Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TwilightStar_JP thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
Its very important to have Hopes and Ambitions in life and I guess this moment is for some H&A

Cheers
pixiegirl thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
First off, a huge thanks for updating Shweta. This time the wait seemed to be interminable for some reason...

Pardon me for feeling a little smug about predicting two things correctly, a) Arnav's reaction at the news of the baby and b) Rajan Shukla being a rat of the first order.

Well, to the good things first. Arnav's reaction was PRICELESS!!!! Beautifully written Shweta, take a bow.

His acute shock at the news was palpable & ultra-cute. His desire to have a normal life with Khushi with family & kids was materializing in front of his eyes & he could barely digest the fact. His dreams didn't usually come true. His innermost desires didn't often come to fruition. He was used to his dreams being thwarted or shoved away callously. No wonder he was rendered speechless. He could hardly believe what his ears told him. His mind became numb, could hardly process the information given to him. It took a long time for the news to sink in, and when it did, boy! was he glad or what. :)))

Aman's voice fell on deaf ears. Arnav kept imagining himself as a dad. The feeling was completely overwhelming. He was over the moon at the thought of receiving this privilege of holding someone his very own in his arms, very soon. He was thrilled at the thought of becoming a papa. It came as a surprise even to him because he had dared not hope for such happiness in his life. He was scared to even think along those lines lest his dreams be dashed cruelly by fate. Is it any surprise that this news that made him incredibly happy had left him flummoxed?? He sure deserves his share of happiness quite literally, and about time I must say.

Through all this though, he realized equally quickly that poor Khushi would be sacrificing her youth yet again. Loved his concern for Khushi at this life-altering news. Even in his infinite joy, he recognized her needs only too well and offered a way out... Unfortunately, he lost sight of one tiny fact, & that was, he had married a warrior princess. Khushi is a woman of incredible strength and positive outlook on life. She knows how to make things work and that's exactly what she told him. 😃

I loved the "What? Says who??" dialog again. Poor things, each misunderstanding the other's reaction. But am so glad they sorted it out quickly and the sun was shining brightly on the soon-to-be-parents again. I loved the way Arnav declined to share the news with his family just yet... He is still is in seventh heaven & wants to savor the news a little bit longer in private. "besides I want us to enjoy the news for a little bit longer." Their combined joy & enthusiasm was certainly infectious. I hope it gives Aman enough strength to grow a pair & take a good hard look at his own emotions & life. He has to man up to his feelings & stop wallowing in his guilt forever. Loved the snub Anjali gave him. Was super glad to see Arnav get a first glimpse of their reaction to each other. Hope Khushi can also solidify his doubts soon.

But the best part had to be this...

"It felt good to share these utterly pleasurable moments with Khushi again. To see her smile,to hear her tinkling laughter warmed the deep recesses of his soul. Somewhere Arnav was also content because he believed that the 'on hibernate' status of his marriage will soon see a much needed change. I wouldn't be counting my chickens so prematurely if I were Arnav. He sure is underestimating his tigress on this one. 😉 Though he didn't want to get emotionally tangled, he still couldn't bear the idea of Khushi choosing to leave him, and slyly he acknowledged this development will also bind her to him. And at the moment, he was satisfied with that. " 👏 👏 Aww, is that man a goner or what. Though Arnav is still chicken at the thought of acknowledging his feelings for Khushi, he sure has turned a tad bit possessive. 😉

The farewell to his family was as expected, thoda meetha, thoda khatta. Glad to see his relationship improving with Aakash. That was sound advice Arnav gave to a depressed Aakash. Yes, happiness spreads happiness just like success breeds success.

After such good news, I really don't want to talk about the rat Rajan Shukla. We will cross the bridge when we come to it. And I want to see Jhangid behind bars again ASAP.

Congratulations!!! Are in order for the new parents-to-be!! And eagerly waiting to welcome the first family at the CM's residence in Bhopal!!

Fantastic chapter Shweta, but have to add, please don't make us wait this long for the next one.
Edited by pixiegirl - 10 years ago
Arshi67 thumbnail
r

Shweta Thank you for updating :)

I loved how you wrote of them standing in the middle... a village on one side, from where she came, and Arnav's entourage on the other side, where she's headed. Quite symbolic of their journey so far I thought.
And her turn of phrase is getting more and more brilliant by the day!!! "Or we intend to wait here till I decide to deliver?" Absolutely epic! and another one "stop scanning my stomach"
And as IPKians we should be used to crucial moments being interrupted ... but this conversation was definitely better concluded in the privacy of their room.
Your writing made me feel all the emotions Arnav was going through. His Unbelievable 'says who', his Really 'I am going to be a Dad', his sheer joy after he vocalized his news to Aman.
And even amidst that euphoria, he's still thinking of her happiness, her hopes and ambitions! And yet he continues to say he doesn't want to be 'emotionally entangled'. When will he accept what she really means to him.
He seems to be always hankering for a 'normal' life. But until he realises that there is no such thing, he will never be truly content.
Am always amazed at his magnanimity every time I read about his interactions with Akaash. Do wish he'd practice this aphorism himself - "the man who is not happy can't make anyone else happy"
Good to see his shaatir dimaag being exercised, albeit briefly, when he witnessed that small by play between Aman and Anjali.
Shukla and Shyam - repulsive, repugnant and out for his blood. Devi Maiyaa Raksha karna hamare CMji ki!

Edited by Arshi67 - 10 years ago
sman thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
first of all thxxx a lot Shweta for such a wonderful update..I can't stop LOL with the "says who" dialogue..Arnav wishes baby will make his life normal..he doesnt know Kushi is a tough nut to crack ;-) very well written..
that shukla guy is dangerous..I hope the new assistant is planted by Aman..
what will shyam do with Anjali's wedding now? I hope he will not do some harm to Anjali..!!

great update as usual Shweta..
anu1017 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Awesome update Swetha!!! Loved it :-)

Omg Arnav and his funny reaction was too good, phew he did not go it into some kind of weird moods that he usually tends to go into but just embraced the new addition that is going to join!!!

Shyam is scaring, please don't harm khushi and the baby as that would be a very big blow to her!!!!!
Edited by anu1017 - 10 years ago
ranogill thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
wonderful...both arnav and khushi happy with the baby...and how the way arnav thinking that baby will bind khushi to him for lifelong, i loved it ..he will realise his feeling soon...what we can say about shyam the ugly face of our politicians ..i am bit worried about anjali lets hope arnav can solve this puzzle ..awesome story
anaidama thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Bechari Khushi. If only I could tell her in person "What? Says who?" is a much much much better reaction than "So I hit the bulls eye, huh?"
Sigh. 🤔

You have your chance, Arnav. Dont mess it up with Khushi now.
And why do I get the feeling that Shyam knows something about Rishi that Aman with all of his awesome sauce skills weren't able to decipher?

And what will happen to our Aman and Anjali? I think more than the equation between Arnav and Khushi, I am more intrigued by what will happen to this couple.

Love the way the story is progressing, Shweta. Especially with Shyam and his shenanigans. Love the balance of white, grey and black in your story.

Janu75 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Wow!shweta! Who says what!?
So finally chikna netha and his chikni biwi enjoyed their moments!
Edited by Janu75 - 10 years ago
jyothirockz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Wow... That was a great update... Can't believe Shyam still harbours such opinion about Arnavs ability to rule n party n state... Hope he won't do anything horrible to Anjali or Khushi...
meera06 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Its was good to see that Arnav accepted the news happily albeit slowly ..and boy did he have to ask say's who again to Khushi..but it was fun to read..I just hope that things work well for them from here.
Glad that Arnav noticed the changes in Anjali when asked about accompanying them to airport with Aman.
What is Shyam planning to do?Hopefully he will not try to physically harm Arnav or Khushi...Before he does some major destruction Arhi's lives.I just hope that his ex assistant approaches Arnav with some solid proof against Shyam