Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: HeavenlyBliss.

I still didnt like Mayas dialogue delivery. I hope it gets better.

It can't get better as its a natural defect

All she cud work on is her acting and expression which she is and improving Epi by Epi
then maybe ill just egt used to it lol
ruffledfeathers thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Hina Bayat was excellent as Afia šŸ‘... I have more hopes from the supporting cast than from Maya Ali - very limited expressions...
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
I hope yosuf will not suffer the same fate as AfzalšŸ¤”
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Just saw the first episode. I really liked it. There were a lot of nuances in the first episode that only a director like Mehreen could depict. My favorite bits were the train scenes. That was all very well directed, written, enacted and portrayed. The background music used is also lovely.

I liked Imran as Yousuf. He fits the part. His wardrobe and makeup etc also looks so much better here than whatever I've seen of him in Alvida. He looks meh there. Maya was alright. I like Maya but there seems to be some speech issue with her when she talks. There's some kind of lisp or so? ...and that ruins or dialogue delivery. Nonetheless, her and Imran look cute together which helps.

The best part is that there's actually high quality videos posted online of this show's first episode! I was so thrilled...otherwise, I wouldn't be able to watch it. That's exactly why I can't seem to get myself to continue with Jackson Heights - due to the horrendous print.
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: -shabz-

I hope yosuf will not suffer the same fate as AfzalšŸ¤”

I actually read somewhere that Khalil ur Rehman gave this a happy ending.
Is that why the title was changed?
But the OST doesnt have a happy feel to it
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: ABBY_JERAN

It can't get better as its a natural defect

All she cud work on is her acting and expression which she is and improving Epi by Epi

She has some sort of lisp which is natural. That's what affects her dialogue delivery. She's a decent actress though and likable onscreen..but nothing extraordinary in the first episode. I've seen her do better...but this was just the first episode. She was awesome in Shanakht.
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: HeavenlyBliss.

Is that why the title was changed?

But the OST doesnt have a happy feel to it

I think they changed the title because it was a little controversial. People may find it offensive since they may connect it to Zulekha and Hazrat Yousuf's story. And, knowing Khalil Ur Rehman, I don't think it's a coincidence that the female character's name is Zulekha while the male character's name is Yousuf. With the show just merely being Mera Naam Yousuf Hai..it doesn't allow people to stir up any drama at face value at least.

And, I'm not sure how legit the source was..but I did read somewhere someone saying that as per Khalil Ur Rehman..this show won't have a tragic ending. Let's just wait and see. And, if the OST is throwing us off then they're doing a good job since it'll come as a surprise if it's not tragic as per the writer's usual story template.
Ohhh I didnt know about that! That makes sense! He shouldve used different names then :/

Maya has a pretty face, not fond of her acting though