Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SindhuMenon thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: RadhikaS0

First Tamy, now you - all reminding me of Abhay and his love for the MUZ. 😊

I had no idea at all about her till I met Abhay. And his love for her washed over me too. 😳

She was a great lady. Very courageous. And I agree with your view that the political conditions at the time of Akbar's demise might have been responsible for binding the MUZ and preventing her from joining her husband.

Like Tamy said, if Abhay were here, we could have very well discussed the historical aspect of this question and got our doubts cleared.

@bold: agree with you. we all miss u Abhay and ur informative posts. pls come back
AKT.JA thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

My husband absolutely hates it when I tell him that I love our son more than him. 😆 But I got your point. A mother takes precedence over a wife. 😊

Nothing personal ever, but just a comment about our country...

I think a good case can be made that Indian parents are over-involved in their children's life which interferes with the emotional and social growth of children, and leads saas-bahu tensions and much of family politics and melodrama.

I would recommend the attitude that your husband/wife is your true partner for all of life. Children are on loan from God for a few years. Nourish them, do your duties, but also keep your distance, give them room to grow away from you, and eventually let them drift away into their own life.

I know that most Indian parents will not like this counsel. :)

Edited by AKT.JA - 10 years ago
Rashmi81 thumbnail

Originally posted by: AKT.JA

Nothing personal ever, but just a comment about our country...

I think a good case can be made that Indian parents are over-involved in their children's life which interferes with the emotional and social growth of children, and leads saas-bahu tensions and much of family politics and melodrama.

I would recommend the attitude that your husband/wife is your true partner for all of life. Children are on loan from God for a few years. Nourish them, do your duties, but also keep your distance, give them room to grow away from you, and eventually let them drift away into their own life.

I know that most Indian parents will not like this counsel. :)

What brilliant answer you have given.Well my case is same as Radhika ,my husband also thinks the same about me and my son.And I also feel like you that we ,Indians,emotionally get involved a lot with our kids and when they grow up then we have this empty nest syndrome.

RadhikaS0 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Rashmi81

What brilliant answer you have given.Well my case is same as Radhika ,my husband also thinks the same about me and my son.And I also feel like you that we ,Indians,emotionally get involved a lot with our kids and when they grow up then we have this empty nest syndrome.

Hi AKT,

My remark was in jest, but I agree with you about one thing. A spouse is a life-long companion. 😊

As parents, we should not get over-involved in our children's lives or make them too dependent on us for everything. But, this is different from loving. Parents can never stop loving their children, no matter how grown-up they may be. This kind of parent-child love (esp mother-child love) is different from a husband-wife love and the two cannot be compared or one considered superior to the other.

However, I feel we are digressing from the original point. What Rashmi meant was that Jodha could not die along with her husband, in spite of having spent around 43 years with him as his shadow and having stood by him when his son Salim revolted against him. This is because she was not just a wife but also a mother and a queen mother and she had to fulfill her obligations.

Jodha, as we can currently see in the show, is not one to hide behind emotions and shirk her responsibilities. Her strength is that she can hide her pain and face the job in hand with courage and grace. This is how she might have reacted upon Akbar's death, just as we can see her reacting now to the news of his supposed death and an attack by the enemy on the harem.
Rashmi81 thumbnail

Hi AKT,

My remark was in jest, but I agree with you about one thing. A spouse is a life-long companion. 😊

As parents, we should not get over-involved in our children's lives or make them too dependent on us for everything. But, this is different from loving. Parents can never stop loving their children, no matter how grown-up they may be. This kind of parent-child love (esp mother-child love) is different from a husband-wife love and the two cannot be compared or one considered superior to the other.

However, I feel we are digressing from the original point. What Rashmi meant was that Jodha could not die along with her husband, in spite of having spent around 43 years with him as his shadow and having stood by him when his son Salim revolted against him. This is because she was not just a wife but also a mother and a queen mother and she had to fulfill her obligations.

Jodha, as we can currently see in the show, is not one to hide behind emotions and shirk her responsibilities. Her strength is that she can hide her pain and face the job in hand with courage and grace. This is how she might have reacted upon Akbar's death, just as we can see her reacting now to the news of his supposed death and an attack by the enemy on the harem.

Radhika,
Very good post.What I feel was that how difficult it would have been for HK to live after Akbar died.
Not because they were soulmates but the incidents happened like Khurram killing Khusrau,Extremists who were quiet but now putting their head up and many more such cases.
swatiluthra thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Lovely post.
Truly loved jodha trust on her jalal , that he will come back as he had promised 😊
SpringBreakers thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Hey there!
Just loved your post! I totally agree that Jalal didn't trust Jodha on two major occasions earlier, but Jodha's faith in her husband is unshakable! Such is the power of love!
She was also confident that her husband wouldn't surrender and beg for forgiveness from a low-life like Abul Mali! She truly believed that her husband was a true warrior and would die on the battlefield with pride rather than begging him to spare his begums!
Jodha and Jalal truly loved each other! Abhay's post is a proof of that. If he didn't love her, would he have so many children with her? Would their story be told and be remembered by everyone in the Golden Triangle region? (Delhi, Agra, Jaipur). There love is epic and will be remembered by generations to come!
Jodha truly inspired all the begums there yesterday! They were all ready to accept their fate in the form of a poison vial but Jodha refused to do that even after seeing his armour! She knew that Abul Mali was just trying to scare them and show his greatness by misleading them into believing that he had killed Jalal! But it proved that what a sadistic creep he really is! He really disrespects women immensely and perceives them as weak and helpless beings!😡 I hope the women of the harem do give him a good beating!
I know many people over here disagree with the fact that this track is ridiculous as it is weakening Jalal's character. I would just tell them to sit back and relax! We don't even fully know what is going to happen and we end up bashing the character for no reason at all! I am liking the track primarily because it should teach a lesson to all the men out there who disrespect women and think that they are helpless! My current view is that the women will show Abul Mali that he wrong in perceiving them as weak! It is terrible how he and his soldiers wanted to disrespect his begums! And for what, just because Jalal had blinded him in one eye! Instead of man-ing up and fighting with Jalal, he is aiming for the women who have not even directly done anything to him! I hope they fight off him and his soldiers with valour and bravery!
In short, my support is for the harem women who are fighting against the misogynistic and chauvinist Mali!😃
Regards,
Samanika
Edited by justlovetv - 10 years ago
SindhuMenon thumbnail

Radhika,
Very good post.What I feel was that how difficult it would have been for HK to live after Akbar died.
Not because they were soulmates but the incidents happened like Khurram killing Khusrau,Extremists who were quiet but now putting their head up and many more such cases.

I have also thought the same points as you Rashmi. Poor HK, what all she had to go through . so many of their Kids died plus all the sibling rivalry etc.
RadhikaS0 thumbnail

Radhika,

Yes, after Akbar died, things became very difficult even for Jahangir, leave alone the MUZ. So we can understand how tough it must have been for a Hindu queen practicing her own religion to survive in the Mughal empire after her husband and supporter Akbar passed away. 😊
RadhikaS0 thumbnail

Originally posted by: swatiluthra

Lovely post.
Truly loved jodha trust on her jalal , that he will come back as he had promised 😊

Thanks, Swati! 😊