Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ruffledfeathers thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: starstruckk

If anyone finds the youtube versions or so of the individual teasers, please do most them if you can.

I saw Adeel's teaser on facebook..and it looks like Adeel has an intriguing role. I'm glad his role seems as substantial as everyone elses. In all honesty, Adeel always looked great, acted decently etc..it was only a matter of time that he started receiving his due. I always felt Adeel chose good scripts for the most part (there are a few exceptions though)..his script sense is pretty decent..especially when we have a lot of female oriented shows..he still tends to make his mark with his male characters.

Second you on what you've said about Adeel - he can make a mark with even a small part, as long as the script is good.

Here is a link to the teasers:

Marina+Adeel
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=814890071865317&set=vb.136566796364318&type=2&theater

Adeel's teaser (drool 😳)

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=814926175195040&set=vb.136566796364318&type=2&theater

It was great to hear Adeel's voice :-) Adnan Jaffer was good.

Noman and Aamina:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=814947608526230&set=vb.136566796364318&type=2&theater

The teaser looks promising. There's a lot of expectations from this show.

What's with all these shows airing on this obscure Urdu1 channel? :-(
Edited by ruffledfeathers - 10 years ago
THQANKS
Anyone know what the story is about? :S
BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

If anyone finds the youtube versions or so of the individual teasers, please do most them if you can.

I saw Adeel's teaser on facebook..and it looks like Adeel has an intriguing role. I'm glad his role seems as substantial as everyone elses. In all honesty, Adeel always looked great, acted decently etc..it was only a matter of time that he started receiving his due. I always felt Adeel chose good scripts for the most part (there are a few exceptions though)..his script sense is pretty decent..especially when we have a lot of female oriented shows..he still tends to make his mark with his male characters.

He does have great script sense.. I mean the dramas he picks aren't necessarily the best, but his characters always stand out.. whether it's Junaid from Daam, Rayyan from Silvatein, Faisal from Mora Piya, etc. Also to mention he always tends to get equal screen time as the female in majority of his dramas unlike other actors.. like the male character is equally as important as the female one if not more.
Edited by BlackStar. - 10 years ago
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ruffledfeathers

Second you on what you've said about Adeel - he can make a mark with even a small part, as long as the script is good.

Here is a link to the teasers:

Marina+Adeel
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=814890071865317&set=vb.136566796364318&type=2&theater

Adeel's teaser (drool 😳)

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=814926175195040&set=vb.136566796364318&type=2&theater

It was great to hear Adeel's voice :-) Adnan Jaffer was good.

Noman and Aamina:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=814947608526230&set=vb.136566796364318&type=2&theater

The teaser looks promising. There's a lot of expectations from this show.

What's with all these shows airing on this obscure Urdu1 channel? :-(

thanks! going to update them on the first page. I'm really hoping this show does well. I'm afraid because of it airing on Urdu1, it may not receive much attention...but hopefully it does!

I know..even when the shows in their entirety lack substance, Adeel stands out. I think he really put himself out there commercially this year. His popularity has increased over the past year..ESPECIALLY with Shukk.
Shukk was a big commercial hit for Adeel. As much as I hate the writer for ruining Shukk post midway, that show was ACTUALLY a superhit. 😆 It was even more popular than Pyare Afzal when it was airing at that time. It brought ARY great ratings..😆 Shaam turned out to be a weird character (even though I ADORED him initially and I think that's what gets me everytime I think about Shukk! ahh lol)..Adeel's performance was really good. Likewise, with Subh Ka Sitara..it did well commercially even though Romaisa annoyed the crap out of me..I LOVED Zeeshan. That's an underrated performance of Adeel's. I love Mikaal..but I felt Adeel was genuinely the best part about Subh Ka Sitara, perhaps because I found Zeeshan more likable than Nabeel? ..even with Zeeshan's flaws.. his character, in my opinion,was better written. And now, there's Jackson Heights. I think it'll make up for what happened in Shukk? 😆 Of course, it's a different thing that platforms such as award shows etc don't ever acknowledge him. Honestly, I've never even seen Adeel being NOMINATED anywhere ever. I mean sure, don't give him an award..but at least give him a nomination somewhere, sometime, for something.

Raindrops. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I have a feeling this might turn out to be my favourite character by Adeel so far, not to mention that he looks so hot and relaxed. In Mata e Jaan he looked kind of stiff and a bit bored. Here he looks very expressive and chilled, also he has been styled his best yet. I think after doing a lot of work he looks much more in command than before
Raindrops. thumbnail
Interesting line up this september With Firaaq, Jackson Heights, Goya looks promising, Sadqe I'll have to wait how Adnan fits and if Mahira and him have any chemistry, I do hope they have scenes together because one thing that really annoyed me with Pyaray Afzal is that they hardly had any scene. Coke Studio and HsY show mights start in september too
When is Manto going to release ?
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: HeavenlyBliss.

THQANKS

Anyone know what the story is about? :S

This is what Mehreen has said about the show -

The serial covers about 6 characters who live and work in Jackson Heights, which is a part of New York where there is a large concentration of South Asian immigrants. Nauman Ijaz plays a cab driver married to an American woman. Marina Khan plays a Pakistani Christian woman who runs a restaurant, Aamina Sheikh is a woman who works in a salon, Adeel Hussain's character comes to the US hoping to make it big, Ali Kazmi plays a con man who can't get a break while Adnan Jaffar plays an Indian Muslim banker who can't woo the woman he loves. There are many other characters as well making this a true ensemble serial. This story has been marinating for almost 3 years now. While I was filming another TV serial in NY, my friend and colleague Shehrazade suggested that we do something called Jackson Heights. The idea was then pitched to Humayun Saeed, and Vasay Chaudhry was brought on to write the serial, and I think he's done a fantastic job.

-------------------

From the promos it seems like both Adnan Jaffar and Adeel become a part of Marina's life, who seems to have gone through a lot in life (in the teaser, she expresses her becoming bitter towards life, people etc). I guess Adnan loves Marina..but then Adeel also comes into her life. It seems like Adeel helps Marina overcome her internal struggles or so and their relationship may become a problem for Adnan? I don't know that's just my guess based off of what I'm seeing in the teasers. 😆

About Noman's character..I feel he marries an American woman for American citizenship..but later comes across Aamina who he may actually fall in love with? Once again, that's only what I think. Mehreen hasn't revealed the story..or else that would ruin everything...but overall, a story that depicts the journey of desi people in NY..because Adnan Jaffer is Indian it says..while all of the others are Pakistani it seems.
Edited by starstruckk - 10 years ago
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..-Raindrops-..

I have a feeling this might turn out to be my favourite character by Adeel so far, not to mention that he looks so hot and relaxed. In Mata e Jaan he looked kind of stiff and a bit bored. Here he looks very expressive and chilled, also he has been styled his best yet. I think after doing a lot of work he looks much more in command than before

I feel he really looked good in Subh Ka Sitara. I'd say his styling in that show was the best. He looked really toned..it worked because he was a police officer in that show. He even had that haircut etc going on.
starstruckk thumbnail
Full version of the song they're using:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kJJusWnw74[/YOUTUBE]

Raindrops. thumbnail

I feel he really looked good in Subh Ka Sitara. I'd say his styling in that show was the best. He looked really toned..it worked because he was a police officer in that show. He even had that haircut etc going on.

I didn't see much of Subh ka Sitara, i love its OST though. A huge change from Mata e Jaan in a similar setting, his body language is a lot more positive here
His character looks the most interesting amongst all character intros so far
Who is he paired opposite though ? I thought he'll be paired with Amina but I guess they didn't had any scenes together