Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 9 years ago
I replied to Shabz last night about Arjumand's reason for hating Ruhi so quoting it here:

because Behroze completely humiliated her by outright rejecting her for Ruhi. For Arjumand it was never about love as much as it was for self-respect. Any love she had for Behroze left her heart the moment he chose to leave the haveli. For her it's like...Behroze would rather leave his entire family for a woman than be with Arjumand. That's an insult to Arjumand's whole being. She and Behroze knew each other since childhood, he knew how much she importance she gave to their engagement, yet when the time came Behroze chose to outright reject her not only in front of his father but HER parents as well. To her it was being treated like an undesirable object which Behroze didn't want any association with. Arjumand always hated it that her self was being denied. Even after the rejection, Arjumand's major stance was that she refused to be treated like an object which was passed between brothers. That is why she hated Suhaib initially, because he didn't acknowledge her presence and feelings. Yes, Suhaib turned out to be the best thing that happened to her but that hurt and pain of being so utterly humiliated by her fiance still lingers in her heart. She hates Ruhi for making Behroze a man who didn't even have the courage to go to his cousin AND fiance and talk to her in a gentle way about his decision to not go ahead with their wedding.

sourmisery thumbnail

Originally posted by: -ZaYalicious-

LOL, I actually saw how you were ranting in your posts after the episode. Then I went ahead and took the screenshot from Afia's vm 😳

Haha, I really was ranting last night 😆 It's just that Maya kind of promised a WaFa meet and then we didn't get it and editing issues with this show are so obvious, they have previously scrapped scenes as well so I thought ke chalo ji, hogaya satyanaash. They edited the scene out
mary78613 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: -ZaYalicious-

Nimra usually writes long stories, though. There is one, Iblees. Pretty realistic it was. And the one I mentioned above by Umera is simply amazing. UA too writes long ones. It is only Farhat Ishtiaq who writes short stories. Her Yeh Khuwaab Tou Ek Seraab Hai is my favourite. Try reading it. :D

Oh okay, i will give this one a try. I have mostly seen shows of Umera and haven't read her books much. I have read parts of Amarbail, mostly because it was too long and I could not complete it.
Oh i have read every single story of Farhat 😆 Actually I started reading Urdu stuff 2-3 years back. My reading speed sucked big time and I could not read hard Urdu either so I started with Farhat's books because her writing style was simple and she even used simple words which were easier to read. So ya... But now i am trying out different authors. I have read PeK of course. I have read half of Mushaf.. i will complete it soon.
khamosshhh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: lostmymusic.

I replied to Shabz last night about Arjumand's reason for hating Ruhi so quoting it here:

Yes I get it that she was humiliated by Behroze's rejection and choosing Roohi over her. But then she should be hating Behroze na and not Roohi. Actually I don't like dis tendency to show women hating on women even when it's not their fault. And agree dat Roohi isn't a very pleasant person, but ARjumand does not know dat...yet. Dat's Y I didn't like tht Arjumand is hating on Roohi. It wld have been better if dey had shown Arjumand hating on Roohi after seeing Roohi's bitchy behavior.
mary78613 thumbnail
Lovely stuff Mais! This is going in my dabba! 😃
mary78613 thumbnail

This makes sense, but I personally think Suhaib's love should have removed all hatred from her heart. She should actually consider herself lucky that Behroze left her and she got a life partner like Suhaib. I don't think Behroze would have loved and cared for her like Suhaib. Suhaib lived to keep other's happy whereas Behroze was selfish.

I know she hated Suhaib initially because she felt humiliated for being treated like an object but she eventually realised that she got a gem of a person in her life and lived a happy life with him. She should have forgotten her past but I guess Arjumand is not the type of women who would forget her humiliation that easily. I am just disappointed that even Suhaib's love could not erase her hatred.
Edited by mary78613 - 9 years ago
sourmisery thumbnail

Originally posted by: khamosshhh

Yes I get it that she was humiliated by Behroze's rejection and choosing Roohi over her. But then she should be hating Behroze na and not Roohi. Actually I don't like dis tendency to show women hating on women even when it's not their fault. And agree dat Roohi isn't a very pleasant person, but ARjumand does not know dat...yet. Dat's Y I didn't like tht Arjumand is hating on Roohi. It wld have been better if dey had shown Arjumand hating on Roohi after seeing Roohi's bitchy behavior.

I agree. Even I don't like and really didn't want an Arjumand hating Ruhi and thus Farah angle. It was unnecessary. But then again, if Ruhi can hate everyone related to the haveli because of the one reception she got there...Arjumand can also harbor the same hatred for the woman who, according to her, is the reason for all this mess. I am pretty sure the hatred will only rise because Ruhi's bitchiness will do its job by creating a rift between the two families. Gaah...I really didn't want this track

Maybe using the word "nafrat" was the wrong choice here. It would've been better if Arjumand was shown as regarding Ruhi as someone she doesn't want any connection to. Khair, they are all humans and everyone is making their share of mistakes. Arjumand might have very happily moved on from the tragedy but fact remains that she lived a year in depression and misery. Suhaib kept her afloat but with him gone...it's justified for her to have some of the darkness seep through..
brainychild92 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Agreed..Also, I think it could be because of the limitations on language...
I don't think there is a proper word in the urdu dictionary for resentment..
is there??? so they used hatred...

whether you hate someone or resent them, either way it would be hard to live with them.
sourmisery thumbnail
beeteedubz, is it spoiling if I want to talk about some bits of the initial promos? 😆
clockworknerd thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Also don't be so hard on Behroze, people. He's my baby! <3 I don't think he will not ask Faraah's agreement for the rishta. See Ruhi wasn't even ready to step in the haveli, so maybe that is why he didn't drop the bigger bomb on her. I always knew he would tell Ruhi and Faraah about the nikkah once they had come to the haveli. Had he told Ruhi about the nikkah on phone tou woh tou haveli kabhi bhi nahi aati. And he is going to ask Faraah about the nikkah, it is evident in the precap. BUT YES, he will emotionally blackmail her to some extent. When he asked Wali for his agreement, he was diplomatic and gave Wali the freedom of choice. Because at the end of the day, Wali's is not his son.. he has no right to impose his decisions on him. He's a 19 year old guy and very mature (Wali respects him but someone mature and samajhdaar liike Wali would never fall for his blackmailing and Behroze knows that) who could have his own choices and that's why Behroze was less of an emotional blackmailer when he asked Wali about the nikkah. Although, we are yet to see how he will talk to Faraah about the nikkah but going by the precap it seems he will use emotionally blackmailing as a tool. You see he is so guilty that he is ready to do anything. And even if he sort of pressurizes Faraah (which I'm sure he won't because Faraah is is so immature and loves her dad so much that Behroze won't need to impose any decision) it will be justified keeping the situations and characters in mind. He knows his daughter and maybe he also knows that Faraah doesn't like anyone else (which he wasn't sure of in Wali's case). Jin se hum pyaar karte hain, hum unpe apna haq samjhte hain.. I read this line in a book and this suits Behroze's situation and character well. He expects Faraah to agree to his decisions readily because she has always been such a loving and obedient daughter. So i guess Behroze won't need to impose his decision because Faraah will immediately fall for his emotional blackmailing.