Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Lostindreams thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: 0o.Jaan-Jee.o0

There is another very good show 'Thori si zindagi' starring Azaam Sajjad and Maria Wasti. It was about an AIDS patient, the heroine was very rude to him initially but later on falls in love with him. Here is the title song for it..

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgCoiNNxlI4[/YOUTUBE]

UHH sounds interesting.
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: 0o.Jaan-Jee.o0

There is another very good show 'Thori si zindagi' starring Azaam Sajjad and Maria Wasti. It was about an AIDS patient, the heroine was very rude to him initially but later on falls in love with him. Here is the title song for it..

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgCoiNNxlI4[/YOUTUBE]

This looks really interesting. I read that it's a true story? The sound quality for this show is horrible on youtube.
khamosshhh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
@OO.Jaan.Jee - hv downloaded the first part of Parosi...will watch it after Ramzaan .😊

Another drama from my childhood that I loved was Teesra Kinara starring Rahat Kazmi and his wife Sahira. I think it's directed by her too and is an adaptation of the famous book The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand.😊
Edited by khamosshhh - 9 years ago
Dimdim thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for all the suggestions ...Never heard of these dramas will check them out.
WabalMunni thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: starstruckk

This looks really interesting. I read that it's a true story? The sound quality for this show is horrible on youtube.

Yup I also heard that it is a true story. Yup this is the case with videos of many of the old dramas, the quality is not that good.
WabalMunni thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: khamosshhh

@OO.Jaan.Jee - hv downloaded the first part of Parosi...will watch it after Ramzaan .😊

Another drama from my childhood that I loved was Teesra Kinara starring Rahat Kazmi and his wife Sahira. I think it's directed by her too and is an adaptation of the famous book The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand.😊

Yup it was a common phenomenon back then to have good intellectually strong literature adaptations for example Shehzori by Azeem Baig Chughtai and many more. Sahira and Rahat were a big part of bringing English literature into this phenomenon. There is another one named "Parchaiyan", which is the adaptation of "Portrait of a lady" by Henry James starring Rahat Kazmi, Sahira Kazmi, Talat Hussain, Shakeel etc.
Edited by 0o.Jaan-Jee.o0 - 9 years ago
ridaanur thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
apart from Dhoop Kinaray i loved Marina Khan in"Tum Say Kehna tha"
it was a light hearted and thoroughly enjoyable drama i think it was her best after "dhoop kinaray"
there was Farhan Ali Agha, Ali Haider and Nadeem Jaferi
ridaanur thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
from old days "Uroosa" was very famous drama it was a debut hit for Adnan Siddique and Mishi Khan in 1992
and apart from "Nijaat" Atiqa Odho and Nouman Ejaz got a massive hit by NTM drama "DASHT". it has big names like Abid Ali, Ayub Khosa. it was based on tribal life and covers the story of boy and girl fell in love from rival tribes.
WabalMunni thumbnail
Ohh yes Uroosa.. Adnan was (still is) a handsome dude and dasht was a massive massive hit for NTM in fact many other NTM dramas were also such as Chand Grihan and Kashkol. If I am not wrong then I think Kshkol was Aijaz Aslam's first show.

WabalMunni thumbnail
Besides drama serials there are many long plays that I love. One of my absolute fav. is "Half Plate" starring Moin Akhtar and Khalida Riyasat and written by Anwar Maqsood.It is a gen of a play.. a must watch!

Then among the drama series there is highly entertaining "Guest House", which turned Afal Khan in to Rambo Rambo Jaan Rambo.. cockroach killer. His character was so famous that now he is known as Rambo by general public rather than his real name.