Frequent Posters

-kri- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 9 years ago
That was beautifully written...
banglangmang thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I was missing your post for last few days, good to see it now. As usual beautiful writing! I enjoy reading philosophical thoughts. Please keep writing! 👏
Eyes-Wide-Shut thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Thank you for all your lovely comments 😊, I will come back and reply individually. On a friend's request I ended up adding the song Raabta to the post, had taken it out earlier for the reason of length but on insistence added it back. 
Eyes-Wide-Shut thumbnail

Thank you for appreciating the title, I was contemplating about it because it seems wordy but now that it sticks with you, I won't change it 😊
Eyes-Wide-Shut thumbnail

Originally posted by: Autumn.

Love all your posts.. You are one awesome writer. Brilliant!

Thank you very much for always reading my posts and commenting, I really appreciate it! 😊
Eyes-Wide-Shut thumbnail

Originally posted by: krikumar.91

That was beautifully written...

Thanks Kri! I am glad you could stop by and comment here. Always nice to hear from you 😊
Edited by Eyes-Wide-Shut - 9 years ago
nividances thumbnail
Wonderful post yet again! I'm glad that you added those lines from the song Raabta...it's one of my favorite songs and those lines really do fit so well here. I haven't heard the ghazal before (I don't really listen to ghazals) but the words and their meanings seem to go quite well with your analysis. Coming to the edit that you made, my comments are below.

Originally posted by: Eyes-Wide-Shut

Edit: Buddha mil gaya dance for me was a little out of character for me but then again this show hasn't explored Ishita's character to the fullest, maybe she was jovial before Subbu broke her heart, maybe she had a romantic bone in her and was afraid to show it till now. Either way there was a disconnect between me and that scene, and the problem is under exploration of Ishita's character. I really do hope we get to see Ishita open up about her past and we get to see another layer of Ishita. 

You're right that the dance seemed out of character for Ishita. I thought that initially as well but then I remembered an earlier conversation between Mihika and Shagun (when Shagun had first shifted to Mihir's house and Ishita had just returned home from the hospital). Thinking back to that scene, Shagun had made brownies and was passing a comment on how she would have added some wine to them if she knew Ishita would be eating them. Shagun had passed a comment that Ishita needs to relax and chill out, when Mihika had countered that her akka is the most "masti-filled" person ever, but only around those with whom she is comfortable. So today's dance I guess was our first glimpse at Ishita's romantic, flirty, and masti-filled side (it was probably also added for the entertainment quotient to appease viewers). We have seen Ishita joke around with Bala and Mani before, but it was the first time where we saw Ishita get boldly romantic and, dare I say, slightly naughty with Raman. Yes, there has been a dramatic under-exploration of Ishita's character since we have only seen her detective-giri, jhansi ki rani attitude, and motherly-sanskari emotions thus far. But I think that there is a lot more to Ishita that we as viewers have yet to see and find out. But I must say that on it's own, the episode was a good mix of humor and cute romance. I was literally laughing out loud at some points, but then the precap was the icing on the cake and has me just waiting with bated breath for tomorrow.
Eyes-Wide-Shut thumbnail

Originally posted by: banglangmang

I was missing your post for last few days, good to see it now. As usual beautiful writing! I enjoy reading philosophical thoughts. Please keep writing! 👏

Thank you very much for your kind words 😃, I am so humbled that you were missing my posts...I am glad you enjoy reading my disjointed ramblings 😊
Eyes-Wide-Shut thumbnail

Originally posted by: nividances

Wonderful post yet again! I'm glad that you added those lines from the song Raabta...it's one of my favorite songs and those lines really do fit so well here. I haven't heard the ghazal before (I don't really listen to ghazals) but the words and their meanings seem to go quite well with your analysis. Coming to the edit that you made, my comments are below.

You're right that the dance seemed out of character for Ishita. I thought that initially as well but then I remembered an earlier conversation between Mihika and Shagun (when Shagun had first shifted to Mihir's house and Ishita had just returned home from the hospital). Thinking back to that scene, Shagun had made brownies and was passing a comment on how she would have added some wine to them if she knew Ishita would be eating them. Shagun had passed a comment that Ishita needs to relax and chill out, when Mihika had countered that her akka is the most "masti-filled" person ever, but only around those with whom she is comfortable. So today's dance I guess was our first glimpse at Ishita's romantic, flirty, and masti-filled side (it was probably also added for the entertainment quotient to appease viewers). We have seen Ishita joke around with Bala and Mani before, but it was the first time where we saw Ishita get boldly romantic and, dare I say, slightly naughty with Raman. Yes, there has been a dramatic under-exploration of Ishita's character since we have only seen her detective-giri, jhansi ki rani attitude, and motherly-sanskari emotions thus far. But I think that there is a lot more to Ishita that we as viewers have yet to see and find out. But I must say that on it's own, the episode was a good mix of humor and cute romance. I was literally laughing out loud at some points, but then the precap was the icing on the cake and has me just waiting with bated breath for tomorrow.

Thank you Nivi! I did think of the scene that you mentioned between Mihika and Shagun while watching the buddha dance scene, I guess I was expecting a small gesture of her comfort with Raman before this full on jovial/naughty dance with him. Like you mentioned I loved how comfortable she is with Raman that she willingly holds his hand, dances in front of him and has eyelocks that would send a million angels into heaven. I really do hope they explore her character more because this show deserves a well layered strong female character like Ishita. 
Tomorrow will be a treat! I expect to see you tomorrow with your take 😊

Edit: Jagjit Singh is a gold mine of talent! Try exploring his ghazals if you get a chance 😊
Edited by Eyes-Wide-Shut - 9 years ago
Bombaytola thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
👏Love love love your comments. U have such a novel way of looking at human emotions. Its very refreshing. Not sure if u write ss but u should . Have read most of ur posts from Index u made thanks for that too. 
Todays post ; love the part of reason for disconnect to the song. It might be quite possible Ishita was a fun loving person before subbu break up.