Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: Katelyn

[SBB] 13th Oct 2011: Barun Sobti ('Shirtless' TV Actors) [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN46ltCXSMA[/YOUTUBE]

[SBS] 13th Oct 2011: Sanaya, Deepali & Sanjay (Shashi in Hospital) - Episode 98 [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9nqPo6gSMA[/YOUTUBE]
credit to the uploader

Hi Katelyn,
I have always wanted to thank you for uploading these here as I haven't seen many of them. Although I watched the show almost from the start, I have strictly refrained from watching any off screen moments, as Barun's playfulness used to dampen ASR's intensity for me (what a delirious fictional world I used to live in!!). I watched most of these SBS, SBB segments like a marathon only after the show ended. But still missed some. So thanks again much.
wiwy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Horizon

Hi Katelyn,

I have always wanted to thank you for uploading these here as I haven't seen many of them. Although I watched the show almost from the start, I have strictly refrained from watching any off screen moments, as Barun's playfulness used to dampen ASR's intensity for me (what a delirious fictional world I used to live in!!). I watched most of these SBS, SBB segments like a marathon only after the show ended. But still missed some. So thanks again much.

I used to feel the same too. I expected Barun to be serious, no-nonsense, brooding type of guy. But somewhere down the line when I saw in the off screen videos how different he was from the character he was portraying I was stupefied! I fell in ❤️ with a brilliant actor, deeply, helplessly, effortlessly!
Thanks Kate. 🤗 You are such a sweetheart!
wiwy thumbnail

Originally posted by: supriya.arshi

New Sexy Image of Sobti 😳

Credit goes to uploaders

Superb⭐️ sweet sup, sup, supriya❤️! Barun in bullluu! What make of watch is he wearing? Can you make out? I tried and failed!
wiwy thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

thanks, arshi,

of course, she needs to get away from it all a bit. give her my regards and hello hi. 😳

Thanks Arshi. This is for Cynthia
BarunDiwani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: chalhov

Thanks Indi🤗 for telugu people its Sri vijayanaama savastra subhakashalu
meaning happy sri vijaya naama(this year's name last year was sri nandana naama) year greetings. So today was greeting everyone saying Vijaya bawa😆 had a very hectic day and now here😆

😆 so interesting so they name the New years every year? cool, see learns something new in our school of IPK!

BarunDiwani thumbnail

Originally posted by: chalhov

Ami loved reading your take on both the episodes comparing the scenes with the past and future happenings of the show the conflicting feelings in both Arnav and Khushi and the depth of emotions they understood in their hearts but still in denial mode .they way your pictures creations and collages showing all the crucial feelings of the episodes and the drool corner absolutely awesome wish the show was still going on.
My comments in blue thought I liked the entire take some portions I liked more are the colored portions

@Chalhov, thanks sooo much, loved all of your comments as always. totally agree with you, they put rights to each other like husband and wife without realizing it, imo they are spiritually wed after the teej fast breaking and how she was bought in the RM and how Nani treats her like a bahu. and yes La is only an instrument at this point, he is so much into Khushi that he can't see how unfair he is being to her...sigh...its all too good, wish the show was still going on? Meee too!...in a better direction ofcourse from how they left things!
thanks so much for like the edits again, and for so much color 🤗
BarunDiwani thumbnail

Originally posted by: wiwy

...yah, till he meets me, samjhi ya samjhaon? in IPK language, you'll be his La and i'll be his Khushi next janam, but don't worry that means you get to have some fun with him before i get him...ok i'm done being besharam now...aisa na ho ki hamaare jhagde mein Pashu fir banji maar de🤣
Edited by BarunDiwani - 11 years ago

Word Count: 0

Horizon thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

thanks, horizon,

oh, she was "admiring his beauty" as you call it alright. 😆. you'd have to be downright abnormal not to. this episode had the physical thing, and i was relieved to see it beause that's natural between a man and awoman, not just the good and nobleness of you but also the sheer attraction of you, all of it binds me. laad governor is indeed a sexy intimate call, and being bong, the daak naam or pet name is sacrosanct to me 😆. it makes you so special somehow. in this case it's her daak naam for him and even he begins to like it. their little thing.

about her english. oh that kept flying all over the place. she started with "phone" with a soft "ph" sound but along the way that corrected itself. and why sapa when she could catch his dictation in a cell phone and type it out accurately. she knew english alright. all this, i suppose is to add "cuteness," set her apart from la, show how "good" people don't really value the "foreign " tongue. nor all these "indulgences." basic pandering to whom i really don't know because i do believe audiences are too intelligent to get taken in by such things. (interestingly, even in english vinglish, our awkward relationship with a language that has been spoken and taught and read in our country for almost 400 years is evident. after mastering the language in three weeks, ahem, she gives a stunning speech in it but chooses to read the hindi newspaper and thsi makes her husband feel comfortable... oh the tales within tales, and how i don't get them. well, they are welcome to their opinion, i consider english to be an indian language by now, it's been around for too long in my land, my tongue, my writing, my mind for me to to say it ain't mine.)

also, note, seems only mami and la do "makeupiya" and get all hyper about sapa and parlour; khushi and payal wake up in the morning looking lovely, their lipstick, eye make up, wig all a part of them 😳. good indian girls only spend hours fixing their bindis, putting kaajal, and chameli tel. now this "unreal" edge to story telling is i guess not going away from indian tv and its portrayal of the achchi girls.

but delightfully, they never tried to make the boy "achcha" and suddenly the whole wide world was identifying with him.

I know Indi, some how my little vocabulary goes out of the window and only "beauty" comes to my mind when I see this drop dead gorgeous face!😆..
I was not aware of this Bang's specific penchant with nicknames, thanks for letting know. But LG was the most intimate, no wonder he used that one during the kidnapping.
Yes, feeding is indeed such an intimate moment between a man and a woman (as it is incorporated as one of the imp rituals in traditional weddings as well) as you rightly said reaching a man's heart through stomach ..feeding/fueling not only his stomach but probably his desires too!
Can't agree more with you about English. We, as a country, especially in the TV land are in eternal denial, about a language that was probably enforced initially but later on firmly imbibed into our culture and society. For that matter Sanskrit shares a closer lineage to some European languages than it does with some of the Indian.
One of the initial dialogues actually perplexed me when during photoshoot, while wearing the red saree, Khushi says "hum bhi yahan ke hain, yahan se padhe hain, phir bhi apne jadon ke kareeb hai" (we are from this land, got educated here, YET we are close to our roots). So is it taken for granted that people who are educated are NOT close to their roots/traditions??? How judgmental! Only reinforces what you said that "good" girls stay away from foreign tongue and that her jhalliness was adapted rather innate with how inconsistent it looked.
As you said about English- vinglish, it is such a regressive portrayal that being close to one's roots means to abhor a language that is firmly ingrained into one's every day life for the past few centuries.
You see all good girls are "natural" beauties, they don't get break outs..and Spas and Parlors are NOT needed for solah singar!! :)
Although the makers intended to portray him so called bura and weird, he ended being the closest to all human emotions of love, anger, jealousy and passion.. that we can't help but see a reflection of us in him!!

Originally posted by: BarunDiwani

😆 I see your cute rivalry is still on! Love you both dearly! 😆 🤗

Word Count: 0

Horizon thumbnail

Originally posted by: wiwy

I used to feel the same too. I expected Barun to be serious, no-nonsense, brooding type of guy. But somewhere down the line when I saw in the off screen videos how different he was from the character he was portraying I was stupefied! I fell in ❤️ with a brilliant actor, deeply, helplessly, effortlessly!
Thanks Kate. 🤗 You are such a sweetheart!

Agree Wiwy, one's respect for Barun's talents indeed grows immensely for the polar opposite of him that he portrayed on screen. But if I had seen him more that time I have to accept the fictionality of ASR.. which I was reluctant to! Pagal me!!