Chicago South Asian Fest to Premiere Boman Irani's The Mehta Boys

Movie Discussions

cuteluv thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 days ago

The Mehta Boys: Boman Irani's Directorial Debut Set for World Premiere at Chicago South Asian Film Festival

The Mehta Boys Poster

Actor Boman Irani's highly anticipated directorial debut, The Mehta Boys, is set to make its international premiere at the 15th Annual Chicago South Asian Film Festival (CSAFF). The film, starring Boman Irani, Avinash Tiwari, and Shreya Chaudhary, has been selected for screening at this prestigious festival, highlighting notable works in South Asian cinema.

Boman Irani expressed his excitement on social media, "The only thing I did early in life was get married and have kids. Everything else took its own sweet time. My directorial debut, The Mehta Boys, took not just a sweet, but maybe even a sweeter amount of time. The idea that 'life is a race' is nonsense, probably said by some annoying old man. But here we are, and when it finally happens, it shouldn't just be sweet…it should be spectacular! This film took years, but my heart races with joy and anticipation. A World Premiere! In Chicago! My family, cast, producers, and friends will be there to hold my happy hand for the biggest night since my wedding, the birth of my kids, my first stage appearance, my first movie, my first award, my first autograph… I could go on. Reflecting on all this, I'm glad it took so much time. If you've read this far, thank you for indulging my childlike joy."

Boman Irani - The Mehta Boys Picture

The Mehta Boys will be available on Amazon Prime Video. The film follows a father and son who are at odds but are forced to spend 48 hours together, promising a heartfelt and gripping exploration of family dynamics.

Co-written by Boman Irani and Oscar-winning writer Alex Dinelaris, The Mehta Boys is produced by Irani Movietone and Chalkboard Entertainment. In previous years, films like Heroine, Margarita, With A Straw, Dum Laga Ke Haisha, and Masaan have also been screened at the Chicago South Asian Film Festival.