Jodha's Unshaken Trust

RadhikaS0 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
A few months back, I had made a thread on Jodha's trust being broken by Akbar, not once, but again and again. The question that had arisen then was whether Jodha could ever trust her husband completely.
The answer came today, sharply, clearly, unhesitatingly. Yes, Jodha trusts her husband completely and unequivocally.

When Ruqaiyya tearfully handed over the poison vial to Jodha, standing in the midst of a bevy of women close to Jalal and despairing for his life and theirs, the conviction on Jodha's face that Jalal was alive and well and would return to them as promised, was remarkable.

Here then is a woman whose soul has submerged into that of her husband's so completely that she feels sure that as long as her heart is beating, Jalal is alive. If anything were to happen to him, to her heart and soul in fact, then she is sure that she wouldn't survive. So what use the poison vial?

The confidence seen in her today can be traced to an innocuous conversation JJ had before Jalal had gone to fight. Jodha had stated that, in case of a defeat, Rajvanshi women in Amer would be taken through a hidden passage to an open field where they would commit Jauhar. Hearing this, Jalal had asked her would she still consider Jauhar since she was now a Mughal begum and not just a Rajvanshi princess.

Jodha had said no, she wouldn't consider Jauhar anymore because now she knew what kind of a man her husband was.

When I had seen that scene, I admit, I hadn't paid particular attention to it, passing it off as a JJ lollipop scene.

But, after seeing today's episode, it all fits in. Jalal had asked her if she would still consider Jauhar, in spite of being his wife. He had the confidence that he could never be defeated in war and therefore, his begum would not be required to die. Jodha understood that Jalal was testing her faith in him and his abilities as a king and a husband. She knew he could never be defeated by anyone, such was her faith in his prowess as a soldier.

But she also knew that her soul was in his possession and if anything were to happen to him, her soul and hence, she herself would perish instantly.

Besides she had faith in his word. She knew he would never go back on his word and if he had promised her he would come back, then he would have to come back for the sake of their love.

Last of all, Jodha had the conviction that God would not take away her Jalal from her just as she was getting ready to fulfill his dream of an heir.

So much trust in such a short time!

And reciprocal too!

Jalal is so sure of his begums that he is able to confidently dare Abul Mali to try and do his worst to his harem. He knows that his begums would not surrender to any enemy so easily. This confidence in their strength and self-respect is enough to keep his spirits high, in spite of Abul Mali's constant refrain of dishonoring Jalal's begums in the marketplace.

I wonder if there is any other (Mughal or otherwise) begum who had so much faith in her husband and he in her.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Susan.Dsouza thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
awesome thread i love when jodha said my heart is still beating and i know jalal is alive love jodha for this lineπŸ‘
Edited by susantogiaa - 10 years ago
Rashmi81 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Awesome Radhika as always.I have pmed you my request please acknowledge it.
akdhalover thumbnail
Many may find that vish thing as a lecture but i found that extremely convincing of what stage their love story has reached and how much they trust and are connected!😳
GOTforever thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I really loved her dialogues there...dil dhadak raha h it was so emotional😭
RadhikaS0 thumbnail
Thanks, everyone! 😊
Rashmi, will answer your query shortly. 😊
RadhikaS0 thumbnail

Rashmi asked me a question in the morning. She wants to know how Jodha could possibly claim that she would stop breathing the moment something happened to Jalal when, in reality, Jodha outlived Akbar by several years.

I'll try to answer this question but, all of you are also welcome to comment on this fascinating query. 😊

The first thing to remember is that Jodha and Jalal are joined together at the soul level. When two souls become one, if anything happens to one, the other soul feels it instinctively. To give an example from the show, when Jodha was at Amer and Jalal was sleeping in her hojra in the separation track, Jodha woke up with a start from a dream-like state in which she had felt as if Jalal was calling her. This is neither "filmy" nor unbelievable. It happens very often in real life, when our "sixth sense" tells us something is wrong with a loved one, no matter how far that person might be.

So, it is natural that if Jodha feels no inner voice rousing her to panic then she is entitled to be fully confident that Jalal is still alive, though he may be in danger.

Love is a strange thing. It makes us weak and yet, it is what makes us strong too. Jodha's love has made her so strong at the moment that no external sign can make her waver from her belief in her husband's word that he will return to her. The last aadab they exchanged was not a farewell; it was a promise they made each other that they would be united pretty soon and till then, they would remain strong and trust the other to take care of themselves.

When we are young and newly in love, we say many passionate things, such as that we will not be able to live without each other. (Jodha and Jalal are really young at the time of this incident. 😊) Jalal believed that he would not be able to survive without her when Jodha was about to die after the "vish-pan" incident. But didn't he survive separation from Jodha later?

So was he lying then? No, not at all. Was it the whole truth? Depends on how we look at it.

If we love someone intensely, we feel so dependent on that person emotionally and mentally that we feel we would not be able to survive without them. It could be anyone, our parents, our spouse/lover, children, even close friends. We cannot think of a moment without them with us. Yet, do we die with them? We don't. Life must go on and it does. At the same time, a part of our soul dies with them. There is always in our hearts a vacuum where the departed soul lived. No matter who else comes into our life later, this emptiness is never filled.

Another way to look at it is to look at how men and women deal with the loss of a partner. It may be a stereotype and not really hold water any longer. But my mother used to tell me that a man cannot live without a wife and a mother for his kids for more than six months. But a woman can single-handedly raise her family if anything were to happen to her husband. In other words, the so-called weaker sex is "emotionally stronger and more resilient" than men.

Rashmi mentioned how things were very difficult when Akbar passed away. The succession battle had begun. Jodha could not afford the luxury of mourning for her husband in private because, as the Queen of Hindustan, she had the responsibility of ensuring the stability and advance of the Mughal Sultanat.

She had been Akbar's shadow while he was alive and she had to do justice to his legacy when he was no longer there.

Please feel free to share your own views on Rashmi's query and my response. 😊

SindhuMenon thumbnail

Originally posted by: RadhikaS0

Rashmi asked me a question in the morning. She wants to know how Jodha could possibly claim that she would stop breathing the moment something happened to Jalal when, in reality, Jodha outlived Akbar by several years.

I'll try to answer this question but, all of you are also welcome to comment on this fascinating query. 😊

The first thing to remember is that Jodha and Jalal are joined together at the soul level. When two souls become one, if anything happens to one, the other soul feels it instinctively. To give an example from the show, when Jodha was at Amer and Jalal was sleeping in her hojra in the separation track, Jodha woke up with a start from a dream-like state in which she had felt as if Jalal was calling her. This is neither "filmy" nor unbelievable. It happens very often in real life, when our "sixth sense" tells us something is wrong with a loved one, no matter how far that person might be.

So, it is natural that if Jodha feels no inner voice rousing her to panic then she is entitled to be fully confident that Jalal is still alive, though he may be in danger.

Love is a strange thing. It makes us weak and yet, it is what makes us strong too. Jodha's love has made her so strong at the moment that no external sign can make her waver from her belief in her husband's word that he will return to her. The last aadab they exchanged was not a farewell; it was a promise they made each other that they would be united pretty soon and till then, they would remain strong and trust the other to take care of themselves.

When we are young and newly in love, we say many passionate things, such as that we will not be able to live without each other. (Jodha and Jalal are really young at the time of this incident. 😊) Jalal believed that he would not be able to survive without her when Jodha was about to die after the "vish-pan" incident. But didn't he survive separation from Jodha later?

So was he lying then? No, not at all. Was it the whole truth? Depends on how we look at it.

If we love someone intensely, we feel so dependent on that person emotionally and mentally that we feel we would not be able to survive without them. It could be anyone, our parents, our spouse/lover, children, even close friends. We cannot think of a moment without them with us. Yet, do we die with them? We don't. Life must go on and it does. At the same time, a part of our soul dies with them. There is always in our hearts a vacuum where the departed soul lived. No matter who else comes into our life later, this emptiness is never filled.

Another way to look at it is to look at how men and women deal with the loss of a partner. It may be a stereotype and not really hold water any longer. But my mother used to tell me that a man cannot live without a wife and a mother for his kids for more than six months. But a woman can single-handedly raise her family if anything were to happen to her husband. In other words, the so-called weaker sex is "emotionally stronger and more resilient" than men.

Rashmi mentioned how things were very difficult when Akbar passed away. The succession battle had begun. Jodha could not afford the luxury of mourning for her husband in private because, as the Queen of Hindustan, she had the responsibility of ensuring the stability and advance of the Mughal Sultanat.

She had been Akbar's shadow while he was alive and she had to do justice to his legacy when he was no longer there.

Please feel free to share your own views on Rashmi's query and my response. 😊

beautiful post Radhika. Loved it. Will share my views shortly..

One more thing Radhika. Please keep writing. I always love to read ur posts...
Edited by SindhuMenon - 10 years ago
AntaresVega thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
πŸ‘
This is what. I felt too! So much trust in him. It was wonderful! And his trust in his begums! What a scene! Jodha is standing strong on her concrete foundation, her unshakeable faith in her husband. He promised her he would return. And he will, he will return to rescue her from the clutches of that monster.
RadhikaS0 thumbnail

Originally posted by: AntaresVega

πŸ‘

This is what. I felt too! So much trust in him. It was wonderful! And his trust in his begums! What a scene! Jodha is standing strong on her concrete foundation, her unshakeable faith in her husband. He promised her he would return. And he will, he will return to rescue her from the clutches of that monster.

Lyra the Romantic - realised this after reading your FF 😊