Why is Raj Kapoor called a jerk here?

1022100 thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
❓ Well the elders around me really like his movies, call him a legend etc.. but here on this forum I've heard people say he was not a good person and all that. Why is that? What did he do? 😲

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

835874 thumbnail
I guess it has to do with him exploiting young aspiring actresses?
Sounds horrible but unfortunately that's a common pattern within the industry.
Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: glitter.

❓ Well the elders around me really like his movies, call him a legend etc.. but here on this forum I've heard people say he was not a good person and all that. Why is that? What did he do? 😲

welcome to bw forum 😆

ok on a serious note , I think because of his affairs with the actresses he worked with/casting couch.

998331 thumbnail

Was a tharki.

Used Nargis, and her property. Nargis invested in his production house. Later Raj Kapoor became the sole owner.

991876 thumbnail
He was a perverted predator.
Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: B-TEX

Was a tharki.

Used Nargis, and her property. Nargis invested in his production house. Later Raj Kapoor became the sole owner.

🤢 Nargis didn't take any legal action against him ?
Tahira-2013 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
I have heard and read lots of stories about him, how he used young actresses, I'm not sure if Ram Teri ganga was his film or not but someone told me how he was ok to show nude scenes of new actresses but at the same time he was totally against if some women from his family wanted to make career in bollywood , that's why many actresses left film industry after their marriage, for example Neetu and Babita cause Kapoor family was totally against it and even after marriage he had affairs and honestly I think all the stories about him are true
Edited by Tahira-2013 - 9 years ago
998331 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nishita123

🤢 Nargis didn't take any legal action against him ?

Read these 2 articles, Nishi...

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3593548

Quietude thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Pervert Number 1 = Raj Kapoor 🤢

"Devyani took me to Raj Kapoor's private cinema to see the opening shots of Satyam, Shivam, Sundaram. I took along members of the Sindhi family who lived above me - Sheila, her daughter Jyoti and their maidservant Fatima, all very eager to meet the great actor.

"Zeenat Aman was present. I sat between Raj Kapoor and Zeenat. Devyani was in the row behind with my guests. We saw Zeenat stepping out of a village pond with her wet sari clinging to her body and displaying her shapely bust. I am a bosom man,' said Raj to me with enthusiasm, aren't you?' I agreed that shapely bosoms had their points. What's your laal paree (red fairy) like?' he asked. He was referring to Sheila, who was draped in a bright red sari. He assumed she was my mistress.

"I have no idea,' I replied.

"Go on, you so-and-so!" he insisted. She looks all right to me. But one can't really tell what's inside the blouse, can one?'"

Humra Quraishi is a senior political journalist based in Gurgaon. She is the author ofKashmir: The Untold Story and co-author of Simply Khushwant.

http://www.themetrognome.in/columns/enough-said/i-am-a-bosom-man-arent-you

642126 thumbnail
His cinema and achievements might be great but he as a person was not.

Big time pervert, cheap, exploitative.

Tharki and characterless. Eyeing even minor girls and nieces, daughters of colleagues.

Sleazebag!