NO Script changes in SHHUDDHI- Karan Malhotra

VirginiaPlath thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago

No changes in Shhuddhi, clarifies Karan Malhotra

Karan Malhotra clarifies that the Shuddhi script is not being altered
Karan Malhotra's Shuddhi has been through many changes even before the film went on floors. First it was to star Hrithik Roshan and Kareena Kapoor. Then Salman stepped in and then out as well. Now Karan Johar has cast his Student Of The Year protgs- Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt as the lead pair. Which has sparked off speculations that the script will go in for drastic changes, given this younger pair.

There are also reports of the film's script being changed because of its alleged similarity to Ek Paheli Leela or Maghadheera remake. "Shuddhi is about a warrior prince and is a period drama, set across two centuries. It has the reincarnation angle to it, much like the Sunny Leone-starrer that hit screens this April. Also, Shahid will also be seen essaying an almost identical role in the Magadheera remake," explains a source who added that Karan will go on floors only after a little alteration in the film's plot.

When asked, director Karan Malhotra rubbished all such talk. "People have been talking about Shuddhi for eternity. I am busy with my next film Brothers release hence I can start working on Shuddhi only after my film is released. Plus, it's not new for me. There have been so many stories about the film ever since its announcement." The director who seemed distressed with our call did not talk much about the film as he felt It's too early to do so'. But he did confirm one thing " the film will have no script change. "It's an original script written by me and my wife. That's all I will say," he signed off! Shuddhi is expected to go on floors in August-September this year.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

VirginiaPlath thumbnail
So it might go on floors in Aug-Sept
But when is Shaandar releasing?
AllBlacks1 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Feel sorry for Karan M.. no script change? ok, I blv ur words. Good luck! 
hiddenstar thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
shifting from hr-bebo to the kiddo bunch without any script change...umm ok🤔
swati82 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Shandaar releasing Sept 4. 
If it goes on floors around August where does that leave Dhishoom? As much as i don't want Varun to do it i really don't see him ditching his brother's film
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Shutter_Island

So it might go on floors in Aug-Sept

But when is Shaandar releasing?

I think Shandaar is releasing either middle or end of September.  

As for the article itself, the initial report of script changes were so the story would fit the younger actors Varun and Alia as opposed to Salman who is much older.  It was never supposed to be about originality or similarity with other story ideas.  But since Karan M insists that there will be no script changes then it does beg the question, how is it that both Salman Khan and Varun Dhawan are fit to play this character?  
AllBlacks1 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Forget salman or varun.. what abt HR and Bebo? 
script? daal me kuch kala nahi hai , poori daal hi kali hai. 

VirginiaPlath thumbnail

Originally posted by: swati82

Shandaar releasing Sept 4. 

If it goes on floors around August where does that leave Dhishoom? As much as i don't want Varun to do it i really don't see him ditching his brother's film

Initially Dhishoom was suppose to go on floors in April this year then he delayed it to June for Dilwale and last I heard Dhishoom is again pushed to Oct-Nov ðŸ˜†...I really hope this Shuddhi going on floors in Sept is true..so that VD will remain busy with this and during Oct-Nov he'll be occupied with Dilwale promotions..and tada Dishoom gets shelved hopefully ðŸ˜†
swati82 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shutter_Island

Initially Dhishoom was suppose to go on floors in April this year then he delayed it to June for Dilwale and last I heard Dhishoom is again pushed to Oct-Nov ðŸ˜†...I really hope this Shuddhi going on floors in Sept is true..so that VD will remain busy with this and during Oct-Nov he'll be occupied with Dilwale promotions..and tada Dishoom gets shelved hopefully ðŸ˜†

Hehe i like the way you think. Hope that's exactly how it pans out!
Neela-Paani thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
What a fugly pic of modern Sati eww
poor Varun!