Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

664269 thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
@grey- yes I'm from bangladesh but I staying here for last three years only .. I'm actually more from Saudi Arabia as was brought up there , so my whole idea was based on people around me ..

You know in my university and even nearby I never saw people knowing other pak artists apart from fawad and Atif and I could be wrong too as you have a different idea. Bit yeah as you said fawad is the most popular and people even know rahat fatey Ali khan infact he's very famous . I was shocked when my Father had idea about some Pakistani actress called salma Agha but otherwise people are alienated to pak industry more or less .

And I would slightly disagree that fawad is know. For khoobsurat only . Infact in Dhaka if you go to schools and universities the population has a hangover of ZGH and Humsafar . Infact there were 12 of us in a group who sat through the whole night and watched ZGH which ofcourse was before khoobsurat . But yes khoobsurat him more popular and even I know my guy friends who know him since khuda ke liye and mock us ( girls) to appreciate him only for romantic roles ..

Glad to know that you r from bd and even our fellow bangladeshian Mugda is obsessed with fawad .. Lol

Lastly I replied to you in this tone because you were not offensive and show me a post where I mentioned that she didn't achieve anything ? I never did that but others do the same about fawad and mahira here not like I care but the situation became ugly when Starstruck herself made an opinion that I was criticizing baloch without seeing her work which is not the case ..
MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Critical Connoisseurs

shanaya - yess adnan is the same one😳
sundas - maybeπŸ˜†πŸ€”

++++++

@grey..I appreciate and like reading ur views in general honestly..coz IMO u have always come up with decent arguments and opinions..😊

seriously -there are many manyyy good actors in Pakistani Tv scene, and such an overflowing level of talent not only in lead roles but also supporting roles..I duno if, u guys have seen the appreciation for actors playing supporting roles thread that was made on zindagi forum..but our life does not begin and end on fawad alone..so the whole "oh zindagi forum people" just has become a ZGH forum is a wrong wrong notion..yes ZGH was, is and will always be a special show for a lot of us, because it introduced many of us to pakistani shows..and what is wrong with that?

now coming to the whole saga about sanam baloch..she is a strong performer in intense and emotional scenes, but is it an offense to say that she isnt as effective in bubbly roles or that she did go OTT in dastaan in first 10 odd epis..even fawad did have his bits of going OTT there, TBH I enjoyed dastaan more from episode 15 onwards? maybe its the director's vision that there should be more dramatic level of performance in the romantic scenes of hassan-bano, but as viewers some felt that way..but it all started from there..how dare anyone say anything at all against a particular actress..

and then the fight did not stop in zindagi forum, but came over to PSF with the "nobody misses fawad" thread..what are we school girls? whining, complaining to the forum waasis here about whats happening in zindagi forum? cross forum fighting, whatever happened to "jodey dilon ko god knows"..and puhleassee...cut the crap about "oh it was just an objective discussion" thread, when everybody knows, it was started post the kaand on dastaan DTπŸ₯± where the TM just wanted to prove to Zindagi forum members that nobody cares about fawad on PSFπŸ₯±πŸ₯±πŸ₯±..and comeon mahn, claim urself to be a mature viewer and calling others "hormonal"?? is that fair either?

this is how it got ugly and now its derailed forever..

talking of underrated, there are many manyy actors who deserve as much credit..I love sania saeed to bits, she is what is "versatile" for me personally..but where is she appreciated on this forum? she killed it in mehrunissa show, she was fabulous in khamoshiyan with nouman saab and faisal rehman and a negative role in aseerzadi, and a silent victim of feudal customs in numm..

as someone rightly said, everyone has their own favourites, so where is the respect for mahira either here? every thread, whether it relates to her or not..she is brought into and bashed, why becoz some people think she is the worst actress ever..? let and let live..simple as that..for me, she has only improved with every passing show and tried hand at different characters, from khirad to falak to shano and now saba and her role in HMJ is different as well, even mehreen jabbar wrote in this very Q&A session that amongst others, she would be excited to work with and direct mahira again..but here she is a laughing stock, uski toh acting ki nilaami hoti hai roz, by some, who raise voice against sanam baloch bashing.. woh karey toh constructive criticism, hum karey toh bashing? waah bhai..badey hi biaised views haiπŸ₯±

Edited by Hiral_Halwa - 9 years ago
khamosshhh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: grey23

sorry little off topic...i see these things this way that my sister thinks sanam saeed is the best actress of Pak dramas because of zindegi gulzer hai and i feel sanam balooch is the best actress of Pakistani drama because of dastan ,des,daam...so always she comes up with 100s of reasons why sanam saeed is best and i also come up with 100s of reasons why sanam balooch is best...so there is always differences of perception...but what i feel upsetting is to prove ones fav right is it really necessary to demean other?

no hard feelings...😊

Hehehe Ditto. We r 3 sisters and my fav is Sanam S and my one sister fav is Mahira nd the other's is Sanam B.πŸ˜† The only thing is I stay in a different city from them, so I don't get the chance to let them know Y Sanam S is the best and convert them.πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Just kidding...my belief is to each his/ her own, and I can praise my fav to no end, but I can't bring down others unnecessarily to show my fav as the best.😳
.FemmeFatale. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Guys this is going nowhwere. Everyone can just agree to disagree and move on with this.
Its a put off if everyone is arguing all the time. Dont feel like coming to the forum at all.

Everyone has different taste,so that doesnt mean one is good and the other is bad. Lets just accept that and move on.

Im kind of confused all the time as to what the argument is about

Its a request to everyone

khamosshhh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Bubbly_Shanaya

@Hiroo, Adnan Jaffrey is the actor who played Zara's father in Aunn Zara? And Minah's Psychiatrist in Kadoorat Right? Btw George Clooney is one of my favourite classic actors frm HW! 😳 And Adnan is a good actor! I liked him in both shows. I havent watched Marina Khan's shows but wud give it a try..😊 Adeel toh was.. *Sigh* J! ☺️

Shanaya watch Dhoop Kinare asap...dat's another drama other than ZGH tht I watch in a loop. U'lll love it and it's just 13 epis...I think.πŸ˜•
sillage. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: khamosshhh

Shanaya watch Dhoop Kinare asap...dat's another drama other than ZGH tht I watch in a loop. U'lll love it and it's just 13 epis...I think.πŸ˜•

I'm watching it Khams(credit to u and Hiral for making me watch).Its such a feel good show.😳The dialogues are awesome!πŸ‘
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: -Crescendo-

I'm watching it Khams(credit to u and Hiral for making me watch).Its such a feel good show.😳The dialogues are awesome!πŸ‘

Dhoop Kinare as in the old show? It was the one on doctors, right?

Another highly recommended old show is Ankahi. The best I have seen...the show has stayed with me across my growing up years.
sillage. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Hajmola.

Dhoop Kinare as in the old show? It was the one on doctors, right?

Another highly recommended old show is Ankahi. The best I have seen...the show has stayed with me across my growing up years.

Yessshh!

Oh,you are increasing my list again.Whenever I think I would be done something else crops up?Whats this show about?
TheRager thumbnail

Originally posted by: starstruckk

Sanam Baloch was offered Bin Roye along with Fawad. This is something certain Mahira fans love to deny for some odd reason. Humtv's official facebook page (the verified one)..had Sanam Baloch, Fawad and Mahira's pictures in one poster up as their cover photo right when they announced that Bin Roye is going to turn into a movie..only to remove it in a short span of time because some of their desired cast members denied the film.

If you read the article you posted PROPERLY Sanam B was replaced by Armeena Rana Khan and not Mahira Khan. Mahira was given the lead role and she retained it. Sanam B was given the SUPPORTING role. Humayun replaced Fawad which was the male lead. Here is the exact quote:
"Initially Fawad Khan and Sanam Baloch were approached for the movie but later Humayun Saeed and Armeena Rana Khan were taken aboard."
TheRager thumbnail
And W*F is this listing out Haissam Hussain, Sultana Siddiqui, Mikaal, Fawad, Fahad, Adeel etc etc as praising Sanam B. While leaving out my original question - Why isnt Mehreen praising Sanam B? She didnt forget to leave out Sanam's costars from the same shows she directed Sanam in like Humayun Saeed, Sonia Rehman, Aamina Sheikh, Adeel Husain. Heck! She even listed Sanam S whom she gave supporting roles.
And what is the explaination that Sanam B was casted so she must be loved. Then go on and list all the roles Sanam B rejected. Casting is a factor of many factors like pulling strings, availablity apart from suitability, sheer talent and looks. Who knows what went into casting? But this interview she is looking back and listing down whom all she loved working with...WITHOUT any pulling strings and other factors coming into play. As usual try and behave as a know it all without answering the main question.