Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

642126 thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: holycowu.

Eww! I didnt know he was so disgusting.🤢

Did no one from the industry say anything against him?
I understand actresses from that decade may not eactly have been in the position to, but surely the other industry people could have spoken about it.

All have too many skeletons in their cupboards.

So no one exactly speaks out.

Raj Kapoor was too well connected to mess with him.

Everyone just goes "Raj saab, Raj saab!", at his mention. I don't think anyone except reporters or he himself exposed about his own self (like that monologue about his childhood and bathing with his mother etc).

sayang thumbnail

Originally posted by: acoustichaarts.

Agree with you. I think Shammi Kapoor is stil the best from Kapoor clan. He was the best looking and I don't remember ever reading these sorts of things about him. I don't know why they Shashi Kapoor the Dadasaheb award. He surely didn't deserve it.😕 His career/performances haven't been legendary.

I just want to answer why shashi kapoor deserve the award. I Don't abt other kapoors but I know shashi's. That man did commercial cinema and excels in art films too. He opens prithivi raj theater and works hard to establish it. That time theaters are disappearing and shashi works hard to sustain it. I won't deny he did every film come in his way to make Money that he loses credibility but he contributes to the sustainment of theater. He sustains in the industry from 60's to 70's. He even stars in international films. Playing second hero is not bad. At the end of the day the characterisation is important . Shashi has chocolate boy looks but he succeed as action star too.He is one of the 70's popular star. Everyone deserves the award they get. I hope people Don't question why some people get awards or others didn't easily. People Don't give out prestige awards like this that easily just seeing the last name.

p/s : Out of topic and quite lengthy. So excuse me.
642126 thumbnail
The Phalke Award is biased to Kapoors and some other well connected people.

It is a joke how Kishore and Rafi don't have it but Asha and Lata do.

Shashi's only achievement is theatre.

International cinema is all foray. It's not significant. Om Puri and Naseer have done more significant work internationally. But nobody bothers to give them their due.

The Dadasaheb Phalke Award is THE Highest award given by the GOI. It should have some standard and honour only exceptional achievers and not be a sell out giving it to also rans just because they had bigtime connections.

Yeah Shashi is 70s popular star - as a sidekick!
dhartiamber thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Shammi kapoor was a bigger star than Shashi. Shammi kapoor's dancing moves are legendary the 60 era means shammi kapoor songs. he was a successful solo hero and style icon of his time. Shashi kapoor was more famous for Amitabh's sidekick characters and male flowerpot in female dominated films. Shammi acted in films all his life he happily played grandfather characters.
Edited by dhartiamber - 9 years ago
sayang thumbnail
As a fan I am happy Shashi got the award. About others I Don't know so I cannot comment. Maybe they are talented too and deserves the award. In that case I am sure they will get appreciated too sooner or later. I respect others opinion too in this matter because I don't know how they choose to award whom. But Shashi did contribute so I put my opinion on why he too deserves the award. 😊
SH7_Sunny thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: atominis

His cinema and achievements might be great but he as a person was not.

Big time pervert, cheap, exploitative.

Tharki and characterless. Eyeing even minor girls and nieces, daughters of colleagues.

Sleazebag!

This man didnt leave anyone. 🤢
gutterina thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
If Raj Kapoor was alive now, he should've been given a Lifetime Tharkipan award 🐷
642126 thumbnail

Originally posted by: dhartiamber

Shammi kapoor was a bigger star than Shashi. Shammi kapoor's dancing moves are legendary the 60 era means shammi kapoor songs. he was a successful solo hero and style icon of his time. Shashi kapoor was more famous for Amitabh's sidekick characters and male flowerpot in female dominated films. Shammi acted in films all his life he happily played grandfather characters.

Hell yeah he was way more successful than Shashi Kapoor! He has solo successes and is known for dance (though I do not know how we can call it dance, but anyway). And he was damn successful in senior roles even through 90s. Unlike Shashi who just disappeared.

Shashi has played sidekick to Sunil Dutt also.

And he was jokingly called Amitabh's heroine. 😆

As a filmmaker he might have given an award winning film or two but is more overrated. Utsav, Ajooba etc are trash.

Even in 60s, I feel Kapoor star power is overrated. Rajendra Kumar was giving hits and his songs are equally popular. I do not like him one bit but his record is undeniable. Sunil Dutt has also given many hits and highly acclaimed films but he hasn't been given his due. If any other guy had films that went to Oscars and Cannes, besides being hits, he would be worshipped (the way media hypes now). He was also the original angry young man and Salim-Javed openly admit till date, that they were inspired from Mother India while writing Deewar and especially Birju's character while writing character of Vijay. AB also credits him as original angry young man.

They have all cashed on Raj Kapoor and Prithviraj Kapoor's success and high profile links. Otherwise too overrated.

The way they hype their family members, you never know if they buy awards for a nobody like Randhir Kapoor also someday!

Only they can purchase the biggest award of the country for an also ran!
Parysatis thumbnail
Ranbir seems like a monk compared to this creep.

Think he had an Oedipus complex as well. Lovely.