Posted: 10 years ago
superb start
loved it
plz continue soon
thanks for the pm
Venicestar88 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Oh I loooveee legal dramas and to top it you combine it with these two!! Bloody brill... Bring it on!!!
PadduBarunHolic thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
wow intresting storyline
always Sheetal 😡 wil come between arshi
headtotoe thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Wow interesting this is ... I feel that a huge misunderstanding is simmering below in this story !!!
Continue soon..
stg1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail
great start, loving the concept and ur collab is working really well 😛 cant wait to see where this is going and how arnav manages to convince khushi he was blameless ... hmm, or was he completely? and will she ever let go of that anger and hurt and trust him again? liking the fiestiness of khushi and the openness of arnav here and i also like that there's a mystery about what happened at that party b4 she left him. am guessing sheetal or someone may have roofied him - if he was just an out and out cheater it would have made me less prone to like him and root for him in this story! this makes it a mu rather than needing redemption, forgiveness and the whole 9 yards! btw thanks for the pm 😊
ll..Gungun..ll thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
WOW.. this is very different and really interesting
cant wait to read more in the near future
:)
dramebaaz.af thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

This chapter is written by Saadia.

Chapter Two:
Keeping It Professional

As Khushi went through the pages of the flat paper file kept in front of her in order to study the case, the only thing she could think of was the argument she just had. She then shut the file immediately in fury.

I can't let HIM affect me. He's a nobody. We have just met for the case and will depart as soon as its over. It will all be over. Again. And we will shift to our own separate ways. I can't let my wrath destroy my career. I have to stop bawling and act professional. I can't be affected by him. I must concertrate.

Arnav advanced to the conference room five minutes earlier than the given time. He sat patiently, reviewing his case file until the door slides and his eyes shift. Its her.

Khushi makes an eye contact and nods at Arnav as if greeting professionally with no hatred and no affection. Arnav's eyes lit up.

"Hey, I'm sorry about the argument." Arnav apologized.

"So Mr. Arnav, have you studied the case? Edward should be discussing the contract clause deeply I suppose." Khushi replied completely off topic as she sat across him.

Arnav wasn't surprised. Before he could say anything else, the door slided hastily and Stevenson dashed in and said.

"Apologies for the delay. We shall have a short meeting today. I'm a little under the weather."

"Mr. Stevenson, perhaps you should go home. We'll take care here." Arnav responded.

"No Mr. Raizada, the first hearing is just three days later. Punctuality in meetings should be maintained.

Allow me to discuss. Our opponents cannot withdraw from the business contract our clients..."

Stevenson continued to make argumentative comments about how their opponents have breached the terms of contract, for the next 25 minutes. Arnav and Khushi both listened to him attentively.

"The partnership has always lead them to take unsatisfactory decisions. Were the stakeholders okay with that?" Khushi questioned.

"Perhaps Arnav could help us find what exactly the situation of their business was. Our clients have informed us that our opponents have always acted negligent toward the business risking its profitability. Arnav, since you're a graduate in Public Affairs, I suppose we can ask you to look further into this to discover their blunders. Thanks for the suggestion, Ms. Gupta" Stevenson answered.

"Oh really? You're a graduate in Public Affairs? What made you do post-graduation in law?" Khushi asked turning toward Arnav out of curiosity.

"Well, I thought it could broaden my career opportunities and I realized I was more passionate about law and being just.." Khushi rolled her eyes and Arnav continued, looking at Stevenson. "As for the stakeholder settlement, I will definitely look into it."

"Alright, young man. I believe you guys should perhaps get to know each other and discuss more about the case for better communication. Preparing for victory is our only strategy. As a part of our welcoming, on behalf of the complete Alyston and Rands LLP, I have booked a table for both you at the Aniston Restaurant for dinner. I'm afraid I won't be able to join." Stevenson said.

Khushi's eyes widened and turned toward Arnav who carved a smile on his face.

"No. I can't go. I have plans tonight." Khushi responded immediately. She couldn't think of spending some time alone with him, after all that he has done to her.

"Ms. Gupta, I really wish you could. But its up to you. Okay, so this concludes our meeting. Its lunch time. Both of you can discuss further about the case after that. Good day!" Stevenson winded up and exited.

Khushi stood up and accumulated the papers she had spread on the table while they discussed the case. Arnav hadn't moved from his chair.

"Can you, for once, stop acting as if you don't know me and tell me what happened? Why don't you want to have dinner with me? Plans? Bullshit. You were lying. I could see it in your eyes." Arnav spoke with a thirst of clearing his doubts.

Khushi listened to him without making an eye contact. She held her file and then looked at him.

"Good day!" She greeted and left the conference hall. The door shut in front of Arnav and he sighed.

What is wrong with this woman? She can not ignore me as if I was talking to myself. Arnav stood up and exited the room. He saw her walking toward the cafeteria and ran after her. He held her arm from behind and Khushi turned, her eyes full of hatred.

What have I done to her that she looks at me with resentment, behaves with me in such a way, loathes me?

Khushi opened her mouth to say something but stopped as she saw a lady walking toward them. Khushi signalled Arnav about her presence and he left her arm. He turned behind to see who it was.

"Break time, newbies! Come sit with me." Angelica, one of the former barrister, said beckoning them to follow. Arnav and Khushi followed her to a table.

"Let me bring you guys something to eat." Arnav offered and left.

"So Khushi, how do you feel around here?" Angelica questioned.

"Its good. Somethings are difficult to handle, but I'll manage." Khushi replied with smile.

"Ah, you've got a great partner in handling your first case. I'm sure you'll get the hang of it. When I first joined, my partner was so incapable. I've talked to Arnav, he's very smart and cozy to be with. How's it working with him?"

Khushi shrugged and felt a pang of jealousy.

"Yeah, he's quite kittenish around girls." Khushi responded ignoring Angelica's actual question.

"No, he's not. I've noticed he stays away from girls like we will all trick him and then betray him and he will end up being alone." Angelica joked.

"Betray him?" Khushi laughed sarcastically.

Arnav returned to them with three mugs of coffee in his hand.

"Here's your Coffee Latte, Khushi. Just the way you like." Arnav smiled and waited for her to approve of it.

"Oh, I totally forgot. I'm sorry I have some work. I gotta go." Khushi exclaimed and stood up.

"But have your coffee, Khushi." Angelica pleaded.

Khushi denied and explained that she had important work. Arnav kept staring at her as she walked out until her head disappeared.

Days passed by and Arnav couldn't understand the reason why Khushi never talked to him except when it was for discussing the case. He was at least glad he got to see her daily. It made him happy. Whenever he looked at her, he was surrounded by their memories. The memories they shared. They were a part of it once, together.

Edited by areeba_blossom - 10 years ago
anisa79 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
loved it, hope they start talking properly soon
ranogill thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
how arnav must be feeling without knowing his fault he lost his girlfriend
Edited by ranogill - 10 years ago
Javeria3991 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Awesome update
Poor Khushi she still coping the pain of her broken heart of which Arnav is unaware.
I hope soon they clear away their misunderstanding because the way they go separated looks a misunderstanding which led Khushi to jump to a conclusion without giving Arnav a chance.
Arnav stay aloof from women, this means he after all the years is serious for Khushi.
I really wants to know what's up with Khushi and I hope he get successful. Khushi needs to let everything out from her heart.
I am eagerly waiting to read Arnav's POV of what he actually felt for Khushi in their past days in campus.
Waiting for the next chapter