Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ridaanur thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: 0o.Jaan-Jee.o0

Ohh yes Uroosa.. Adnan was (still is) a handsome dude and dasht was a massive massive hit for NTM in fact many other NTM dramas were also such as Chand Grihan and Kashkol. If I am not wrong then I think Kshkol was Aijaz Aslam's first show.

yes you are right i was just going to mention kashkol 😳
ridaanur thumbnail

Then among the drama series there is highly entertaining "Guest House", which turned Afal Khan in to Rambo Rambo Jaan Rambo.. cockroach killer. His character was so famous that now he is known as Rambo by general public rather than his real name.

oh it was fun to watch πŸ˜† ohhh damn good old days of PTV
WabalMunni thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ridaanur

oh it was fun to watch πŸ˜† ohhh damn good old days of PTV

yeahh so miss those days.. nostalgia! πŸ˜”
ridaanur thumbnail

yeahh so miss those days.. nostalgia! πŸ˜”

i even some times miss that morning show segment of PTV for children at 7 a.m
WabalMunni thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
ohh yes who can forget baba Mustansar Hussain Tarar and that early morning dose of cartoon such as tiny toon adventures, flinstones and the jetsons. We couldn't watch the whole cartoon cause our school van used to come at 7:30.

And then when NTM started If I remember correctly it was 6 PM slot that they used to telecast cartoon series every day such as Thundercats, back then I never remembered the lyrics for the Thundercats song so I used to say "thundercats are aisi cats and thundercats are waisi cats" πŸ˜†. And oh those english series' such as coverup with its I need a herooo!!! ...and The Flash and many more.
khamosshhh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Yup it was a common phenomenon back then to have good intellectually strong literature adaptations for example Shehzori by Azeem Baig Chughtai and many more. Sahira and Rahat were a big part of bringing English literature into this phenomenon. There is another one named "Parchaiyan", which is the adaptation of "Portrait of a lady" by Henry James starring Rahat Kazmi, Sahira Kazmi, Talat Hussain, Shakeel etc.

Long time ago I had heard of Parchaiyaan, but since then had completed forgotten abt it. Thanks for the mention. Have added to my long and never ending 'list' of shows to catch.πŸ˜³πŸ˜†
khamosshhh thumbnail

Originally posted by: ridaanur

apart from Dhoop Kinaray i loved Marina Khan in"Tum Say Kehna tha"

it was a light hearted and thoroughly enjoyable drama i think it was her best after "dhoop kinaray"
there was Farhan Ali Agha, Ali Haider and Nadeem Jaferi

Really? I thought I knew all of Marina Khan's plays, but can't recall dis one?πŸ˜• I hope it's der on youtube.

There was another one of Marina Khan and it was adapted from the movie 'while you were sleeping'. It had Ali Haider, teh singer opposite her. Nice drama.😳
khamosshhh thumbnail

Originally posted by: khamosshhh

Really? I thought I knew all of Marina Khan's plays, but can't recall dis one?πŸ˜• I hope it's der on youtube.

There was another one of Marina Khan and it was adapted from the movie 'while you were sleeping'. It had Ali Haider, teh singer opposite her. Nice drama.😳

Oh gosh...it's d same drama we r talking abt. πŸ˜† Had forgotten the name and whn I checked on YT, it turned out to be the same one.πŸ˜³πŸ˜†
ridaanur thumbnail

ohh yes who can forget baba Mustansar Hussain Tarar and that early morning dose of cartoon such as tiny toon adventures, flinstones and the jetsons. We couldn't watch the whole cartoon cause our school van used to come at 7:30.

And then when NTM started If I remember correctly it was 6 PM slot that they used to telecast cartoon series every day such as Thundercats, back then I never remembered the lyrics for the Thundercats song so I used to say "thundercats are aisi cats and thundercats are waisi cats" πŸ˜†. And oh those english series' such as coverup with its I need a herooo!!! ...and The Flash and many more.

@ bold: yes CHACHA g of the kids πŸ˜†
oh yes NTM and STN both provided with cartoons Thundercats, Ninja Turtles, Scooby Dooby, The Mask, and Captain Planet etc 😳
do you remember Ainak wala Jinn? πŸ˜› without its mention i feel childhood memories are incomplete πŸ˜†

ridaanur thumbnail

Originally posted by: khamosshhh

Oh gosh...it's d same drama we r talking abt. πŸ˜† Had forgotten the name and whn I checked on YT, it turned out to be the same one.πŸ˜³πŸ˜†

yes it's the same adapted one πŸ˜† i loved it 😳