Few directors make proper Hindi films:Sajid Khan

hasini009 thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Besides making high grossing films that entertain audiences across all sections, director Sajid Khan is an avid cinema watcher.

"I watch 3 films a day and my all time Hindi favourites include Sholay, Half Ticket and Himmatwala (the original)", says Sajid.

Although cinema is his passion, Sajid believes he's still learning the ropes. "I have only started making movies. I'm not a great director. And I'm not trying to be modest, just very honest. I'm still learning the craft of film making" adds the director.

Sajid also believes in the cinema made by fellow directors and believes their number to be only a handful. "I am a huge fan of Raj Kumar Hirani and his storytelling is extraordinary. I also like Farah and Rohit Shetty's films. In the industry, there are very few such directors who make proper Hindi cinema that cuts across all regions".

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2013-01-31/news-interviews/36658459_1_sajid-khan-himmatwala-cinema

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Finally he admits he's not a great director. I was expecting another W*F comment by him though πŸ˜†
816870 thumbnail
I think he forgot to mention his most favorite film ever. Darna Zaroori Hai
Edited by rambo_rajkumar - 11 years ago
monu_tan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Nowadays any Tom, Dick Harry can become a director. They just need connections and a superstar in their movies.
Kal El thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: NadzGirl...

Finally he admits he's not a great director. I was expecting another W*F comment by him though πŸ˜†

He has never claimed to be a great director. He is pretty open and honest about this: he is not making great cinema, he is not making movies for critical acclaim or anything. He makes them for the public many of whom obviously love his movies for them to be blockbusters. πŸ˜†
hasini009 thumbnail

and i am not one of themπŸ˜†

816870 thumbnail
I still think Himmatwala will be his best till date
abjbdishiuw thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Sajid's next directorial venture-remake of half ticket!!

(don't think he'll remake sholay..nothing can beat RGV's version)
MR.KooL thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Bohot jaldi iski akal theekana aagayi..chalo der aaye durust aayeπŸ˜†
662107 thumbnail

Originally posted by: LoveKatrinaKaif

Sajid Khan is the worst director.

Himmatwala looks so bad, it looks worse than hey baby and houseful 1, houseful 2.

Ajay just can't do comedy, he is cringe worthy comedy and makes the movie to a horror. Really terrible trailer.

πŸ˜†

Word Count: 1