Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

--Iqra-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: canuck-umz

Lol it's okay. I am great man how you been? Chit chat is suni suni because I haven't really been on it 😉 How you been?

I'm good too. 😳 But, it's really suni suni. 😆 There's like 23 pages for 3 months. You should go to it. 😆 😛
serendipity. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Saba Qamar totally deserved it... but i dont mind Mahira Khan getting it... it'll boost her confidence up and urge her to do better?
Saba Qamar can not really as such be compared to Mahira Khan.. she's amazing, experienced and from an early stage could be compared to the likes of Sania Saeed and Savera... but Mahira was certainly better than what Savera was at the start of her career. Mahira is hardly 3 dramas old. These ppl are veterans.
Saba Qamar is absolutely amazing, goegeous and the most deserving... but again, i dont mind Mahira getting it cz unlike a few others, i do like her and appreciate for her acting. It was marvelous in both Shehre Zaat and Humsafar. Definitely people must have seen something and voted?
canuck-umz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: starstruckk

Umz, did you have your spring break yet?

I'm on spring break right now..and I got a shit loads of stuff to get done for school..but mehhh..will do it all Sunday night..😆

We get reading week in the 3rd week of February. I had been really busy the past little while myself which is why I was barely coming around on IF. I just have one more midterm in 2 weeks and then final exams in a month.
raspberrytorte thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Mahira was at her best in Humsafar, she was just so-so in Shehr-e-Zaat. And rahi baat Faisal Qureshi winning awards, then there's no argument necessary for that cos we all know that FAK is amazing so it doesn't rlly matter who takes the award i guess lol
sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Mahira is over-rated, both in acting and looks. I know I shouldn't talk about anyone's looks but let's just say, Mahira is durr ke dhol suhane. But these were popular choice awards where the voting was done online and through sms. Online and sms generation is the one who was totally crazy over Humsafar and hence by default over FK and MK and this crazy generation would do all sort of stuff to make their favorites win. Thus, Mahira won. I knew that she would the moment I saw the nominations, too much experience with crazy fangirls.

Haan, had she won against these people in a critics or jury award, that would've caused Hum TV to receive infinite flames. Because all the other ladies are veterans and well known actresses, the ones who not only did wonderful work in 2012 but also the ones you can actually remember easily while making a list of top 5 actresses of TV industry.

Anyway, this was the first year...I am ready to give Hum Awards a benefit of doubt for now...maybe next year they'll learn and set the standard high?
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mais

Mahira is over-rated, both in acting and looks. I know I shouldn't talk about anyone's looks but let's just say, Mahira is durr ke dhol suhane. But these were popular choice awards where the voting was done online and through sms. Online and sms generation is the one who was totally crazy over Humsafar and hence by default over FK and MK and this crazy generation would do all sort of stuff to make their favorites win. Thus, Mahira won. I knew that she would the moment I saw the nominations, too much experience with crazy fangirls.

Haan, had she won against these people in a critics or jury award, that would've caused Hum TV to receive infinite flames. Because all the other ladies are veterans and well known actresses, the ones who not only did wonderful work in 2012 but also the ones you can actually remember easily while making a list of top 5 actresses of TV industry.

Anyway, this was the first year...I am ready to give Hum Awards a benefit of doubt for now...maybe next year they'll learn and set the standard high?

I agree completely.

I just hope next year they stop being cheap and actually put in money for a few more trophies which are critics based. At this rate, I don't ever see any fair winner, ever. Needless to say every other award show in our country is voting based..which just predicts so many things ahead of time..might as well ask the good actors/actresses to pull out their nominees or something beforehand. 😆
starstruckk thumbnail
I forgot to even mention Sanam Baloch.

Sanam Baloch wasn't even nominated for one of her best shows - Durre Shahwar..Umera wasn't even nominated for best writer for DeS? Now Durre Shahwar isn't even based off a novel..and it was really well written/directed etc..yet you're going to snub that completely? All of Umera's other shows were included except DeS? And, Sanam nominated for Roshan Sitara and not DeS is the most ridiculous thing ever.

Good thing she didn't show up..at least I don't think she did.
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: canuck-umz

We get reading week in the 3rd week of February. I had been really busy the past little while myself which is why I was barely coming around on IF. I just have one more midterm in 2 weeks and then final exams in a month.

oh nice..I am on spring break right now..then back to school next week..my finals aren't till may though.

good luck with everything!
sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Pakistanis just need some reason to earn some extra money :P They can't help but make all these star studded awards voting based. Online voting means traffic on the website means money. SMS voting tou is money anyway but seriously, they should balance between masses and classes. I haven't followed these awards much but I read that it wasn't a very critically acclaimed night? I have hopes that they will do something better next year and hopefully go on from that. But critics award tou is a must if they intend to hand out honored awards like candies :-/
itzMYattitude thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
i dont even wanna talk about her :p

dont worry dear
saba qamar got sitara imtiaz something 2 years back
whats better than that

everything is about ur damn luck
u think a person should get an award only becoz he is popular
thats the worst thing ever
y even she was nominated if fawad wasn't
it was obvious that humsafar fans will vote for mahira, the reason of not nominting fawad should have been applicable here as well =(