Mr. Selfish - Rashid Ahmed Khan

divyabelle thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago

So Rashid thinks he's dying and wants to make amends before he kicks the bucket. But how can he make amends if:

1)       He does not tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Fact is, Rashid has yet to tell anyone the truth about why he abandoned his first family. His own mother only suspected that he was blackmailed in some way. And the fact that he was blackmailed does not absolve him of his own conscious decision that led to the blackmail in the first place - his extramarital affair with Shireen.

2)       He does not repent. He has not said 'I am sorry' & 'Please forgive me' to everyone that matters. These words may not help much, but at times they are a good first step. At the very least your victims should know that you really are regretful for the pain caused by your actions. Dilshad knows Rashid feels guilty. But, does Asad?

3)       He is doing it purely for selfish reasons. And that is exactly what Rashid is doing. This is mainly for his own peace of mind. Good luck with that!

4)       He does not change. Is Rashid a changed man? He seems to have gotten a little braver, but he has not changed. Just like the tears of his sons 17 years aback did little to alter his decision, the tears of his sons will again have no effect on his decision. Rashid Ahmed Khan will continue to do what is best for him, including living with both his miserable wives in someone else's house! 

5)       His actions only serve to bring about another round of pain. This time Shireen, Ayaan, Nikhat, Nuzhat and even Humeira will also share in the pain.

Colour me unimpressed Mr Rashid Ahmed Khan. 😕  

Asad-Rashid -- Asad is perfectly justified in his continued hatred of Rashid. He, Najma and Dilshad are all equal victims of Rashid's past actions. Najma, being shielded from the worst, has been able to forgive. Good for her. Now Dilshad now chooses to follow her heart and not her head. It's her call. But, why should Asad be expected to do the same? To feel liberated? To free Rashid from his guilt? Perhaps in the future this may all be possible when the entire truth is revealed, but as of now Mr. Rashid Ahmed Khan has done nothing to explain his actions to his son. Asad would be foolish to blindly forgive  Rashid at this point. Asad and Najma are now adults and at the very least they deserve honest explanations from the man who calls himself their abbu and wants their forgiveness.

Not only is he one of Rashid's victims, but Asad is the main witness to the agony this man has caused his mother. How does one react when a loved one chooses to return to a person that has been the source of her pain for so many years. All you can really do is be honest about your feelings, assure her that you'll always be there for her, wish her well, pray for her well-being & keep an eye out for her from a distance. This is all Asad can really do. But, he should in no way be expected to forgive Rashid & sing Kumbaya for anyone else's sake, be it Dilshad, Zoya and certainly not for Rashid. When Asad forgives Rashid, it should be for his own sake and when he is ready to move on. Forgiving Rashid should not mean all is fine and dandy, let's all live together. Forgiving Rashid may simply mean being comfortable with him in the same room, acknowledging his presence and exchanging pleasantries.

Dilshad-Rashid -- Rashid has wronged her and like so many women she chooses to forgive him despite the years of pain & humiliation because she loves him. But, is trust not important in a relationship? She now trusts him to not cause her pain again? But, what has Rashid done to regain Dilshad's trust? Has he told her the whole blackmail story? 

She herself has called him spineless. Does Dilshad really expect this spineless being to stand up for her and protect against Razia-Gaffur-Shireen in the Siddiqqui's own house?

Dilshad has chosen to forgive Rashid. But she is foolish to trust a man who has done nothing to earn it once again.

Although I know their past actions will be whitewashed and they will somehow be redeemed someday, Rashid and Gaffur are and will always be villains in my eyes. These two men are scumbags who abandoned their children and failed to protect the mothers of these children all for a life of comfort & prestige. 😡 So, they feel guilty. Good. I say let them live with the guilt. 😛

P.S. I love this show. 😆 😆

Edited by divyabelle - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ChaiTeaWali thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
well said :) I agree with everything you said ... before I didnt feel any hatred towards Rashid, partly because of his equation with Zoya ... but now urghh I cant stand him 🤢 ... he wants Asad to call him abbu and accept him, but why would Asad ever do that when all of Rashid's actions have shown that he doesn't give two shits about Asad's feelings. What a selfish scumbag 🤢
-AppleOfMaEye- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
TFS

well written

n i agree with u in each n every view,,

Rashid is selfish from Day 1... he is just a bl...dy bas...d,, i hate him from the Day 1.. n would do till the end of show...

how a person who makes Asad cry, can be the one being supported by me in anything,,, i just hate em... even when zoya was saying Dost, Dost.. still then i hated em.. n her too.. how come she knows Rashid better than Asad... Rashid is just a double faced dog.. wanting more than a woman in his life...n dillu,..she is just a despo...
Reemacreations thumbnail
NICE POST..
TOTALLY AGREE WITH U
--Nihirash-- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
you r right.. He is selfish..
I agree wit u!
Nice post!
KulfiBai thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Great post, Divya! :)

Rashid and Ghafoor can never be redeemed for me either, they will forever be selfish douchebags, and both, in their own ways, responsible for the death of an innocent.
HamariAduriKahn thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
totally agree with u

out of the three (Shireen Rashid and Dilshaad) I've always felt bad for the two ladies, but never for Rashid. he always claims that it's not his fault he's stuck in this situation with Shireen yet he does nothing to make amends (and I mean proper amends with explaining and asking for forgiveness) the worst part is he did nothing for 18 years, left Dilshaad Asad and Najma all alone in a tender age to fend for themselves. Then he never thought how Dilshaad will survive and now after all these years he remembers his "rights" on Dilshaad and forced his decision on everyone who opposed him. this man just sickens me now. end of story
Ramlath thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
NICE POST..👏
TOTALLY AGREE WITH U...
divyabelle thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: -Dynamite-

well said :) I agree with everything you said ... before I didnt feel any hatred towards Rashid, partly because of his equation with Zoya ... but now urghh I cant stand him 🤢 ... he wants Asad to call him abbu and accept him, but why would Asad ever do that when all of Rashid's actions have shown that he doesn't give two shits about Asad's feelings. What a selfish scumbag 🤢

Thank You. 

Yup. My biggest beef with Rashid is that he is a lousy father. He has not been a good father to any of his children. No wonder they all look to Asad for help when in trouble. 😊 
Guguminti thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Whatever he does he can't and just can't be remitted 
He is just a spineless and a selfish man 
And even Selfish is a very very small word to describe actually how mean and self centred guy he is
Even a selfish and celf centred guy for once think about his family for once but he will never
Whenever he wants someone he just wants them let it destroy every ones life he doesn't care