Views

Users

Frequent Posters

khamosshhh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: 0o.Jaan-Jee.o0

Nice topic!

My all time favorite is Nijaat starring Noman Aijaz, Atiqa Odho, Sajid Hassan, Marina Khan, Huma Nawab. Directed by Sahira Kazmi. Script by Asghar Nadeem Sayyad. It has also one of my fav. background score sung by Nayarra Noor and penned by Faiz Ahmed Faiz that is 'mera dard naghma-e-besada, meri zaat zarra-e-benishan'.

I think I already mentioned this somewhere on this forum before that Nijaat is one of those shows that should be part of our curriculum in schools to teach humanity to our children. It is only a 13 episodes show but the range of issues that it touches upon is simple enormous . Also, it was broadcasted in 1993 but even after more than 20 years the issues are still relevant in fact I personally think it was way ahead of its time because some of those issues are way more relevant now. For example it talks about 1. Child marriage, 2. Child labour, 3. Child abuse, 4. Gender discrimination, 5. Population control,6. Illegal drugs, 7. Beggar Mafia, 8. Child smuggling, 9. Labour Unions, 10. Domestic abuse, 11. No availability of proper health resources in small cities, 12. Governance issues in small cities, 13. Religious oppression/extremism, 14. Illegal hunting of our fauna, 15. Employment shortage, 16. Women oppression ...etc. etc. etc. and I guess I have still missed quite a few.

Phew.. hmm ok so the sum total of the gabble above is...Do watch the show! it is really good.

I always wanted to catch on dis drama coz of Marina Khan, but never did do it. Now knowing it has Nauman Ejaz and Atiqa Odho too, will surely give it a shot.

Rupali this drama is uploaded on YT by desirants.
khamosshhh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Another lovely old drama tht I hv watched is Kohar. I don't know if it's well known, but it had a beautiful story, quite different and it has Marina Khan as the lead and written by Haseena moin.
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Someone please remind me, there was a drama of huma nawab i cant remember the name , but all i remember that streets used to be empty when it aired, it was serious drama, talat hussain was her father and he was on death row, i cant even remember the story, but it was a tear jerker for sure.
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
There's this drama that aired on ARY in 2006..it's not a very old one, but it's still from back in the day..it's called Dohri. It's brilliant. I would definitely give it a shot.
starstruckk thumbnail
Also, Des Pardes...not sure if it has been mentioned here already, but it had Nadia Khan in it.
Gujar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Oopar gori ka makaan' Is a must watch. Very edgy for it's time and gritty.

Haven't seen Dur E Shalwar but heard it's good.
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: Gujar

Oopar gori ka makaan' Is a must watch. Very edgy for it's time and gritty.

Haven't seen Dur E Shalwar but heard it's good.

I loved Ooper Gori Ka Makaan. Faisal Qureshi and Javeria made such a good pair back in the day. Shagufta Ejaz was great as well. That show was ahead of its time.
Edited by starstruckk - 9 years ago
WabalMunni thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Crescendo-

If u could give a small brief about the plot in 1-2 lines then that would be of greater help.Thanks in advance.

Wikipedia zindabad! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nijaat
WabalMunni thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: khamosshhh

I think I have seen this one when searching for some dramas to watch of Marina Khan. Isn't it abt 3 sisters and Marina Khan being one of them?

I'll hv to re-watch it now.😳

Yup there are three sisters shamim hilali, khalida riyasat and marina khan but the story revolves around Khalida and Marina. Do watch it, it is a very touching story. I love the scene from 15:11 till 18:50, in fact I also love the starting scene of this video and the background score 'abhi kuch din lagain gai' is totally uff. It is a nazam by Iftikhar Arif, sung by Mehnaz. Beautiful!

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh81Ut5Gmrk[/YOUTUBE]

WabalMunni thumbnail
There is another very good show 'Thori si zindagi' starring Azaam Sajjad and Maria Wasti. It was about an AIDS patient, the heroine was very rude to him initially but later on falls in love with him. Here is the title song for it..

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgCoiNNxlI4[/YOUTUBE]