Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: fivestars

I don't get it !!why r his 3 yrs old tweets are making news now ??πŸ˜•

I'm guessing as a way to show Tanmay Bhat, and by association AIB as a group of nasty immoral comedians with no boundaries or respect for anything or anyone. Therefor the roast was a mistake and should have never happened and any legal repercussions they face is well deserved.

Only my opinion.

642126 thumbnail

Originally posted by: blue-ice

lol...I am sure WBR made a sarcastic comment thereπŸ˜†

I endorsed it in same spirit. πŸ˜‰

India is an embarrassment! πŸ˜›
fivestars thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

I'm guessing as a way to show Tanmay Bhat, and by association AIB as a group of nasty immoral comedians with no boundaries or respect for anything or anyone. Therefor the roast was a mistake and should have never happened and any legal repercussions they face is well deserved.

Only my opinion.

yeah..but we cant stop people from tweeting or saying nasty things ..can we ??
instead of concentrating on minor things govt should go after major issues...IMO
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: fivestars

yeah..but we cant stop people from tweeting or saying nasty things ..can we ??
instead of concentrating on minor things govt should go after major issues...IMO

No we cannot and we should not. It sets a very dangerous precedent.

And even legally nothing might be done to Tanmay because of these tweets. But I think bringing up these tweets was to prove a point (whether it was rather valid point or not is a whole other debate) and sway public opinion. Swaying public opinion makes it easier for people like Pandit to pass rulings against the roast and it's participants without much backlash. It's quite manipulative actually.
firework thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
These tweets are sick and disturbing.

But this kinda humor unfortunately can be common. It can't be changed. Even if you tell these people they get so hyper and so defensive. They blame others for getting offended by their "joke".
They never question or think over their own choice of words.
Edited by Oblivion111 - 9 years ago
firework thumbnail

Originally posted by: atominis

These guys have made jokes on private body parts of their own mothers also.

They are just attention seekers who will say ANYTHING for sensationalism and then cry foul and take up cause of FoE when they are countered.

They deserve to be ignored and we seriously do not need such crap in name of humour in India.

This will work only if people refuse to buy the tickets to their next event or show.

Unfortunately all this publicity will work wonders for them. Some will buy the tickets out of curiosity. Others will buy the tickets because they find it funny (nothing wrong with that). It is a vicious cycle and won't be changed easily.

Hopefully if they put up the next show they will write better jokes to avoid some of the backlash.

Edited by Oblivion111 - 9 years ago
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Oblivion111

This will work only if people refuse to buy the tickets to their next event or show.

Unfortunately all this publicity will work wonders for them. Some will buy the tickets out of curiosity. Others will buy the tickets because they find it funny (nothing wrong with that). It is a vicious cycle and won't be changed easily.

Hopefully if they put up the next show they will write better jokes to avoid some of the backlash.

They will sell tickets if some big names from BW are there for them to brag about...I doubt if they would have made 40 lakhs if names like KJo, Ranveer Deepika and Alia were not there...so it all depends who is ready to be roasted...without big names...there will not be a huge crowd even after all this publicity...
642126 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Oblivion111

At the rate at which they are getting publicity and playing martyrs I think they might get bravery award for cause of FoE by private organisations like Godfrey Philips or some other NRI/firangi outfit for "freedom". πŸ˜†

Trust me they must be lapping up this attention and are deliberately trying to fan this further. Their selective apology shows their attention hungry tactics.

You are right, people will check them out once to see what the hoopla is all about. It's a win win for these guys. They are not naive. They knew perfectly what they were doing. They got better response than what they designed their show for. πŸ˜‰
Edited by atominis - 9 years ago
firework thumbnail

Originally posted by: atominis

At the rate at which they are getting publicity and playing martyrs I think they might get bravery award for cause of FoE by private organisations like Godfrey Philips or some other NRI/firangi outfit for "freedom". πŸ˜†

Trust me they must be lapping up this attention and are deliberately trying to fan this further. Their selective apology shows their attention hungry tactics.

You are right, people will check them out once to see what the hoopla is all about. It's a win win for these guys. They are not naive. They knew perfectly what they were doing. They got better response than what they designed their show for. πŸ˜‰

Yeah, the apology seems to be so carefully crafted to show how nice they are.

They seem to put more thought in crafting an apology than a joke πŸ˜†

NoThanks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Tanmay, now this wasn't funny at all.
Now I hope that you get f**ked by a cactus.