My next Hindi film is an intense love story with Aanand L Rai: Dhanush - Page 12

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: briahna

i hate to say this, but i want sonam and dhanush for this movie. i like them together in raanjhaana. something about them..found special.

I agree! I loved them in Ranjhanaa!๐Ÿ’”

Their chemistry was so passionate and beautiful. โค๏ธ
virus_msen thumbnail
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-cinema-news-15/updates-about-dhanushs-maari-and-vip-2-and-vetrimaaran-and-prabu-solomons-projects-are-in.html

how to embed article here?

Druids thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: BollyFanLuver

๐Ÿ˜†
Somewhere O. Rakesh Mehra is crying ๐Ÿ˜ญ <--- sad tears.

Although i loved her pairing with Abhi Jr in Delhi 6 & with Farhan in BMB, Dhanush + Sonam is iconic...Dhanush + Sonam + Rai is simply pure magic.

๐Ÿฅณ Rai has been amazingly consistent in casting & directing for all his movies so far.TWM2 looks very promising too. I hope his next with Dhanush just keeps the trend up & rolling. Thanks for posting the gifs btw. 

Sonam did not have that much scope in BMB. 

Anyhow Anand L Rai is on another level. Rakesh O Mehra is good at making larger than life movies. 
Rai's movies just bombard all the senses at the same time. There is so much going on and so many emotions. There's never a dull moment. And at the end you just wonder what hit you. 

Eagerly waiting for TWM2.

Originally posted by: Hiral_Halwa

sundas-jee..โค๏ธ hum bahot badey walley phan hai ranjhanna ke its like one of those movies, where u find something more everytime u watch it again๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜† one of my all time fav lovestories

love everything abt that movie..the reverse ramayan, zoya's grey characterization - almost femme fatale, kundan's raavan to ram turnaround, kundan's friends and abhay as jasjeetat and the divine music, cinematography, direction, editing and what not๐Ÿ˜†..and I know many say second half was a downer..but I loveeed the second half more than the first one๐Ÿ˜ณ 

and good lord dhanusssh! he drove me crazyyy as kundan! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ can u recommend me some of his other not to be missed movies๐Ÿ˜ณ?

It was one of those rare movies, which made me fall in love with bollywood films again, I hardly used to crave for hindi films unless its a Hrithik film, and after a decade or so, i think i had watched something so classy, magical and heart bleeding. Be it the dialogues, be it Dhanush, the chemistry, His angst, the songs, the friendship Raanjhana is memorable in every aspect.

I loved the second half more, there was a scene when Zoya pretends to be all in love with kundan and goes and hugs him, just before the song " aise na dekho ", i cried so badly there, not because Zoya was betaying him, but because Kundan knew that zoya was betraying him, and him being so numb and silent, i was all ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

First half is good, but second half being the more intense one, its terrific. 

Hiral, yes yes, tell me about it, did not ever imagine that i would like Dhanush, a tamil actor, i do not even know T of Tamil, but alas, it happened, and am glad it has happened, because most of his films are just cult ones, you watch, and stay open mouthed at the end.

If you want to watch great tragic love stories, then watch Mayakkam enna, 3 ( must watch ), Kadal konden , and for his terrific performance Adukalam is a must.  Mariyaan is for people who love to fall in love, i have watched it so many times.

My favorite ones are Mariyaan and 3, be it the songs, the chemistry, Dhanush's acting, the feels, and yes the love stories in them.

CineFanLuver thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
 Dhanush @dhanushkraja  

With my national award as a producer for #kaakkamuttai (best children's film) #wunderbarfilms #grassrootfilmcompany

Nora thanks for sharing ..
at 31, he has a national award for both best actor and producer . Such a proud moment .๐Ÿฅณ
MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
thank u ladies for the recommendations :) will most definitely check out kadhal konden over the weekend first and then go for the rest of his movies..

OMG I just checked the pics of that movie and OMG dhanush - like this guy is so totally unrecognizable!๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ฒ he literally metamorphosises into the roles he plays or what..๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ omg uber excited to watch it๐Ÿ˜ณ

++++++++++++
sundas-OMG that hug scene๐Ÿ’” what do u feel - towards the end - zoya had subconciously fallen in love with kundan? I feel so..she was repulsed by the thought of loving him, he was downmarket for her, he was everything she dint want, and still..she became everything he was..her committing suicide by kalaai kaatna - inspired from kundan, her getting jasjeet's name changed to a muslim guy, inspired from kundan's way of pursuing her, her sending kundan to death, inspired from kundan exposing jasjeet in front of everyone..how much ever uppitty she thot she was, at the end of the day she behaved exactly like the "jaahil" kundan..zoya I guess realized it when she confessed being responsible for kundan's death, that the person who killed jasjeet and kundan both was her...it was she who destroyed a lot of things around her.. 

as for the second half - exactly mahn - it was so intense and so unlike the second half of any other movie I watched.. conventionally this is what it would have been - girl finally falling in love with guy, and guy convincing the world to let him marry the girl..+ throw in bindiya playing vamp lol..but instead it treaded a never seen before plane..justapoxed with political situation in the country, redemption of a man's crime, life coming a full circle for both zoya and kundan..and even more brilliant was how jasjeet hands over his dreams to kundan before dying, where unknowingly a simple tenth fail brahmin boy from a remote place made a bigger impact because of his go-getter attitude than the padhey likhey nau jawaan who were roaming round and round around their own logic...but boy he doesnt care about the world or he is not out there to save his country..all he ever wanted was for zoya to acknowledge him, accept his unsaid apology, just be there for her๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ now if thats not brilliiiant brilliant writing, I dont know what isโค๏ธ

on his other movies - 3 is a very recent one no? sure will watch the rest too..๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ
chembi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: harshu.sundas

Rajni fans hate on Dhanush for some very weird reasons, but alas, i don't think so it will effect him now. Dhanush will not override Ajith and Vijay in terms of superstardom, and rightfully, they are very senior to him. I was just saying i find Dhanush's filmography very fascinating , unlike others who are atleast a decade older to him and are superstars at their own right too.

Sry to interfere @ bold yes harsh they hate dhanush for weird reasons  they hate dhanus when he immitate  their thalivars signature styles they are too possessive to their thalivars styles between me too hate dhanus while he copies rajini's styles but i adore him as an actor.

Originally posted by: Hiral_Halwa

thank u ladies for the recommendations :) will most definitely check out kadhal konden over the weekend first and then go for the rest of his movies..

OMG I just checked the pics of that movie and OMG dhanush - like this guy is so totally unrecognizable!๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ฒ he literally metamorphosises into the roles he plays or what..๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ omg uber excited to watch it๐Ÿ˜ณ

++++++++++++
sundas-OMG that hug scene๐Ÿ’” what do u feel - towards the end - zoya had subconciously fallen in love with kundan? I feel so..she was repulsed by the thought of loving him, he was downmarket for her, he was everything she dint want, and still..she became everything he was..her committing suicide by kalaai kaatna - inspired from kundan, her getting jasjeet's name changed to a muslim guy, inspired from kundan's way of pursuing her, her sending kundan to death, inspired from kundan exposing jasjeet in front of everyone..how much ever uppitty she thot she was, at the end of the day she behaved exactly like the "jaahil" kundan..zoya I guess realized it when she confessed being responsible for kundan's death, that the person who killed jasjeet and kundan both was her...it was she who destroyed a lot of things around her.. 

as for the second half - exactly mahn - it was so intense and so unlike the second half of any other movie I watched.. conventionally this is what it would have been - girl finally falling in love with guy, and guy convincing the world to let him marry the girl..+ throw in bindiya playing vamp lol..but instead it treaded a never seen before plane..justapoxed with political situation in the country, redemption of a man's crime, life coming a full circle for both zoya and kundan..and even more brilliant was how jasjeet hands over his dreams to kundan before dying, where unknowingly a simple tenth fail brahmin boy from a remote place made a bigger impact because of his go-getter attitude than the padhey likhey nau jawaan who were roaming round and round around their own logic...but boy he doesnt care about the world or he is not out there to save his country..all he ever wanted was for zoya to acknowledge him, accept his unsaid apology, just be there for her๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ now if thats not brilliiiant brilliant writing, I dont know what isโค๏ธ

on his other movies - 3 is a very recent one no? sure will watch the rest too..๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Hiroo.. Finally i get somebody to discuss Raanjhana again ..
I can talk and talk about this film and never regret or repent and stop.

I would slightly disagree with you Hiroo, you have said everything right but apart from the fact that Zoya had fallen in love with Kunda. Towards the climax, i could see er losing her self esteem, almost hitting the rock bottom point of being heartless and cruel, but that was not because she had fallen in love with Kundan, but because Kundan's fame and popularity amongst her buddies and peers had put her into shame. She had disclosed to everybody that how kundan killed Jasjeet and wants to sleep with her ( which was never true ), but still that remains un-affected, mostly people chose to see what kundan was and believe in him and not trust Zoya and think kundan to be like that.

Zoya had always loved Jasjeet, and Kundan realized and knew that, and thats why Kundan always wanted to achieve victory for Jasjeet's political party, it was the only way he could see zoya happy, it was the only way his guilt would lessen and he could face his mahadev. And as you said its ironic that even Jasjeet , while dying, new that Kundan shouldn't be blamed, instead he gave kundan an indirect hint that Kundan must take care of zoya and jasjeet's dream. Jasjeet could not have a last word with Zoya, and thats what karma is, karma is a bicth and it had bitten zoya in the worst possible way, may be this was her punishment for breaking Kundan's heart so mercilessly.

Dhanush is Dhanush, i doubt whether kundan would be as endearing and as heart breaking had any body else played it. Hiroo, Kadal Konden is a must watch, Dhanush plays the psychotic creepy roles with utmost dedication, he will extract every kind of emotion from you, be it sympathy, disgust or even justification fr his role. One of his best works so far.

3 is beautiful, if you have loved Raanjhana, you will love 3 even more, again he plays the tragic hero so beautifully, and it leaves you shattered , the whole impact of his character leaves you in a dismal state at the end, and he deserved all the awards and recognition for this film. Highlight ofcourse is his chemistry with shruti. Cult classic it is.