Boman Irani ditches Dia at the mandap

998331 thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Boman Irani ditches Dia at the mandap

Aastha Nandrajog

Dia Mirza's picture-perfect wedding in Delhi on Saturday was marred by her adoptive dad Boman Irani's baffling absence. He was supposed to perform all the rituals from the bride's father's side. Dia and Boman had a struck an emotional deal when they worked together in Raj Kumar Hirani's Lage Raho Munnabhai (he played her father in the film) that whenever she got married, he would play her father's role at the wedding.

True to her word, Dia invited Boman to preside at her wedding as her father. His non-appearance at the last minute sent shock waves. Says a friend of the bride, "Dia is a wonderful soul, a truly kindred spirit who believes in life-long commitments. When she had invited Boman to take her father's place at her wedding she meant it from her heart. Boman readily agreed to be there. He however let down his adopted daughter on the most important day of her life."

Dia was apparently in shock. "The girl was in tears. There was panic at the wedding trying to find someone suitable to replace Boman at the last minute," says Dia's friend.

Apparently Boman couldn't make it as he was promoting Happy New Year.

What a shame!

Published Date: Oct 21, 2014

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dhartiamber thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
What a shame i expected Boman to be a better person
ISano thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
tht was sooo not done boman ji..
promise karo hi maat if u have fulfill it
moniluvskinshuk thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
That was really really Wrong and very bad of Boman to do that . Nothing would have affected if he would have even Skipped HNY promotion as He is just playing Supporting Actor there in the movie .
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

That wasn't nice of him. Don't make a commitment if you cannot keep it.

Unless he had contractual obligations to promote HNY.

HarveySpecter thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Dia was apparently in shock. "The girl was in tears. There was panic at the wedding trying to find someone suitable to replace Boman at the last minute," says Dia's friend.

That's hysterical. Finding a replacement for your father at the last minute. 🤣

I think Boman said that to Dia to tell her how close she is to him, but I guess she took it literally. In that case, Boman would have been baffled to be expected to live up to the 'promise'.😆

But if he was serious then he should have made it clear to Dia earlier so that she wouldn't have ran from pole to pole to find her father, I mean the replacement. 😆

Btw it's funny Boman shows up at every random promotional event of HNY (can it release already 😡), but has no time to live up to his words.
RaithaPhailGaya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I guess he had some contract that he will promote the movie every day.. Cant get into bad books of srk by ditching the contract
kingmessi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
That's a pretty shitty thing to do lbr.
BeingChevi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
W*F. That's so terrible 😳 Poor Dia
JungFrau thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Looks like that live in the era where phones were not available