Piya Mann Bhaye (GeoTv) - SamiKhan, UshnaShah, RababHashmi - Page 54

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

WabalMunni thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Don't follow Alvida ... but I think PMB's rating is more to do with time slot. Geo should have put PMB on a prime time slot maybe on some other day ... psychologically a 9 PM show is considered a second rate show.
Edited by 0o.Jaan-Jee.o0 - 9 years ago
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: 0o.Jaan-Jee.o0

Don't follow Alvida ... but I think PMB's rating is more to do with time slot. Geo should have put PMB on a prime time slot maybe on some other day ... psychologically a 9 PM show is considered a second rate show.

But general audience don't hv so much calculation in their head...they will watch a show irrespective of the day and timeou. And 9 pm is prime time too ...Even Ary has launched many new shows at 9 pm recently...it's better t. Extend the prime time slot as it's a wrong idea that people watch tv only from 8pm to 9pm and l shows hv to cluttered in that one hr only ...it's a very lame strategy and I m glad channel hv finally understood this and is launching new shows in other timeouts as well
grey23 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ABBY_JERAN

But general audience don't hv so much calculation in their head...they will watch a show irrespective of the day and timeou. And 9 pm is prime time too ...Even Ary has launched many new shows at 9 pm recently...it's better t. Extend the prime time slot as it's a wrong idea that people watch tv only from 8pm to 9pm and l shows hv to cluttered in that one hr only ...it's a very lame strategy and I m glad channel hv finally understood this and is launching new shows in other timeouts as well

but abby it is kinda true that people watch the shows more which r on 8 pm slot..it seems like the shows which airs at 8 pm r good...i can manage to watch the shows which airs at 8 pm in ary.so time slots matter..
WabalMunni thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Well historically this is how Pakistani households are engineered. There used to be one channel that is PTV before. At 8:00 PM PTV used to run all its main dramas and then at 9:00 PM it used to air news and after that political current affair talk shows etc. The whole family used to sit together and watch dramas at 8:00 PM and then at 9:00 mostly only men or people interested in news used to watch TV.
I do not know about the new generation but in our house the same pattern still follows. 2 years back when I was in Pak, I and my sis in law used to watch TV till 9, after that we used to leave remote for my father and brother to watch news or business or sports or whatever channels they like. So I think 9 PM is not considered a prime time drama slot in Pakistan.

grey23 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
QUOTE=RisingAsh]Ohh okk.. Same as Easter here in Europe na..

Chalo, Happy Besakhi again 🥳

N wht do u all do this day actually ? Just wanted to know... 😳
usually girls n boys wear traditional colour saris and kurtas,we eat traditional food.different types of events r organized to celebrate the day..colorful processions,concerts etc r held..young generation enjoy the day more..my mom is preparing delicious food for tomorrow :D i will wear sari and will go for movie and then will hang out with friends Embarrassed sorry for the long reply 😃
Edited by grey23 - 9 years ago
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Well, for me here in Europe.. Itz one hour difference.. As of shows airing at 8pm do air here at 9 n one airing at 9, air here at 10... So here we r ok till 9pm slot.. But then shows airing at 10pm have a minor issue as itz difficlut sometimes to watch tv at tht time.. Coz people usually need to go n sleep after their tasks..
For Piya Mann Bhaye only, here at home.. We r all set up till 10pm.. :P

I think it depends on the show.. If itz good.. Then it will attract more people n will gain TRPs.. Just like PMB.. But I agree if the show would come some other day with 8pm slot.. Then TRPs would be better...
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: grey23

QUOTE=RisingAsh]Ohh okk.. Same as Easter here in Europe na..

Chalo, Happy Besakhi again 🥳

N wht do u all do this day actually ? Just wanted to know... 😳

usually girls n boys wear traditional colour saris and kurtas,we eat traditional food.different types of events r organized to celebrate the day..colorful processions,concerts etc r held..young generation enjoy the day more..my mom is preparing delicious food for tomorrow :D i will wear sari and will go for movie and then will hang out with friends 😳 sorry for the long reply 😃

No no.. Not at all.. I actually enjoying reading this.. Wow.. U all have a lot of fun !! 😃

I hope u have a GREAT day tmrw n that u eat all yummyy-licious dishes 😳
Popo. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: 0o.Jaan-Jee.o0

Well historically this is how Pakistani households are engineered. There used to be one channel that is PTV before. At 8:00 PM PTV used to run all its main dramas and then at 9:00 PM it used to air news and after that political current affair talk shows etc. The whole family used to sit together and watch dramas at 8:00 PM and then at 9:00 mostly only men or people interested in news used to watch TV.
I do not know about the new generation but in our house the same pattern still follows. 2 years back when I was in Pak, I and my sis in law used to watch TV till 9, after that we used to leave remote for my father and brother to watch news or business or sports or whatever channels they like. So I think 9 PM is not considered a prime time drama slot in Pakistan.

Totally agree this is actually what happens in a normal households in Pakistan, it's not necessary as the trends are changing but in general 8pm drama's are still considered more important after that it's kinda optional.
.Shiva. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
add me i am liking this show😳
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: .Shiva.

<font color="#990099">add me i am liking this show😳</font>

Hey u a wahi I fan

Me too a wahi fan

And u r already added and very much welcome