Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ooolalala thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: beboholic

^ didn't he write Cocktail too? DP perf was good but the movie was behind pathetic. 

Cocktail had many cliches but deepika was the star of the movie. She made the movie successful and watchable. And songs were good. 
lovanika thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Now that I am reading comments about his view on marriage and going beckon his movies I can see the point being stated by someof you
But I did really enjoy SNT, LAK...did not Raockstar but am waiting to watch Highway.

I like the ease he convey emotions and the words he uses to converse,😊

But I think that Tamasha will be his less appreciated movie...his first after his divorce.

I was also watching the Highway promotions with him, Allia and Ranbir. They did talk about the restlessness in being in love.
lovanika thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: chocolover89

He is probably the most overrated director around currently. His films stopped making sense ages ago and are pathetically wannabe. SNT was his best. JWM was very good. The rest aren't even worth talking about...I haven't seen Highway and I can't even be bothered to. Ahista Ahista which he wrote was decent too but the rest are atrocious films. I have no idea why Ranbir is obsessed with him. 

I think the obsession is both ways - Imtiaz Ali is no less obsessed with Ranbir. When a writer starts to ask or look for nod from the other person than he himself/ herself that means he is loosing his ground as a writer. 
To me by his recent interview it looks like that Imtiiaz looks for approval for his thoughts...
Ooolalala thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Anika, I agree tamasha would be less appreciated movie of his. He seems heartbroken and depressed, but still I hope it won't affect the movie.
Antlers thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I think marriage is one of the sweetest thing, two people coming together and staying together for rest of their life. It takes two people to make marriage work. You have to give up a lot for what you want for tomorrow rather than today.
Lalalalost thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Marriage is not for everyone lol, it's an individual choice and that's fine. However I don't think it's respectful of him to talk about how he basically felt suffocated while being married to his then wife. Some things are not meant to be shared Imtiaz. This is one of them.
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Marriage makes you mediocre..that makes no sense too. 
Scorpio_Velvet thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Saraa.

Anika, I agree tamasha would be less appreciated movie of his. He seems heartbroken and depressed, but still I hope it won't affect the movie.

This was supposed to be made before Rockstar. He approached Ranbir to do this film first in 2010. So don't think divorce would have any affect on the script at least.  Edited by scorpio_bins - 9 years ago
LifeOLicious thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Why can't he share what he felt? I an glad to see someone tell it like it is. I am kind of sick of these dignified mutually agreeable fake divorce statements people give! Give me a reason! If we never learn about the true cause of divorce, how will we understand why marriages fail?

I don't find his ex wife to be bad because she suffocated him! She just wasn't right for this guy! She had different expectations...there must be someone else who will meet hers or she may have to loosen up in her next relationship! Big deal! But at least we know why! And I honestly hate when every reason for divorce is attributed to cheating! It's never just so simple!

And his statement about all married men was light hearted joke!Edited by LifeOLicious - 9 years ago
CeaselessBanter thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
😲 ðŸ¤” 
And I just started to like him a lot after Highway. 

If he  thinks he can get away with not meeting someone's expectations in a relationship because he is not married, he is wrong, dead wrong.