Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ridaanur thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

i found some words about Dasht on a website so posting it here... the serial was FANTATIC ๐Ÿ˜ณ i think it is not available in good quality video

"Frankly, I have seen some truly terrific romantic scenes on Pakistani television. They have been subtle, not necessarily conventional and made some cynics like us root for the couple even if they are doomed. Here is a highly subjective pick of the 13 best romantic scenes from Pakistani dramas.

1. DASHT

Many a real-life romance has been initiated in that underestimated vehicle-thechamakti-dhamakti Pakistani bus. And thus Balaj and Shahtaj's first meeting takes place in that humble vehicle, when Balaj (Noman Ejaz) belonging to the rival tribe asks for a lift as he is stranded in the middle of a desert when his Pajero breaks down. Shahtaj (Atiqa Odho) and her female relatives are enroute to a wedding in the bus and Shahtaj convinces her grandmother to give a lift to Balaj even if he belongs to the rival tribe. With virtually no dialogue between the two, they just exchange quiet smoldering glances, Balaj watching her from the bus's rearview mirror and Shahtaj looking on him from her seat through the curtain. Noman Ejaz looks regal with white turban and his handlebar mustache and Atiqa Odho also is a vision of loveliness attired mostly in Baloch fashion. The chemistry between the two was palpable during the entire serial. Throughout its broadcast, girls went berserk over Noman and guys just couldn't stop gushing over Atiqa. Very similar to the frenzy the lead couple of Humsafar caused recently. The drama which proudly displayed Baloch traditions, was memorable in terms of its dialogues, plot twists, superb acting, cinematography and music"

Edited by ridaanur - 9 years ago
ridaanur thumbnail
OK i recalled one more๐Ÿ˜†
it's "MARVI", the show had inspiration from the Folk Tale of Umer and Marvi and it got overwhelming appreciation by the audience
it has Hassam Qazi (late) he was one of my Favorite actors in Pakistan May Allah rest his soul in Peace (Amin)

WabalMunni thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ridaanur

@ bold: yes CHACHA g of the kids ๐Ÿ˜†
oh yes NTM and STN both provided with cartoons Thundercats, Ninja Turtles, Scooby Dooby, The Mask, and Captain Planet etc ๐Ÿ˜ณ
do you remember Ainak wala Jinn? ๐Ÿ˜› without its mention i feel childhood memories are incomplete ๐Ÿ˜†

Who can forget "Ainak wala jin"... bil batori nasa chauri, Hamoon Jadoogar and zakoota jin ka woh zaibeenaaa!!! mujhey kaam batao main kia karoon main kisko khaoon..uff memories!

Speaking of childhood memories.. how many of these can you relate to https://www.facebook.com/BindasLog/posts/931666380228147?pnref=story. It reminded me of 'Kalian' with uncle sargam, rola and masi museebtay.. and in comments someone has posted a pic of 'Family Front'...that was also one epic show.
WabalMunni thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ridaanur

OK i recalled one more๐Ÿ˜†

it's "MARVI", the show had inspiration from the Folk Tale of Umer and Marvi and it got overwhelming appreciation by the audience
it has Hassam Qazi (late) he was one of my Favorite actors in Pakistan May Allah rest his soul in Peace (Amin)

yup Marvi ..mahnoor baloch's first show and I remember Hassam Qazi..what a handsome man he was and what an actor...may his soul rest in peace. He was from Quetta. PTV Quetta centre has given us such gems.. Jamal Shah and Ayub Khoso.,,such dashing guys and great actors. Dhwan was also the production of Quetta Center.
WabalMunni thumbnail

Originally posted by: khamosshhh

Long time ago I had heard of Parchaiyaan, but since then had completed forgotten abt it. Thanks for the mention. Have added to my long and never ending 'list' of shows to catch.๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜†

Do not forget to post your views once (and if) you get around to watching it. Would love to read your comments especially about parosi.
ridaanur thumbnail

Originally posted by: 0o.Jaan-Jee.o0

Who can forget "Ainak wala jin"... bil batori nasa chauri, Hamoon Jadoogar and zakoota jin ka woh zaibeenaaa!!! mujhey kaam batao main kia karoon main kisko khaoon..uff memories!

Speaking of childhood memories.. how many of these can you relate to https://www.facebook.com/BindasLog/posts/931666380228147?pnref=story. It reminded me of 'Kalian' with uncle sargam, rola and masi museebtay.. and in comments someone has posted a pic of 'Family Front'...that was also one epic show.

oh that hamoon and bil batori ๐Ÿ˜†... tu churail nahi daayen hai meri pyaari behan hai๐Ÿ˜†
oh thank u for sharing the link dear ๐Ÿค— i can relate to almost every thing there๐Ÿ˜ณ
yes dr. yunus butt's writings are always hilarious i loved family front โค๏ธ
ridaanur thumbnail

Originally posted by: 0o.Jaan-Jee.o0

yup Marvi ..mahnoor baloch's first show and I remember Hassam Qazi..what a handsome man he was and what an actor...may his soul rest in peace. He was from Quetta. PTV Quetta centre has given us such gems.. Jamal Shah and Ayub Khoso.,,such dashing guys and great actors. Dhwan was also the production of Quetta Center.

yes Hassam Qazi had that onscreen presence โค๏ธ
@ bold: AGREED ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I'd highly recommend this telefilm, Shanakht. It's only 47 minutes and it's one of my favorite telefilms. Yasir Nawaz at his finest. Yasir was such an amazing actor. One of my favorites from back in the day. Rashid Farooqui and Saleem Mairaj are wonderful as well. It's a touching story. And, the director is Mehreen Jabbar. It also has Humayun, Sania and Nadia Jamil...but Yasir steals the show.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioF8HjBgyKk&list=PLBVqHws09KJNtFmm2n5PASVv7sytWCv0g&index=26[/YOUTUBE]
cimba thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks so much for this lovely short film. Very nice and heart touching.
I looked up dasht. Both lead look so good and it seems interesting.
Edited by cimba - 9 years ago
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: cimba

Thanks so much for this lovely story. Very nice and heart touching

Are you referring to the telefilm, Shanakht?