khamosshhh thumbnail
@Mais - beautifully done.😊
BTW forgot to mention but also loved Behroze Shabzwari as Tajammul/ Bhai Jaan and loved how he sternly told Ruhi that she had to go to the haveli and left her with no choice. Seems in Roohi's family it's d guys who r the more sensible ones, both Tajammul and Moiz, warna Ruhi aur uski bhabhi se koi ummeed nahin hai.😆
clockworknerd thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

"Agar tou yeh mazak hai...tou bohat hi behuda mazaak hai. Aur agar nahi, tou main aapko mashwara dungi ke aap psychiatrist ke paas jaye."

🤣 You go Arjumand!

Edited by -ZaYalicious- - 9 years ago
-MitwaIshqPe- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
WOW! Stunning set Mais! Going to get it stacked
mary78613 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -ZaYalicious-

I've 5-6 favourite short stories. You should try Kya Baat Hai Teri Baat Mein by Umera. But I've a liking for long books. And nobody can beat Umera Ahmed and Nimra Ahmed when it comes to novels. The subject is just so different..for instance, my ultimate favourite is Amarbail. And Amarbail wasn't just a love story, it was rather more on bureaucracy, lust for power, broken families.

Umera Ahmed's short stories are good but most of them are so sad and heart wrenching. I read the book Subah ka Istara Hai (something like that) and I was crying reading all the stories. I like light hearted short stories. Are there any other short stories by Nimra Ahmed? I have only read WMA.
clockworknerd thumbnail

Originally posted by: mary78613

Umera Ahmed's short stories are good but most of them are so sad and heart wrenching. I read the book Subah ka Istara Hai (something like that) and I was crying reading all the stories. I like light hearted short stories. Are there any other short stories by Nimra Ahmed? I have only read WMA.

Nimra usually writes long stories, though. There is one, Iblees. Pretty realistic it was. And the one I mentioned above by Umera is simply amazing. UA too writes long ones. It is only Farhat Ishtiaq who writes short stories. Her Yeh Khuwaab Tou Ek Seraab Hai is my favourite. Try reading it. :D
sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Zaya - I LOVE YOU!! That screenshot made my day! 🤗
sehar mehrotra thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Luvd yesterdays epi.
Esp the scenes between Zarmeen/Wali and Arjumand's inner dilemmas.

Faraa has heard so much ill about Behrose's family that I feel she's some what scared of them, she was holding Roohi's hand the entire time.

I cant wait for the first WaFa scene.

sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

This scene! God, I love love LOVE how well Obi expresses in this show. Wali seeing Arjumand, fighting back her tears as she reads the Quran and he is reminded of their loss. His father, her husband. The way he left in such an untimely manner. And he wants nothing more than to go to his mother like a child and cry in her lap but he has seen the way she was completely broken down after Suhaib's death. And he knows that if he breaks down, so will everyone else. So he has to keep it all within him and make sure that his face doesn't betray his feelings. Already he was too mature for his age but Suhaib's death has really taken away any young streaks within him.
mary78613 thumbnail

Originally posted by: khamosshhh

Okay the editing sucks big time. BTW what happened to the Laila-Behroze scene? 😕

Coming to the episode. Once more let me start by saying that I am mightily impressed by Abid Ali and Mikaal has been spot on as Behroze. Loved their scene and how both realized that both were at fault and it was Suhaib who ended up suffering. But other than that Behroze's behavior is just not sitting well with me. Seems he has a very myopic view of relationships and situations can't seem to look beyond this myopic view and see the bigger picture.

Also the same problem I had with Baseerat in Humsafar. All the years he had neglected his sister and to appease his guilt and make up for his shortcomings he made another blunder and forced a marriage onto his son and it's d same thing they r showing here.Now dat's another thing dat in both cases the pair end up falling in love, but the premise itself is faulty.

And I loved Arjumand giving back to Behroze and dat's exactly what I had been saying, that it was Arjumand's place to tell Behroze and not Laila's and I really like Arjumand when she has these flashes of spunk, but then she goes back to being the docile woman. BTW in this epi Hareem did impress me with her acting.😳

But I too didn't get why Arjumand said she hated Ruhi? Yes I can understand her resenting Ruhi, but hate is a very strong word and it would have still be understandable if she felt that for Behroze, though after all this time and seeing the kind of life she had with Suhaib, it seems a wasted feeling to harbor.

Also I like how Wali is holding his family together and is a tower of strength to them, though I wish they wld show his loosen up a bit. Seems way too serious for his age.

Ruhi can't seem to look beyond herself and is totally callous towards Behroze's feelings for his Agha Jaan and his family and the way Behroze is going about does not help matters. Feel so sorry for Faraa. She seems in a perpetual state of tension and fear around her mother and it does not help her mother constantly lashing out to her. Ruhi is shown as someone who's pretty much insensitive to other people's feelings, even her daughter's and seems to be emotionally detached to both her husband and daughter in times of need.

Seems there is no connect with Behroze's heart and mind and he's making a rather impulsive decision in wanting to get Wali and Fara married so hastily. And yes not bringing Ruhi and especially Faraa in the loop, but just telling them abt it makes it worse. Practically there are too many unresolved issues amongst so many family members, that a hasty nikaah in stead of solving matters wld only make things worse.

@bold

Guilt makes one take rash and selfish decisions. Its a very strong feeling that makes your heart heavy and to ease your conscience you take impulsive decisions. This was the case with Baseerat and the same is the case with Behroze. He had been away from his family for so long that he cannot think past them now. His heart is so filed with guilt, he is ready to do anything to take the burden off his heart. He is going to emotionally blackmail his daughter and not pay any attention to his wife's wishes and go ahead with this marriage.

Ruhi has harboured strong hatred for the haveli people for the past 20 years. On of the main reason is because of the harsh words that were spoken to her and Behroze when they went to the haveli but more that that its her husband's detachment that has made her hate them. She never had complete access to Behroze there was always a part of him that he hid from Ruhi. He never spoke about his family and shut himself from Ruhi in the matters of his family. He never even told her that Suhaib visits him regularly. So one of the major reason for Ruhi to hate the haveli people is that it took Behroze away from her, not away in the physical sense, but away mentally. He loved her with all her heart and spent a happy life together but he was still away from her. She could never have access to him completely. Right now, she is afraid of losing him and this is making her selfish. The hatred in her heart has increased tenfold over the years and she has become insensitive. She does not care if AJ or Suhaib lives or dies, she just wants Behroze back with her. In her heart, she knows Behroze loves them a lot and the constant fear that he will be brain washed or manipulated by AJ against her and Farah is eating her from inside. Her hatred will further increase after Farah and Wali's nikkah which will be against her wishes.

Even I do not get the reason for Arjumand's hatred either. She spent a happy, blissful life with Suhaib so why is she harbouring hatred for Ruhi. It doesn't makes any sense. If she is harbouring hatred that means she still cares and she has not forgotten the past. Honestly, I am kind of disappointed with her behaviour. She should have been indifferent towards Behroze and Ruhi both.
Edited by mary78613 - 9 years ago
clockworknerd thumbnail

Originally posted by: lostmymusic.

Zaya - I LOVE YOU!! That screenshot made my day! 🤗

LOL, I actually saw how you were ranting in your posts after the episode. Then I went ahead and took the screenshot from Afia's vm 😳