Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

975902 thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Pity Dia. That so cruel Boman.When you make commitment it's not cool to not show up..!
Edited by DY.chakravarty - 9 years ago
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Is this for real? That's so wrong on Boman's part. Really upsetting. For a girl, a wedding is the most important day of her life. That's really sad.

But wishing Dia a very happily married life.
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
That's awful. Of all days to not honor a commitment.

982969 thumbnail
I don't think anyone would have minded from HNY team if he wasn't there to promote. Highly doubt anyone can be as cruel to hold him back. So this one is onto him. Such a cruel thing to do especially when a girl gives out the special place of a father on her wedding. Booo, don't think I can see him in the same light anymore.
Edited by Fiery.Phoenix - 9 years ago
MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Can't he just inform her about that..do we live in stone age 😳
BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Sounds dramatic. Did this really happen? If so, Boman that was very mean
998331 thumbnail

Boman Irani to do Dia Mirza's Kanyadaan'

Posted By: Daliya Ghose On Thursday, 16th October 2014,11:10

Actor Boman Irani is a fatherly figure to Dia Mirza. On October 18th, Dia is going to tie the knot with her boyfriend Sahil Sangha in Delhi and Boman Irani will be doing Dia's Kanyadaan'. He will do all the rituals of a father.

"Boman Irani is someone who I've always called pop and share a special bond with. When we were shooting for Lage Raho Munnabhai, he said, Whenever you're getting married, I'd like to give you away.' So, he's going to be performing all the rituals that a father needs to perform at the ceremony.

The bride talks as what going through her mind, Dia says, "The wedding preparations are on in full swing."

"There's a lot of excitement, I have my family arriving from all over the world, I've had friends trickling in since Wednesday, there's too much going on. For me, the most amazing part so far has been welcoming everybody and seeing so many people after years."

The Hyderabad-born girl is basking in the love and attention of her near and dear ones. Dia says, "I've grown up in a nuclear family environment and have never been exposed to a large family and Sahil's family is enormous. It's really been wonderful meeting all of them and getting to know them. It's a time of joy and love, and I feel overwhelmed. A lot of what you feel as a bride is about how others are feeling around you. All of your emotions are an extension of what everybody around you is feeling, there's joy, tears, laughter, all of it."

"Ritu Kumar has designed my main wedding joda. It was a promise I made to her when I was 18 years old and I had stars in my eyes when I asked her one day when I get married will you do my clothes?' She promised me she would, and I am so excited after all these years that she's actually made a beautiful joda for me and I can't wait to wear it. Shantanu and Nikhil have designed my post wedding ceremony dinner outfit and I am wearing Anita Dongre at the sangeet."

It's been reported that the couple will have an Arya Samaj ritual. Speaking about the same, Dia says, "I have grown up with so many different influences in my life. My father was German, my step-dad was Muslim, my mother is Bengali and Sahil is a Punjabi. I'm very spiritual and the three days, mehendi, sangeet and the wedding day itself will see a beautiful amalgamation of different rituals that both Sahil and I have loved, and wanted them to be a part of our day. Our main wedding ceremony will be in the Arya Samaj.

"We're spending Diwali with the family in Delhi given that it's just around the corner. After that we will be returning to Mumbai. We're starting our next production so we need to work on that, and it made more sense to go away for honeymoon around New Year as nobody works during that time of the year. I have no idea where we're going.

Jiyagulabi_26 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Dia is so kind hearted . Boman could have taken one day for her. Specially when u promised someone.
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Sounds terrible! I believe Dia's biological dad is no more or she isnt in touch with him. But she is pretty close to her step father. Why didnt she ask him to do the rituals?
998331 thumbnail

Originally posted by: RockChicGirl

Sounds terrible! I believe Dia's biological dad is no more or she isnt in touch with him. But she is pretty close to her step father. Why didnt she ask him to do the rituals?

Her biological father died when she was 9, and the step father died in 2003.