Views

Users

Frequent Posters

EkPahelii thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: Eyes-Wide-Shut

[

Aani πŸ˜Š, Thank you for always writing thought provoking responses and as always this is brilliant! I am happy that you like the title, I was most comfortable making this post because i see beauty in old age, and if you have someone to enjoy the journey of aging then all the more beautiful. Baghban is an apt fit for the topic and those lines that you mention, heartbreaking yet so romantic. 

I do not why but i loved the hand holding scene, it just spoke volumes to me more than the dance or anything else in the episode. 

i am a true buddhi so i enjoyed the subtle hand holding and being there for each other compared to sexy dancing, so that song could very well would have been sung for me, Puttar and I are in the same boat πŸ˜†

Hey thanks Doc and dont worry am an old soul too the handhold scene was beautiful to me too especially because once the shock was overcome he clasped onto her hand just as tightly, he understands she had seeked him out without even being conscious of the fact in the slightest, which is why when she wants to clap she realizes he is holding her hand..and his words - Mujhe laga tumhe buddhape ka sahara chahiye - what a beautiful line  isnt that what a life partner is, especially at an age when love, real love reigns supreme which isnt clouded by any physicality or sexualness - though there is no rule against it πŸ˜³ - but at that age all you want is someone to hold your hand, someone to be around you just because, someone who knows you, someone you can talk too. 

The age when you have retired, have kids who are settled and no responsibilities other than perhaps taking care of your grandkids and playing with them, guiding your kids as and when they need you , that dialogue reminded me of a verse from a lovely old song too

Tu dhaar hai nadiyaa ki, main teraa kinaaraa hoon
Tu meraa sahaaraa hai, main teraa sahaaraa hoon
Edited by EkPaheli - 9 years ago
janu12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Late.. but updated on Page 1πŸ˜›
Eyes-Wide-Shut thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: EkPaheli

Hey thanks Doc and dont worry am an old soul too the handhold scene was beautiful to me too especially because once the shock was overcome he clasped onto her hand just as tightly, he understand she had seeked him out without even being conscious of the fact in the slightest, which is why when she wants to clap she realizes he is holding her hand..and his words - Mujhe laga tumhe buddhape ka sahara chahiye - what a beautiful line  isnt that what a life partner is, especially at an age when love, real love reigns supreme which isnt clouded by any physicality or sexualness - though there is no rule against it πŸ˜³ - but at that age all you want is someone to hold your hand, someone to be around you just because, someone who knows you, someone you can talk too. 

The age when you have retired, have kids who are settled and no responsibilities other than perhaps taking care of your grandkids and playing with them, guiding your kids as and when they need you , that dialogue reminded me of a verse from a lovely old song too

Tu dhaar hai nadiyaa ki, main teraa kinaaraa hoon
Tu meraa sahaaraa hai, main teraa sahaaraa hoon

Aani you just painted such a beautiful picture that I can't wait to grow old with my Raman πŸ˜³, I love the song, Ek pyar ka nagma, such lyrical beauty πŸ˜Š
Eyes-Wide-Shut thumbnail

Originally posted by: janu12345

Doc...this post has left me like this... β˜ΊοΈβ˜ΊοΈβ˜ΊοΈ

I am speechless... loved each and everything you said the post!!! β€οΈπŸ˜³ Loved how you compared their love for each other... and the lines in between!😳

Raman said in one episode.. "yaadon ka kya hain naye bann jayenge"... and its amazing seeing that happen in their own RKB JKR style...πŸ˜›πŸ˜³ 

(With your previous post..I got hooked to Zindagi Gulzar Hain.. the song!😳 )

Thank you Janu πŸ˜Š, I am glad you enjoyed the post. That line about memories and how see it unfolding in front of our eyes is a treat to watch πŸ˜³

Janu the more you will listen ZGH song, the more you will fall in love with it. So much depth in it, you find something new every time you listen to it.
Edited by Eyes-Wide-Shut - 9 years ago
shanry thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

...when she held his hand she and he reciprocated by tightening his grip...

That was the most awesome part of the WHOLE episode for me - I've actually watched that moment a number of times now πŸ˜³
.Rajji. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
BAE! πŸ€—❀️
So i'm the bad kid who's hella late, but i hope you don't mind. I'm AAE right now (after anyone elseπŸ˜†) but you know me, i don't like being stressed into replies so i take my time. Anyways. I'm here now. And i'm sure everything has already been said and discussed but i still want to reply. Because i'm stubborn. πŸ˜†

First of all, of course, beautiful collage made by ganu ! huggies to her ! 

"Old age brings maturity, understanding, surety, and the ability to know oneself."
Raman and Ishita are destined (i'm using this word because it's about TV show characters, it's way more complicated in real life of course) and meant to be with each other and they'll probably stay together until one of them die. This, a few month ago made me almost feel sad that they are already in their 30's because they could have had 10 more years together of they had met sooner. But then i thought, and that joins in with your post, 10 years ago, if they had gotten together, they maybe wouldn't have lasted. Now the version they are, is their true self. And they know who they are themselves and that's really important. You have to love yourself before letting anyone love you but knowing oneself is just as important. 

"old age is slow, beautiful and manages to unravel the deeper feelings of being in love, slowly layer by layer"
That was beautifully said. πŸ‘

The more time passes, the more they are being themselves and FAITHFUL to what they truly are. The more time passes, the more they shine. Life throws curveballs right and left and with that, IshRa individually and together, become stronger and i dare say, a better version of themselves. 

"There is a small difference in our love, I am in a hurry while you want to take things slow."
Time passed in their lives before they met, but now that they are married, it's still passing, slowly with not much happening. But it's just how it should be. The more they take their time, the more perfectly it'll all fall together in the end. They are assembling each other, piece by piece and putting every fiber of their being into this task. 

"He challenges her purposely to win over his mother, and then to win over his daughter"
Lately i had a hard time getting over the MU non-resolution and i didn't like that much having so many romantic moments right afterwards because i was still feeling cheated. But that moment : raman entangling ishita into his life was SUBTLE enough for me to wholly accept it. I really really liked it. 

"victory came to him because he so graciously lost his battle to love. "
Do you hear me clapping? Because i am.πŸ‘β­οΈ

"While Raman wants to shout from the roof top, Ishita wants to savor his inner voice"
That's a beautiful interpretation of the "saree vs sexy outfit" situation.

Ishita holding Raman's hand was surprising to me at first, but then i understood that this moment was a connection. They can't openly love each other yet, but they can unit together witnessing someone else's love. 

"For Raman love is like a teenage child that needs to be tamed by wild passion, whereas for Ishita love is like an infant that needs to be cradled and coddled with intimacy."
A poet you are, doc ! 

"the math of right and wrong can be done all life long."
I'm deciding right now that this is the line that will gave me the closure i wanted for the MU track. Thank you for this.

At the end of the "buddha dance" (which didn't phase me at all, yes it was A LOT and TOO SUDDEN but this is the Ishita she was before Subbu broke her.) they finally admitted to one another that they are human being with passion and fire inside of them. They still tip toe around the notion of love when they are together, but they are made of flesh and blood and nothing will erase it, not even their stubbornness to pretend they're not in love.

That quote of Ishiguro is everything and it fits into your post like it was made for it. 
I'll just add that thinking of past years like wasted ones really makes me sad. Life is life and there should be little to no place for regrets. 
You do something, you regret it, it becomes a mistake. 
You do something, you learn from it, it becomes experience. 
Everything good or bad, has its place in our life, in one way or another. But i'm going on a tangent here, so i'll stop myself. 

They wanted to deny that they needed love, thinking it was the way to mend their broken heart but now they know better : letting love back in their lives is the thing that will mend them. 

I don't know if i made much sense, but i just wanted to chit chat with you. It's friday night, i'm under the blanket, with a warm tea in hand and some music, i've bailed on some dinner with friends to stay cozy inside and i'm glad i saved your post for right now, i had a beautiful time reading and replying to it. 

Much much love. *tightest huggies*❀️
Edited by rajji-cutest - 9 years ago
Eyes-Wide-Shut thumbnail

Originally posted by: rajji-cutest

BAE! πŸ€—❀️

So i'm the bad kid who's hella late, but i hope you don't mind. I'm AAE right now (after anyone elseπŸ˜†) but you know me, i don't like being stressed into replies so i take my time. Anyways. I'm here now. And i'm sure everything has already been said and discussed but i still want to reply. Because i'm stubborn. πŸ˜†

BAE β€οΈ, you can comment anytime you want to, no pressure at all! I am just glad you came and commented πŸ˜Š

First of all, of course, beautiful collage made by ganu ! huggies to her ! Agreed G is awesome! 

"Old age brings maturity, understanding, surety, and the ability to know oneself."
Raman and Ishita are destined (i'm using this word because it's about TV show characters, it's way more complicated in real life of course) and meant to be with each other and they'll probably stay together until one of them die. This, a few month ago made me almost feel sad that they are already in their 30's because they could have had 10 more years together of they had met sooner. But then i thought, and that joins in with your post, 10 years ago, if they had gotten together, they maybe wouldn't have lasted. Now the version they are, is their true self. And they know who they are themselves and that's really important. You have to love yourself before letting anyone love you but knowing oneself is just as important. There is always a right time for everything, and you are spot on when you say that maybe had they gotten together 10 years ago they wouldn't have lasted for sure. These two are who they are now because of the ups and downs that they have faced in their past. 

"old age is slow, beautiful and manages to unravel the deeper feelings of being in love, slowly layer by layer"
That was beautifully said. πŸ‘

The more time passes, the more they are being themselves and FAITHFUL to what they truly are. The more time passes, the more they shine. Life throws curveballs right and left and with that, IshRa individually and together, become stronger and i dare say, a better version of themselves. BAE you izzz so mature πŸ˜Š, you have to be faithful to yourself before you can be faithful to your partner, you can't love someone else if you can't love yourself.

"There is a small difference in our love, I am in a hurry while you want to take things slow."
Time passed in their lives before they met, but now that they are married, it's still passing, slowly with not much happening. But it's just how it should be. The more they take their time, the more perfectly it'll all fall together in the end. They are assembling each other, piece by piece and putting every fiber of their being into this task. 

"He challenges her purposely to win over his mother, and then to win over his daughter"
Lately i had a hard time getting over the MU non-resolution and i didn't like that much having so many romantic moments right afterwards because i was still feeling cheated. But that moment : raman entangling ishita into his life was SUBTLE enough for me to wholly accept it. I really really liked it. I am with you on this Fallon, I was craving for that conversation but when he said that line looking in the mirror following her retreating figure, my heart kind of moved on and accepted that these two broken individuals have found their niche, they want to get immersed in each other's lives to such an extent that the boundaries between them become nonexistent. 

"victory came to him because he so graciously lost his battle to love. "
Do you hear me clapping? Because i am.πŸ‘β­οΈ Thanks πŸ˜³

"While Raman wants to shout from the roof top, Ishita wants to savor his inner voice"
That's a beautiful interpretation of the "saree vs sexy outfit" situation.

Ishita holding Raman's hand was surprising to me at first, but then i understood that this moment was a connection. They can't openly love each other yet, but they can unit together witnessing someone else's love. This scene was so endearing and touched my heart, all girls no matter the age or the maturity level melt into a pool of puddle when they see someone professing their love. Ishita, a mature lady did the same and she felt love around her and she did what came naturally to her, she just reached for his hand πŸ˜³

"For Raman love is like a teenage child that needs to be tamed by wild passion, whereas for Ishita love is like an infant that needs to be cradled and coddled with intimacy."
A poet you are, doc ! Stop it you!

"the math of right and wrong can be done all life long."
I'm deciding right now that this is the line that will gave me the closure i wanted for the MU track. Thank you for this.

At the end of the "buddha dance" (which didn't phase me at all, yes it was A LOT and TOO SUDDEN but this is the Ishita she was before Subbu broke her.) they finally admitted to one another that they are human being with passion and fire inside of them. They still tip toe around the notion of love when they are together, but they are made of flesh and blood and nothing will erase it, not even their stubbornness to pretend they're not in love. True a lot of people are saying that Ishita was probably like this before subbu. 

That quote of Ishiguro is everything and it fits into your post like it was made for it. 
I'll just add that thinking of past years like wasted ones really makes me sad. Life is life and there should be little to no place for regrets. 
You do something, you regret it, it becomes a mistake. 
You do something, you learn from it, it becomes experience. 
Everything good or bad, has its place in our life, in one way or another. But i'm going on a tangent here, so i'll stop myself. Beautiful tangent! πŸ˜ƒ

They wanted to deny that they needed love, thinking it was the way to mend their broken heart but now they know better : letting love back in their lives is the thing that will mend them. And i am so glad they are accepting the fact, Raman after throwing all the condoms at Ishita finally accepted he is in LOVE β€οΈ puttar is crazy πŸ˜†

I don't know if i made much sense, but i just wanted to chit chat with you. It's friday night, i'm under the blanket, with a warm tea in hand and some music, i've bailed on some dinner with friends to stay cozy inside and i'm glad i saved your post for right now, i had a beautiful time reading and replying to it.  I love chit chatting with my BAE, this is our Friday night/evening date πŸ˜³. I had fun reading your reply...let's continue our Friday dates! πŸ˜Š

Much much love. *tightest huggies*❀️

Eyes-Wide-Shut thumbnail

Originally posted by: shanry

That was the most awesome part of the WHOLE episode for me - I've actually watched that moment a number of times now πŸ˜³

For me too! That was the moment that touched me the most πŸ˜Š
.Rajji. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

BAE β€οΈ, you can comment anytime you want to, no pressure at all! I am just glad you came and commented πŸ˜Š those words are heaven to my eyes.😳

BAE you izzz so mature πŸ˜Š Hi-fi for the old souls out there, being more mature than our actual age is our fate.πŸ˜†
you have to be faithful to yourself before you can be faithful to your partner, you can't love someone else if you can't love yourself.

I am with you on this Fallon, I was craving for that conversation but when he said that line looking in the mirror following her retreating figure, my heart kind of moved on and accepted that these two broken individuals have found their niche, they want to get immersed in each other's lives to such an extent that the boundaries between them become nonexistent. That's the way to see it ! I'm totally on board with you on this one !

This scene was so endearing and touched my heart, all girls no matter the age or the maturity level melt into a pool of puddle when they see someone professing their love. Ishita, a mature lady did the same and she felt love around her and she did what came naturally to her, she just reached for his hand πŸ˜³ They say, beautiful moments are only meaningful when shared with loved ones... 

A poet you are, doc ! Stop it you! NEVERπŸ˜†

And i am so glad they are accepting the fact, Raman after throwing all the condoms at Ishita finally accepted he is in LOVE β€οΈ puttar is crazy πŸ˜† So true! Is was not being sophisticated RKB but crazy puttar at this moment ! 

I love chit chatting with my BAE, this is our Friday night/evening date πŸ˜³. I had fun reading your reply...let's continue our Friday dates! πŸ˜Š I'm blocking as many friday's night as I can foryou BAE!πŸ˜ƒ

Eyes-Wide-Shut thumbnail

BAE πŸ€—we must do this next Friday! β€οΈ