Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lovanika thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
I wonder why he did not repeat Shahid. I would love to see him work with him again. 
lovanika thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Lol...guess I over analyses it.😆
But still hold by it because one si know by the company he keeps.

Originally posted by: chocolover89

Frankly I always thought Imtiaz's films made his opinions on marriage apparent. He has been treating marriage as a joke since LAK days. 

Very true. One of the biggest problem in LAK was the whole (joke) of a marriage between Meera and Vikram. She gets married to him and next day leaves him to run back to Veer. In Rockstar Heer has an extramarital affair with Jordan. Both movies had other problems too, but this didn't help at all.

Edited by AppleCider - 9 years ago
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
lol at him mentioning he got a lot of flak for casting Nargis in Rockstar. 
I love his honesty..but Higway wasn't a perfect film either. 

"No, the film may not have worked for her, but working with another heroine who knew Hindi better would have fostered mediocrity. The challenge to work with Nargis raised the film's intensity. "

^the bold part..about an actress knowing Hindi better would have fostered mediocrity..not sure of I agree with that. Wasn't Nargis already a mediocre actress in the film. Am sure a good actor would have done better. But believe whatever you want to Imtiaz. 
Edited by beboholic - 9 years ago

Originally posted by: beboholic

lol at him mentioning he got a lot of flak for casting Nargis in Rockstar. 
I love his honesty..but Higway wasn't a perfect film either. 

"No, the film may not have worked for her, but working with another heroine who knew Hindi better would have fostered mediocrity. The challenge to work with Nargis raised the film's intensity. "

^the bolder part..about an actress knowing Hindi better would have fostered mediocrity..not sure of I agree with that. 

I reread both sentences but they never made sense to me. Some of his views are really strange.
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
He is bitter about marriage because of one failed relationship?. Seriously..I thought he was smarter than that.  Edited by beboholic - 9 years ago
Ooolalala thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: lovanika

He and his Ranbir chant is getting annoying. ðŸ˜• 

Looks like Ranbir is governing his choice of story and cast for his movie...
To me by his interview he has no respect for his ex-wife. Is it em or who ever comes in contact with Ranbir gets cheap and does to take his relationships seriously?😉

Imtiaz Ali was married happily then he did Rockstar and then divorce.😆
Anurag Kashyap was happily married with Kalki then he did Bombay Velvet and then divorce.😆

I love his movies though...

The only movie of his I liked was jab we met. LAK and Socha na tha were okay but I still can't understand what was so special about rockstar. The movie is freaking overrated. Highway was okay, alia and randeep performance made it a better movie. 

And yeah seems like RK will be controlling tamasha. I never wanted deepu in this movie. I don't know but it doesn't give me good vibes. 
Edited by Saraa. - 9 years ago
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Actually edit. Forget it. I am better than this. 
Edited by chocolover89 - 9 years ago
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: AppleCider

Very true. One of the biggest problem in LAK was the whole (joke) of a marriage between Meera and Vikram. She gets married to him and next day leaves him to run back to Veer. In Rockstar Heer has an extramarital affair with Jordan. Both movies had other problems too, but this didn't help at all.

He is probably the most overrated director around currently. His films stopped making sense ages ago and are pathetically wannabe. SNT was his best. JWM was very good. The rest aren't even worth talking about...I haven't seen Highway and I can't even be bothered to. Ahista Ahista which he wrote was decent too but the rest are atrocious films. I have no idea why Ranbir is obsessed with him. 
Edited by chocolover89 - 9 years ago
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
^ didn't he write Cocktail too? DP perf was good but the movie was behind pathetic.