Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

brainychild92 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago

its like the mehndi/sangeet ceremony, which according to my grandparents is not important as it is an hindu/indian function and has nothing to do with islam, but when has that ever stopped anyone..lol

traditionally the girl would be sat down and put mehndi/henna on her hands/feet and she would be put there for days, marking the beginning of her wedding. In these days, she was not to do any work and there would be a bunch of band baaja around her.

Nowadays, she's either in school or working or does not have vele friends and relatives so its a bit different. For my cousin's Mayoon, it was the night before her mehndi and we all put mehndi at 11pm and sang/danced before then. Then we woke up around 10-11A for her 1p appointment and did not see her till 8-9pm at the actual mehndi function..but this pakistani wedding was also in the states, so I don't know how different it is in different countries with different cultures.
Hifah thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: ridaanur

WOW , looks like writer has REALLYenjoyedwatching the epi😆😆

🤪 thoroughly enjoyed 😳 so true.shez right
clockworknerd thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Maya stole the episode. Hands down! Osman was no less btw. 😛

WHAT A SHOWDOWN! I simply loved every bit of it. Itna sukoon mila when Faraah gave everyone a share of her anger and outburst. The frustration, betrayal, bezaari on her face spoke volumes. The girl was bearing four years of emotional blackmailing. It was high time for her to react and release all what was inside her. She was so damn right when she said that if Agha Jaan was using her to defeat Ruhi, Ruhi was doing nothing different. Both the sides were pulling her to believe them. Bhae, ek chalti phirti larki hai woh.. not some tool to be used by everyone for their own benefits. Aaah, loved it! Faraah finally spoke up. When she went again the demand of property, she was indeed showing how she's Behroze's daughter. Behroze too was like this: outspoken, saaf gou (frank), ana parast, badtameez and zaban daraaz (but only when he had to stand up to something that went against his dignity and ana). I'm so glad they showed how Faraah is her dad's carbon copy in terms of nature and behaviour. My sister and I were busy clapping when she told Tajammul and Zohra to leave. You go, girl! I love her guts. Der aye durust aye. She, no doubt, took a lot of time in speaking up and she knows that. Lekin jab bola tou dil bhar ke badtameezi aur zaban daraazi dikhayi.😆 I absolutely love it when bad people are given what they deserve. I'm so going to do a happy dance the day Ruhi goes sharam se pani paani, asks for apologies from Agha Jaan, and doesn't have the strength to face her own daughter. She's just foolish and nadaan.. a woman who has believed her greedy brother blindly.

I was jumping up and down when Faraah told Zohra to shut up and not speak against her marhoom baap. Ruhi is such a jerk! It was because of the khulli chutti she gave her bhai and bhabi that they were badmouthing Behroze. Khuda ka wasta hai, he is dead. Ab tou usko chor dou. And Zohra actually felt being insulted because the way she said, 'Ab main uski larki se apni beizzati nahin karaun gi' was definitely worth enjoying. Hell! Ruhi left her daughter on her own for more than a week. Yeh tou Wali came there and took her away warna she would have stayed like this in her house all alone for probably more than a month. I hope Ruhi has a good stay in Karachi and doesn't bother us. Why is she in the precap? -.- I barely have the strength to bear her anymore. Rahay na apni chaheeti Erum ke paas. 😡

Looks like Agha Jaan is preparing to join his sons up there. xD Jk, but the heart attack really shows how he couldn't bear the news of divorce. I personally think that AJ was more hurt because Faraah demanding divorce and property means only one thing to him: that he would be separated from his deceased son's family. All he wants is to see Faraah near him, loving him back like he loves her, believe his undying love for her. Because Faraah is Behroze ki aakhri nishaani for him.. and the man already had to go through so much when Behroze and he parted ways and let their ego overcome their love. He got Behroze back when he lost his other son and that too lasted for just a few weeks. Absolutely loved his soliloquy.. the pain and hurt. Abid Ali is beyond perfection.

Can I just say the instant Wali rushed out after hearing AJ's self talk was too filmy? The batti jal gayi moment when he stared up with rage and a plan in his eyes was epic, though 😆 My dad jokingly asked me if Wali would ride a horse and go to Lahore. I told him how he can he go to Lahore from Peshawar on horse bu then that background music and heroic anger was so filmy, I wouldn't have been surprised if they'd shown Wali riding a horse and reaching Lahore 🤣

I know Wali's justified in pulling Faraah downstairs and taking her away without any second thoughts.. well because Agha Jaan means the world to him. His love for Agha Jaan is so selfless that he didn't care about his own perception.. His perception is 'Jin se mohabbat ki jaye unke saath zabardasti nahin ki jati'. Yep, he claims that he doesn't love Faraah anymore but he doesn't even know the real Faraah yet. It's his own opinion of her on the basis of which he decides to love or hate her. And then Wali is not someone who would do something that is beneath his gairat, dignity, waqaar. But see, the love he has for AJ drove him so mad and made him so furious that he kept aside all his own set of rules and did something he had not even thought of. To give the old man peace in his last couple of months of life and death, he decided to do this. I didn't really mind Wali dragging Faraah downstairs or his threats but that bit where Faraah fell on her back was a bit too much. The scene shouldn't have been so extreme. No no! I'm not some woman rights champion and when it comes to dramas, the sole purpose is entertainment so I don't mind it when characters do something something wrong. Mujhe tou story aur actors se matlab 😆 But still dik why i felt it was extreme to show Faraah falling like this. Nonetheless, I enjoyed it 🤣 'Mujhe tumhe har haal mein lekar jana hai, zinda, murda ya apahij' 👏 I enjoy this evilness and such threats LOL.

The only person who deserves more sympathy than Agha Jaan in the show is Razia. 🤣 Pehle tou Faraah kept shouting at the maid when all she was trying to do was help. Faraah literally screamed at her twice. And then Wali, he tou just pushed her aside. But the poor woman is so loyal to Faraah.. she called Tajammul for help. 😆

Precap: Ermm am I the only one who actually feels like it's a bit over the top? Again, this is not the human rights champion thingy in me speaking. But I just feel that it was better in the novel where Wali deals with the issue very seriously, farsightedness, maturely. It just feels like some exaggeration to show more drama which Farhat excels at. I mean Wali could have taken her to the haunted house and spoke to her (he told her he wants to talk about something, remember?). But locking her up and Faraah trying to escape from the little window is too much.. the drama is being dragged unnecessarily. Khair, I'm going to wait for the episode to say anything more.

P.S. A Moeez free episode.

Edited by -ZaYalicious- - 9 years ago
26javey thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
WaFa - Ep21 part 1

26javey thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
WaFa - Ep21 part 2

lovefk thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I get what you're trying to say the haunted house bit and everything but frankly I don't care as long as I'm getting Wali faraa scenes free of everyone I don't mind the show being dragged at all I'm all for it then
clockworknerd thumbnail
Btw, I'm not against Wali at all. He's my jaan. <3 I'm just not satisfied with the shot of Faraah falling on her back like that. And what's up with people hating Wali for just one incident? We all saw how Wali reacted in these four years.. he was calm, collective, cool, mature, friendly, polite. He was always the one to reach Faraah first and give their relationship and her some time. This time it was the situation that made him do so. I don't get this people judging his personality just by one scene Besides, he did say to Faraah that he wanted to talk to her. But she didn't even listen to him. She reacted quite irrationally. It was the spur of the moment.. and do we honestly think that if Wali would have told Faraah that AJ is extremely ill and wants to see her, Faraah would have believed him? I think no! She's still under some absolute misconceptions and this time it is coupled with depression, betrayal, anger, pain. Both of them were having their own share of problems and somebody had to react. And it was Wali because he was the one who wanted to take her to Agha Jaan. Kisi na kisi tarhan he had to take her to AJ and since she wasn't ready to listen to what he had to say, he resorted to zabardasti.
He's justified in doing what he did. Bas! 😆
Edited by -ZaYalicious- - 9 years ago
clockworknerd thumbnail
The biggest loopholes in this DeD is they keep calling the city Peshawar when it's clear that they have shot the serial in more northern parts. Also, they have shot Ruhi/Faraah/Behroze scenes in Karachi and call it Lahore. 😆 Hum inko bewaqoof nazar atey hain? 😆😆
clockworknerd thumbnail
It looks like I'm again talking to myself here. :/
sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Zaya! Wonderful review! thoroughly enjoyed it and agreed to every single bit of it! The Farah falling on floor and Wali dragging her up could've been avoided and those few seconds are the most unsettling for me. Had not been for them, the episode would've been PERFECT!

Though I am confused and curious as to how FI will take the story from here? While the core is the same, it's very clear that the route to the end has changed. Which makes it for a very interesting watch because the audience are glued to the story with the constant, "What's gonna happen now?!" thoughts and that only works in favor of the drama..