Mala Sinha questions Pamela Chopra's contribution!

ViccoTurmeric thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
Yesteryear actress Mala Sinha has turned down the Dadasaheb Phalke Academy Award and she is upset over the disrespect the award committee has shown towards her.

She told TOI, "The invitation card that was sent to me didn't even have my name on it. I can understand Asha Bhosle's name on it, but what was Pamela Chopra's contribution to cinema? I don't even care about that, but I have definitely made a major contribution to cinema and need to get my due respect."

Sinha, who had even attended the press conference of the award, said, "I was thrilled to be there, but I was not aware that they would be insulting me in such a way. I am really hurt with this behaviour and that is the reason I didn't go to the function. They cheated me. Not only was my name missing from the card, but the seats given to me and my husband was in the eighth row of the auditorium."

However, chairman of Phalke Academy Award, Santosh Singh Jain said, "She wanted her name on the card. There are 50 awardees and we couldn't possibly print everybody's name. Besides, Pamela Chopra was given the Saraswatibai Phalke award, which has been named after Phalke's wife, who supported her husband all through his life."

Mala Sinha has starred in over a 100 films, including Pyaasa (1957), Dhool Ka Phool (1959), Dil Tera Dewana (1962), Gumrah (1963), Himalay Ki God Mein (1965) and Ankhen (1968

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chimchimcher-ee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Pam ki paas bangla hai, gaadi hai, 2-in-1 CD changer hai... Mala ke paas kya hai?

Edited by eeyoretel - 11 years ago
791198 thumbnail
I read this yesterday. Mala sounded really pissed, it cracked me up...kind of cute though.πŸ˜† I loved her in Pyasa. Her daughter though...less said the better...what a snoozefest she was.😡

This article is not complete btw. Mala also said something along the lines of I don't want their stupid award, give it to someone else.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Edited by Dexterkilaila - 11 years ago
d-_-b thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
But Pam Chopra is the first woman in the world to give birth to invisible baby. Maa to Bollywood's Mr India.
Edited by .DejaVu - 11 years ago
d-_-b thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Chamaila-Kutrea

And the second one will be from this forum.πŸ˜‰
Okay I'll stop now. I myself am bored of teasing her now.πŸ˜†

Ever since you put your Mona lisa bai's photo ,you are acting like her. Have you started PMSing yet?πŸ˜†
Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Mala Sinha is absolutely correct and kudos to her for speaking out and not accepting the award !! πŸ‘πŸΌ

Are you kidding me, giving such BS reasons that they didn't have enough space on invitation card to print everyone's name...!! πŸ₯±
Mistyy thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
the whole thing is hilarious

and i do agree on pam chopra part, she has been hailed as Mother India ever since Yash chopra died...i get she is his wife, but i m not getting why she is getting all this attention..she has literally been at every single award function this year😳
Nkapoor3 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Pam chopra has always been an unofficial help in yash chopra movies! The story of kabhi kabhie came from her!