Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: ..-Raindrops-..

I didn't see much of Subh ka Sitara, i love its OST though. A huge change from Mata e Jaan in a similar setting, his body language is a lot more positive here
His character looks the most interesting amongst all character intros so far
Who is he paired opposite though ? I thought he'll be paired with Amina but I guess they didn't had any scenes together

yeah, Adeel was there in the second half. He looked amazing - one of the few shows where I REALLY had a hard time focusing on Adeel's acting. 😆 The first half was all Mikaal...but Adeel really let go of his inhibitions as an actor. Regardless of how Shukk or Subh Ka Sitara were as shows or how well they were received..Adeel's potential as an actor, improvement on his emotional scenes etc were all so evident to say the least in both these shows. He has been growing a lot as an actor.

I don't think Adeel is romantically linked with anyone if that's what you're asking? He seems to have a relationship with Marina..what kind of relationship does he end up having with her? I guess we'll have to find out. I feel Aamina and Noman will fall in love though. From whatever I've seen, it seems like Adeel and Aamina did not have the same shooting schedule at all...I don't think they have any scenes together.

Adeel and Marina are kind of reminding me of Imran and Deepti from Malaal. And, I adored Imran in Malaal. I see some resemblances with Imran and Adeel's character here.

Edited by starstruckk - 10 years ago
I wanted Aamina and Adeel to be paired together! lol
Isnt Marina too old though? :O

I hope the story keeps us hooked
MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
for once Adeel plays something different.. maybe I'll like him in this.. My fav promo has to be the Aminah and Nauman one.. ost is good too.. looks like a good show altogether..
Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Want to see the teasers.. but YT blocked.. :/
BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Usman.

Want to see the teasers.. but YT blocked.. :/

Usman FB links are posted as well.. check those 😊
IamSherLocked thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
saw the teasers looks promising. is the lead of dhoop kinarey also in the show?
Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
^thanks Sana..will check them out now :)

Originally posted by: IamSherLocked

saw the teasers looks promising. is the lead of dhoop kinarey also in the show?

Yes her name is Marina Khan
ruffledfeathers thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: starstruckk

thanks! going to update them on the first page. I'm really hoping this show does well. I'm afraid because of it airing on Urdu1, it may not receive much attention...but hopefully it does!

I know..even when the shows in their entirety lack substance, Adeel stands out. I think he really put himself out there commercially this year. His popularity has increased over the past year..ESPECIALLY with Shukk.
Shukk was a big commercial hit for Adeel. As much as I hate the writer for ruining Shukk post midway, that show was ACTUALLY a superhit. 😆 It was even more popular than Pyare Afzal when it was airing at that time. It brought ARY great ratings..😆 Shaam turned out to be a weird character (even though I ADORED him initially and I think that's what gets me everytime I think about Shukk! ahh lol)..Adeel's performance was really good. Likewise, with Subh Ka Sitara..it did well commercially even though Romaisa annoyed the crap out of me..I LOVED Zeeshan. That's an underrated performance of Adeel's. I love Mikaal..but I felt Adeel was genuinely the best part about Subh Ka Sitara, perhaps because I found Zeeshan more likable than Nabeel? ..even with Zeeshan's flaws.. his character, in my opinion,was better written. And now, there's Jackson Heights. I think it'll make up for what happened in Shukk? 😆 Of course, it's a different thing that platforms such as award shows etc don't ever acknowledge him. Honestly, I've never even seen Adeel being NOMINATED anywhere ever. I mean sure, don't give him an award..but at least give him a nomination somewhere, sometime, for something.

You know, I haven't watched Shukk...Ayesha Khan's droopy eyes just put me off. You think it's worth a watch? I haven't watched that other show jiya na jaye or something - there too, the girl paired against him put me off...

Loved Adeel's Zeeshan 😳 - he was the only sane thing in the whole show - his dialogues and actions were realistic and his exasperation at Romaisa was so understandable! I found it hard to believe that it was an Umera Ahmed script. The direction was also lacklustre. Adeel was the only reason I liked the show. Not to mention how easy he is on the eyes 😳 ...

I agree about Adeel not getting his due - may be his style of subtle, nuanced acting, his sense of humour etc are not everyone's cup of tea? I do wish he is acknowledged more - he is such an intelligent actor and is good at what he does. Have you seen some short films he's directed when he was working on MeJaan - he is very talented. Mehreen even used his photos on the last episode of Daam (he was given credit for those pics)...really wish him more success...

Jackson Heights looks like a good show, I liked the teasers - the dialogues are realistic, the actors are good and of course it's MJ's work, so expectations are high. Mondays 8 pm slot - I can't remember what other shows will this one be competing against at that slot?

Edited by ruffledfeathers - 10 years ago