Would Lilly Singh AKA Superwoman be a good fit for Bollywood?

sali.nautaki thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Confession: I'm addicted to watching superwoman or Lilly on youtube. Her skits with her "parents" are the bombdiggity 😳
Now the question is: would she be a good fit for bollywood? Should she be in Bollywood? If she does get into bollywood, can she make it? Why/Why not?

For me, I say yes . Why?
1) This girl is HILARIOUS. She will be perfect in a comedy, but I'm sure with practice and time, she'd be good in other roles too!

2) This girl is expressive. Her facial expressions are hilarious. She pulls off different skit roles pretty well, whether it's her "mom" "dad" or some random uncle/ aunty 😆. And you know in bollywood we have quite a few inexpressive actresses. Why not give her a chance?

3) This girl can dance! She competitively dances bhangra.

4) If that's not enough, she can rap too!

5) She's beautiful and can pull off both indian and western clothes off with lan. and she's got FABULOUS hair. And a hot bod :)

6) She' not afraid to be goofy or a tomboy. And she makes a handsome man ;).

Edited by sali.nautaki - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Lily is a very talented girl indeed. Her videos are really good and to the point. I'd kill to be in her shoes having met Shahrukh, Madhuri, & Juhi. She is certainly climbing the ladder of success.

But I don't see her fit for Bollywood. Bollywood is a very ugly place. That's the truth. I wouldn't want her to ruin everything by stepping into the nasty world. She has so much ahead of her and is inching her way to the top. It's not that easy making your way into Bollywood. I think what she's doing with her videos is amazing and she should continue that. That is why she is getting all the love from her fans. She's a fantastic overall performer. :)
Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
I don't think she can be an actress. She's too "ghetto" and lacks the grace of that an Indian actress would need.
MadhuriDixit thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Unfortunately dont think she suits most peoples idea of a bollywood actress. Dont think she really has it in her either. She should stick to her comedy skits and stuff, and i dont think shes really interested in bolywood like that.
NoThanks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I love this girl and want her to succeed in life but not in bollywood.
I wouldn't even recommend Bollywood to my enemy, such a dirty place.
🤢👎🏼
lovely_lady thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
She's really pretty. But I find SuperWoman annoying. She's too outlandish occasionally and a little too preachy as well at times. But that's just me.

But its surprising how she's met SRK and whatnot. I never expected her to go so far, she got some hustle for sure!

As for bwood, hm..I don't know. As another poster pointed out, she doesn't fit the traditional image of a bwood actress. She comes across as too brash and not dainty enough. But maybe she can change that, idk.
BollyBoy thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
You need to be able to be good at acting to make it in Bollywood especially if you're an outsider. Lilly isn't a good actress otherwise she would've been a perfect fit for Bollywood.
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
I don't know why people have this notion that anyone who is successful on TV or small screen should move to Bollywood...Not all TV actors make good movie stars and vice versa...I have heard that Kapil Sharma is winding up his show to be in the movies...why?? These people are hit on TV because of certain reasons...because TV requires different skills than movies...I wish these people who are supersuccessful in whatever they are doing...don't give it up for movies and keep doing what they are doing and for what the audience loves them.
stranger.67 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
No! She is good for those comedy videos but she dont hava a face to be in bollywood or may be she could ne in side roles!
Star_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I genuinely hope not. I won't wish Bollywood on my worst enemies.
She is a lovely, educated, charming girl. And she really needs to keep doing what she does best. Why should everyone come to Bollywood? Ek movie toh achcha banate nahi. 😆
Also, she is not conventionally European pretty. Bollywood will reject her outright. 😆 Because Indian Cinema obviously needs International faces. Unless you look European, don't even think about it.