best experience and why? And, what's next?
Singing is the best so far, acting in films plus more singing is in the pipeline for me.

How important is singing to you and why?
As important as talking. πŸ˜ƒ

Is Ali Zafar just as inspired by film music of the Subcontinent in his upcoming album as the first one? How different is it from thedebut album?
How can I not be inspired by my surroundings? I was born in the
Subcontinent, not with Black Sabbath next door. Next album is different in a similar way.

Who do you directly compete with in the music industry?
Myself.

What is the next video, who is directing it & what will be the concept?
No idea. πŸ˜•

What are the worst rumours you have ever heard about yourself?
That I'm Gay. πŸ˜†

Sex, Drugs & Rock n' Roll is a part & parcel of Stardom. True or False?
If you want to be done and dead by 30 then sure.

What song are you so fond of that you'd rather rewind and listen to it again and again?
Hazaar rahein.

Michael Jackson or Roger Waters?
Michael Jackson with people. Roger Waters when alone.

Who's your favourite stylist?
Are you expecting me not to be diplomatic?

Is Tariq Amin your publicist, mentor or just a good friend?
Friend. He's everybody's publicist, mentor.

Rate yourself as a singer on a scale of 1 to 10.
0.10 πŸ˜›

It's common knowledge that you are greatly inspired by and imitate Kishor Kumar's singing. Do you have offers from Bollywood for playback singing or acting in films? If yes, tell us about them.
Yes I was offered playback for a movie but music sounded no good to me so didn't sing. Same goes with movies. Will do if something good comes up.

What are your tour plans for the year 2006?
Contact Haroon for that (smiles).

Are you also going to come up with an NGO or a Charity Organization like our other singer friends? And are you a natural born Philanthropist and a Good Samaritan? Tell us about any altruistic projects you've undertaken.
I don't have a good vocabulary or English. No N.G.O for now.

Are you going to use your stardom and popularity to bring about a positive change in the society or the socio-political standing of
Pakistan internationally?

Will try, let's see. πŸ‘

Any regrets for things you have or have not done in life?
Wish I could continue my cricket and join the Pakistan cricket team. πŸ‘πŸΌ

Any message for your Fans on this Valentine's Day?
LOVE!
❀️

wini thumbnail

Q&A with ZQ
By Ahmed Hayat - ([email protected])

ZQ is one of the most talented female stars of our country. She is a top model a talented actress and needs no introduction. She was crowned the 'Best Model of the year 2004'in Lux Style Awards and recently won the "Most Stylish TV Actress Award'in Indus Style Awards 2006. Read on to get to know about ZQ's point of view on career, marriage, politics and more.

Tell us about you're your background and your journey into the modeling world?

My family comes from Kohat and I was born in Karachi . I did my O levels in Karachi and then moved to Lahore to do my B.A. and M.A.

I taught at 'Grammer school' for a year before joining Libas as an assistant editor. I worked there for two years and did my masters again for another two years. I have been modeling for the past fourteen years.

Modeling has been your major career. Are you going to continue it for long?

I am very happy that the new crop of models is coming up and soon they are going to take our place. Until that transition takes place I think I have another year to go. I am concentrating more on my plays these days.

Talking about the current Pakistani modeling scene, why don't we get to see many new faces compared to India .

First of all compare the population of India and Pakistan and their provinces and states. It is a bigger country than Pakistan . Models in India are coming from everywhere from Madras and Bengal . They have got the two Miss Universe and Miss World from Bengal. India has so many regions.

In Pakistan you can forget the province of NWFP and Balochistan, these are tribal areas and have feudal families who do not let their girls model for whatever reason. The girls that do model are from Punjab or Sindh. It is still not easy for girls to take up modeling, in these provinces, as a profession. People put you down with comments like 'no one is going to marry you, you will have no reputation and all, etc'. Things have changed considerably though.

But why is it so in our culture?

Our culture does not allow modeling. We have been able to put the Pakistani fashion scene on the world map with great difficulty and thanks to the support of General Pervez Musharraf. We are given more permission nowadsys. There were many restraints earlier.

There are so many preconceived notion and stereotypical images about modeling; it is very hard to shatter these. I am referring to the general public as well as members of highly educated families. They would rather have their daughters become rocket scientists and dentists than models.

Even I agree that modeling is not a full time profession; one has to complete their education. A fall back is necessary as in modeling the fun only lasts for five to six years. This is my fourteenth year but you cannot drag it longer than this. The essence of modeling is constant change.

Will you ever encourage your daughter to become a model?

Being a 21 st century woman, I will ingrain proper values in my daughter and make sure she does not let her education suffer. If she wants to become a pilot I will let her do it. I will let her do anything.

I think this is where parents go wrong. My mother gave me full permission knowing that she had taught me everything about right and wrong. If you have given your kids good training and taught them the right values, there should be no issues.

There is nothing wrong in modeling. If I had seen something wrong with modeling I would have quit before asking my daughter to quit.

Do you see Pakistan taking part in Miss Universe and Miss World competitions in the next 5-10 years?

We cannot unless they respect our values, we cannot go through the swimsuit round. Anita Ayub did try but it just doesn't work that way. It is not in our culture. It cannot happen.

We do have beautiful women. Even the Indians themselves say it. There have been so many Indian actors and directors who come here and they all say that Pakistani women are gorgeous even without makeup.

Does religion hinder?

Of course! And I don't think we should bring religion into this because there is going to be a never-ending debate.

I think if ones conscious is clear it is fine, I know my conscious is clear. I know I am not flaunting my body I am basically modeling the clothes. It depends on the audience whether they come to see my body or my clothes. It is all about intentions.πŸ‘

Who is your favorite Pakistani designer? Whose clothes would you like to wear for your wedding?

I have worked with everyone in this industry, the established ones as well as the newcomers. I would really like to get married in just my jeans and T-shirt. I think I have become a bride more than 3000 times.

When do you plan to marry?

'I think Abhishek, John Abraham and Brad Pitt are busy right now.' πŸ˜†

It is not about when I want to get married. Whenever it is destined to be, it will be. Probably when I meet the right guy. When kuch kuch hoga tou hojaye ga!

You advised Zhalay to turn to modeling instead of acting. Why?

No particular reason. I met Zhalay at the set of Marina Khan's 'Dhoop'which she did for ARY. As she is tall and has got a good figure, I suggested to her that she should try modeling. I just thought that along with acting she can take up modeling.

Which one do you prefer to do acting/ compereing or modeling?

When I am hosting it is very hundred percent me. I am not putting much of an effort. I love talking; I love to talk whether it is my friend or mom. Compereing doesn't work for me.

I have been modeling for such a long time the clothes change, the ramp changes, the choreography changes but basically you are just walking. It is all very natural.

Acting is very challenging and I love it. Every time it is like a different character and you have to internalize it. Kill your personality and actually transform into the person you are playing.

I am not complaining but since my life is so smooth and boring that being a part of these stormy relationships and love triangles is very exciting.

Tell us about your upcoming projects?

I have just finished 'Kabhi na kabhi'for ARY which I did with Indian superstars (ones from Star plus) there are Tina Tariq and Shubha Mudghal in it. Riyasat is on air.

I have got two projects with Avenue. One is called 'Thora thora pyar'where I am staring with Mohammad Rana and one is with Jibran. These will be aired on Hum.

What do you think about all the joint ventures happening between India and Pakistani stars these days?

As long as it is equal there are no issues.

My best wishes are with Meera to do what she wants to do. I really like people like Reema and Zeba Bakhtiar. You know Reema has not acted but Zeba Bakhtiar did. The amount of respect they got is amazing. It is all about being graceful and dignified because you are representing your country.

If an actor is going to be desperate and give me any role type then no way! And it should not be like that one country should be one up on the other. It should be equal representation from both the sides.

If you get an offer from India in the near future, would you be doing it?

I would love to do an Indian film but they have to think that I am really good enough. I would like to do it with big banners like Karan Johar, Yash Chopra and Sanjay Leela Bhansali but they have to keep in mind that I won't do any anti Pakistani movies.

I do not like to wear mini and I will not kiss- there are so many limitations. If anyone has a really fabulous and mind blowing idea and keeps my limitations in mind I might do it. At the end of the day I am representing my country being a very patriotic, I will not try to tarnish its reputation in any way. πŸ‘

So any plans to get into Lollywood and promote your country.πŸ˜†

You know the current state of Lollywood. Unfortunately ... You see we are in charge of the modeling industry and for the past 14 years we have come a long way, we have struggled; we have helped develop it.

It is up to the Lollywood stars to develop their industry. Now I am working for TV, the silver screen Lollywood has to take care of Lollywood. They could make it good enough for us to join it.

Why don't you work with new directors?

New directors would like to work with old actresses because it is all about commercialism and making money. They themselves are new and on top of that if they take new actresses and actors to 'phir sab hi doobay gay' (everyone will drown). They also want an anchor for their ventures therefore they prefer the old crowd.

It is really sad that Pakistan just has five male and five female stars and sometimes the heroines look like the elder sisters of heroes. I won't take names but you go and watch a couple of movies and you will understand what I mean.

In a recent interview with Tariq Amin he said that a model should be 18 and not 36 and wrinkled. What is your comment on this?

Who said that? Tariq said that.

Well I am 31 years old and I am very proud of it. I won't say that I am fifteen. I don't think we need to hide our age. We look good and people are hiring us.

Multinationals are taking us and I am glad to be a brand ambassador for Mobilink. If Mobilink thought I was old why would they take me? It is also about popularity, right. If you are popular and look good so you will sell, otherwise masses would reject you. And no one will take you.

I am talking about premium level work. So you could be 18 and total paindoo and have no personality. What is the point? By the time they polish you are already fifty. If we are not going strong then how come it is only the oldies that are being approached?

Don't you think that Pakistan should have modeling institutes and other similar institutes?

Don't you think Pakistan should first worry about educating the masses? These are superficial little things. Educate the masses and we will see a progressive change in Pakistani life.

You seem to be a very patriotic person, any plans to join any NGOs.

I am a member of several NGOs.

The only difference is that I am not going to flaunt about it in the press because it is my thing.πŸ‘ It is my conscious, if I can give back to my society which is giving me so much. I am lucky enough to have a name in this country but I think everyone should payback to society.

In fact my biggest dream is to do something really amazing for Pakistan and to have the highest civilian award that is 'Sitare Imtiaz'. I have got the Lux Style Award for best model and I have got the Indus most stylish actress award. The 'Sitare Imtiaz'would be the ultimate award I would ever get.

We have seen you in couple of music videos but mainly Jawad Bashir's videos. Why is that so?

I think it was a long time ago. Yes I did around eleven or twelve videos. Jawad Bashir is a very good friend.

How come you haven't asked that I have done over 4500 shoots with Ather Shahzad. It's the same thing, that you do 25 videos with one directors or whether you do maximum shoots with one photographer.

We are very professional, we work with males and the sad thing is that there is a big controversy that Jawad and I were having an affair. This was very funny. In the beginning it was funny and later it became irritating.

People expect that in the fashion and music industry every pop star, actor and director is vulgar. The models are desperate and have no reputation. When within the industry the such rumors come up it is pathetic.

There was a scene with Ali Haider and some model and so there are these controversies.

That is something totally different and it happened later. I worked with Jawad Bashir because I was going to do a serial and was free for two months. Jawad said he has these videos and wanted me to shoot for them. I agreed. I can do 59 videos with the same director if I want to. How come no one asked strings that why they are only hiring Jami as a director?πŸ‘

I was coming to the photographer part of the question ...

The reason to my success and the reason that Vinnie, Iraj, Tanya Shafi (we are dinosaurs naπŸ˜†) have made it for such a long time is because we have worked with everyone; freelanced with everyone so no one can complain 'why she doesn't work with me?'

It just happened the Ather Shahzad are in Lahore . I have also worked with Pappu, Rizwan Beyg and Rizwan Ul Haq.

Your ambition as a model?

It is over. I have done it. I have got the highest award that is Lux. I have moved on.

I have ventured into acting and if you ask me of my future plans it is acting. In modeling you just get your project and do them. I have been doing it for 15 years now.

So you have no plans of entering into the International Model Scene?

We have been to KL fashion week. Vinnie and I were selected from Pakistan . The oldest model there was seventeen. They have no set rules. There are many short models. In fact when Indian models come here, the only reason we survive is because of our heights.

Kate Moss is short.

Kate Moss is a different class of model and then there is Giselle. Giselle is gorgeous and if you go to her country there are a thousand Giselle's like her. Just because she is in America and exotic she is very popular. But every Brazilian maasi (old lady) looks just as good; I am being very serious here.

On the other hand when you see Indian movies and Indian models you say 'wow'.

Go to Bombay and you will see there is so much poverty there that I did not want to step out of JW Marriot.

We were thinking Sharukh Khan, palace and falana khan but when you are looking up these flats. Oh my god I would die if I lived there. Our quality of life over here is way better. MashaAllah. We have been told the same by the Indian models.

Talking about the political scene in Pakistan what are your views about it.

I think General Pervez Musharraf is doing a great job. I really hope InshaAllah; he should last for another 45 years at least. I feel safe in this country when he is the head. I think this is important for a ruler to make you feel like this. I just feel good. He is a brilliant politician, a great general and a great leader. I wouldn't want anyone else.

On the closing note what would you like to advice the upcoming models and actresses of Pakistan .

Don't loose your head if you have to the opportunity and if you are lucky to get some importance.

Work hard, there are no short cuts to get to the peak of success. Just work very hard and whatever you are meant to get you will but do not forget who you are. Don't loose yourself.

At the end of the day, the lights go off, everyone goes home, the makeup is taken off your face and that's the real you. Don't ever loose that person!πŸ‘ πŸ‘πŸ‘