Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rabz_14 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: -Shenaz-

Off topic:

Sanam baloch got married yesterday and no I am not joking guys. Check her official page on Fb. They have pics together. Nikkah pics will be posted soon. hs name is Abdullah Farhatullah.

congrats to them
Edited by Rabz_14 - 10 years ago
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: avidwatcher1

I think that Sikander will stop the violence, but it's sad that Kiran couldn't be a part of his nature now.

I thought it was interesting how his friend reacted when he heard about the talaaq. He said, unless he was violent, she didn't have a right to behave so stubbornly. And it seems like Fahads eyes opened, when he heard that his friend also said saqkti, doesn't mean hitting her. Wish this conversation has happened before. 💔

I'm not sure how much happier Kiran is gonna be with Adnan. Looking at his condition, and what she has experienced. She did love Sikander, otherwise it wouldn't have bothered her that he moved on so fast, I wish she had given it some time, before asking for talaaq.

Had Kiran stayed, I don't think Sikandar would ever change. That's the point - Sikandar loves Kiran the most in the world (as he repeatedly claims), and her drastic decision to leave him and end their marriage is what triggers the change. Kiran leaving him is what helps him realize his mistake, whereas while she was with him, he would convince himself into believing that Kiran was overreacting and all marriages works the same way.

*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
In the picture above, Sanam Baloch's husband looks like a vampire from like True Blood or the Twilight series or something. Weirrrd.
OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Finally watched until episode 9! They're married..
OnlyHope thumbnail
Episode 10 now:

I like the scene where they decide they'll call each other's mother ammi, instead of Aunty..I always feel that lacks in a lot of couples/families in our society..especially when it comes to guys referring to their mother in laws. It's just another level of apnapan when guys start calling their mother in laws ami...I FEEL! 😆
Edited by OnlyHope - 10 years ago
OnlyHope thumbnail
"Second best kyun doon, jab unhone apni zindagi ka best mujhe diya" 😳 Can Kiran get any cuter? 😳

-episode 12-

So..Sikandar asks his mom "what choice do I have?" when his wife talks back to him..or disrespects him, etc..
I was SHOCKED..what choice do you have? I mean...so YOU have no choice and you raise your hand, but what do you GET? Satisfaction that you're more powerful than her? I ask such men..what choice does the girl have in such a situation? 🤔

PS- I'm hating Sikandar's character, which goes to show how amazing Fahad is at this! :P
And the breakfast scene between Kiran and her mother in law..the morning after he slaps her..it was so emotional..her mother in law understood her turmoil..cause she went through the same exact thing years back.

-episode 13-

Mujhe aapse mohabbat hai. Lekin mohabbat khatam bhi hosakti hai

^ That's strong. And Kiran's expression were that of a strong willed woman, who isn't scared to look her husband in the eye and tell him that yes, I love you, but I will not tolerate abuse. When she says this, Sikandar was appalled..as in some deep shock. He doesn't know whom he's facing and even from here on out..the only "choice" he has is to slap her. What a fail in the name of being a man.
Edited by OnlyHope - 10 years ago
Gujar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
^ Sikander is a class act Fari nobody could've done this role the way he did, the scene that I posted in star's thread where he's thinking back to his childhood and the abuse his Mother suffered was beyond words.
Edited by 2direct. - 10 years ago
Gujar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: *Woh Ajnabee*

Haha, that's true - verbal communication may be limited, but in a marriage, it requires feelings, or rather it should require feelings or an attachment of some sort if not love, right? I think this poses some serious questions in our society about the desperation of women to please husbands and sacrifice their self respect to save a marriage in hopes that the husband will develop feelings for the wife. Most of the time, however, I think the girl just ends up emotionally attached and the devastation is greater when she gives her husband her everything and gets nothing in return. It is merely physical at that point - I think Aarzoo will experience something like that on the show (I had to take it back to Kankar so we're not going off on a tangent. Haha.)

True, but feelings are sometimes prevalent within, though not so outward/external but more often than not completely overridden by other factors for example Sikander's case here, it's an extreme one that is ridden with so many complexities of which Arzoo will bear the brunt as you mentioned.

Originally posted by: *Woh Ajnabee*

By upper hand, I mean "greater rights". A man has permission to marry four wives (I'm providing a mere list here and leaving out the whys), a man can divorce his wife just through a verbal statement, wheras a woman gets to marry one man and has to go to court to get a divorce. Why are the differences there? And if everything is balanced, shouldn't women have some rights of their own that men are not privileged to?

I don't think there is a concept of "greater rights" especially if it's about drawing comparisons/differences between the rights of both male & female. They're all absolutely equal in the spiritual aspect. Women have been granted rights undoubtedly, but in some matters a man has a larger 'stake' meaning a greater responsibility in some issues, which doesn't mean bigger 'perks' there's a flip side to it in the sense that only he'll be held liable & accountable for it in the Hereafter & not his wife. At least that's my limited understanding of it. Regarding the questions you've raised? I wish I knew:) and those are valid questions.
Edited by 2direct. - 10 years ago
OnlyHope thumbnail

Kankar has really gotten me thinking about so many different things that happen in our society, including domestic abuse, unfair treatment, etc. But something that especially made me pensive was how a divorced woman is treated by those around her. Everyone wants to sympathize with the girl and badmouth the guy just to gossip more, but when it comes to bringing that same girl home as your daughter in law, you're the first person to turn your back towards her. You can't even put that girl and respect in the same sentence anymore. Why? 🤔 Because of the stupid, silly divorce tag? Why such hostility towards someone who has experienced such an incident, which wasn't exactly by her choice either 🤔 Oh our hypocritical society! -_-

ibelieveinpink thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Finally all caught up.

I love that talk b/w Sikander and his friend--the guilt was so evident post that conversation. He clearly still loves her and I really wish someone other than Fahad was playing SIkander b/c I adore fahad so much. 😆

Arzoo is bound to be in a loveless marriage. I don't think Sikander will hit her but he will never love her.

Rukshar makes me boil with anger. There's something about her that turns me off. Who is she so place judgement on anyone?! And then telling her mom to beward of Adnan...shit like this makes me think and say out loud, "This is why you aren't married!"--I know it's mean but if you're always so negative and judgmental about people...God is never going to give you true happiness. Clean hearts FTW.

Kiran is a savior. She is a fighter. Thank you Starstruckk for mentioning the other choices b/c it stengthens my belief how versatile and perfect Sanam is as an actress. The dimensions she added to Kiran are phenmenonal...sometimes I see these looks on her face or these expressions in her eyes that were probably not written in the script of intended by the director but somehow Sanam just connects and brings it out. She is so amazing--I love the final confrontation scene with her in-laws. Her MIL is so spineless.

Faiqa annoys me...like I said if you don't have a clean heart, you never get real happiness and I think karma will show this to us soon.

Something I needed to say but keep forgetting too. I think Sikander wouldn't have started to hit Kiran if his friend hadn't suggested he be more strong in his approach nor if his mom kept instigating him. Like, his mom should have helped out more with the situation. Sikander only acted on those impluses (they were totally wrong and I'm justifying it) b/c Faiqa poisons Sik's mom's mind and his mom keeps bitching Kiran out. And Kiran is totally justified in expressing her POV. Even with this whole abuse/loosing her child--not once did the mother apologize. Like that could totally change Sikander's behavior if his mom had intervened and stopped him when the first slap happened.

I don't know why parents like this try to hide their children's mistakes. Thank god Sikander finally expressed it to dad and mom that he saw that since childhood. It makes me feel sympathy for the guy--it's not his fault that his family life was so brutual and his mom should have taught this to him as a child--never beat your wife.

Making Kiran's dad a wife beater too was so unnecessary.