Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mary78613 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: starstruckk

Yea, Gohar needs to be more consistent when it comes to portraying different sides to one character in one show. I was watching Khilona and in some scenes he was brilliant and in others, suddenly.. I don't know what happened. 😆 The ones where he was falling flat was where he had to show his romantic side from what I noticed? From whatever I've seen of him as an actor, in general... he seems to excel when he has to be serious, indifferent, a little greyish or negative. His weaker areas or when trying to portray the positive side a character or when trying to show sparks of romance. He isn't conventionally good looking but for some reason, I still like seeing him onscreen. He has something about him which I can't put my finger on, but there's just something really likable about him onscreen in my opinion.

WORD! He needs to work when it comes to portraying positive roles.
There was this scene in Khilona where he tells his mom he likes Arij and omg! he was giving this geeky smile and was blushing and I was like WTH is he doing? 😆 Umer's character is not the smiling, blushing types. I was laughing in that scene, the expressions were all wrong.

Yes, there is something about him that does not make him unappealing. Even before noticing him in Digest Writer, I saw him in Goya and found him really good. Digest Writer mein he was superb!
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mary78613

WORD! He needs to work when it comes to portraying positive roles.
There was this scene in Khilona where he tells his mom he likes Arij and omg! he was giving this geeky smile and was blushing and I was like WTH is he doing? 😆 Umer's character is not the smiling, blushing types. I was laughing in that scene, the expressions were all wrong.

Yes, there is something about him that does not make him unappealing. Even before noticing him in Digest Writer, I saw him in Goya and found him really good. Digest Writer mein he was superb!

lmaoo yes that scene in particularly comes to mind. I was laughing myself. I didn't know what happened to him all of a sudden because the scene wasn't even hard? 😆...but it's as if he couldn't transition himself from someone who barely smiled to someone who felt even the slightest of happiness. It's weird because actors usually do better in positive roles and struggle with the greyer/negative ones...but Gohar actually does better in the latter. It's funny because even when Gohar tries smiling out of the blue in Khilona..I find myself laughing a little for some reason. 😆

With that said, I still like Gohar. I also liked whatever I'm seeing of Arij and Gohar together. I saw sparks in their office scenes. That show has some really nice background music! I love how they're using the OST in the background.
starstruckk thumbnail
Btw speaking of Gohar in Digest Writer..Saba recommended Gohar for the role of Shaukat. Gohar was apprehensive to do the show because the title of the show threw him off...but then, Saba talked to him and he took it up. I think Digest Writer really helped him boost his presence on television.
I only like Gohar in supporting roles.
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: HeavenlyBliss.

I only like Gohar in supporting roles.

but what other tv roles has he taken up besides Goya and DIgest Writer so far?
mary78613 thumbnail

lmaoo yes that scene in particularly comes to mind. I was laughing myself. I didn't know what happened to him all of a sudden because the scene wasn't even hard? 😆...but it's as if he couldn't transition himself from someone who barely smiled to someone who felt even the slightest of happiness. It's weird because actors usually do better in positive roles and struggle with the greyer/negative ones...but Gohar actually does better in the latter. It's funny because even when Gohar tries smiling out of the blue in Khilona..I find myself laughing a little for some reason. 😆

With that said, I still like Gohar. I also liked whatever I'm seeing of Arij and Gohar together. I saw sparks in their office scenes. That show has some really nice background music! I love how they're using the OST in the background.

Yes I know right?.. 😆 Omer's character suits him, but his goof ups are funny.
I guess he is more comfortable in the grey shaded/negative roles. Yes Arij and Gohar have chemistry. Arij is pretty versatile. There are four shows of hers on air right now and in each of them she is playing a completely different character.

The OST is amazing, it sticks with you. OST also enhances the scenes in the show.
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Gohar has potential.. N he will surely improve with his present n future projects in the things he lacks.. As he is now starting his career as a lead after doing supporting roles in two shows, itz normal.. But i m convinced with his portrayal n i m sure till the end of Khilona we will witness the evolution.. I hope so :)

This show looks good.. Nice to see one new guy, for me atleast.. Hope he is good.. He looks a bit like Feroze Khan though :P
mary78613 thumbnail

Btw speaking of Gohar in Digest Writer..Saba recommended Gohar for the role of Shaukat. Gohar was apprehensive to do the show because the title of the show threw him off...but then, Saba talked to him and he took it up. I think Digest Writer really helped him boost his presence on television.

Oh really? He was lucky to bag this show. It was an unexpected hit.
And his portrayal of his character Shaukat impressed everyone. He should really thank Saba.😆
mary78613 thumbnail
@star
I think he has only done these four. Goya, DW, Khilona and Paiwand.
I don't know if he played any other roles. But I am sure we will get to see him often in lead roles now.
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I too felt tht he isn't comfortable in romantic roles.. For now at least.. I felt a bit odd.. Well .. But i can be ignored as the impact of the scenes wasn't ruined..
I know right.. I never thought tht Gohar n Arij can have chemistry... :O i completely loved this fact !!!

N THE BEST PART OF THE HAS TO BE ITZ OST !!