Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: *Woh Ajnabee*

I highly doubt that seeing how the OST shows they have a baby together. πŸ˜†

They can have a baby together, obviously they are husband and wife.πŸ˜† But I know he won't give her any love. It's like being a husband and wife just to show everyone but not having that relationship.

I don't think the idea is that he changes all of a sudden. What they are really trying to depict on the show is that you never truly know someone until you live with them. Sikandar appears to be this great guy who'll be a perfect husband, but he's not. He has a problem.

Rukhsar's character is also a product of our society. Our society forces girls to turn so bitter and desperate - any girl in Rukshar's position would change into her. She even tells her fiance on the phone this week that she has lost her true personality over the years. It's sad.

That is what I meant. Uski true personality ek dam se samne aayi. In the scene just before that he was so loving! And he made a big fuss over such a small issue.

About Rukhsar, I don't think every girl would react the way she does. It's all about patience. There are some girls out there who don't even get a rishta.
OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: 2direct.

@cookie - You must watch it from start to finish:), I can categorically say Fahad is the best if you take pure undiluted gritty acting/character portrayal into account and discard the hype and other factors out from the criterion. Likewise with Sanam though for me both Sanams are on the same level I can't really pick one

Took me a while to realize you were talking to ME! 😳
I read your entire comment and I'm like but WHO is he replying to 🀣

YES, I have to watch it and I WILL...soon 😳
OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: HeavenlyBliss.

You told me you can't see Fahad in that roleπŸ˜†

Per ab Star aur Naj ke comments parh parh ke I'm really inclined..especially for his expressions..and non verbal part of acting..
.Iconoclast. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

I highly doubt that seeing how the OST shows they have a baby together. πŸ˜†

πŸ˜† Aisa kya.
Yeah Fari watch it :P abhi to main bhi bohat peeche hoon...he hasn't hit her yet :(
And even I knew cookie was you!
avidwatcher1 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
I think that Sikander will stop the violence, but it's sad that Kiran couldn't be a part of his nature now.
I thought it was interesting how his friend reacted when he heard about the talaaq. He said, unless he was violent, she didn't have a right to behave so stubbornly. And it seems like Fahads eyes opened, when he heard that his friend also said saqkti, doesn't mean hitting her. Wish this conversation has happened before. πŸ’”

I'm not sure how much happier Kiran is gonna be with Adnan. Looking at his condition, and what she has experienced. She did love Sikander, otherwise it wouldn't have bothered her that he moved on so fast, I wish she had given it some time, before asking for talaaq.
It looks like there's not much to the story left. But I heard there were supposedly 28 episodes in total! Ab kya baaki rehgaya? Divorce to hogayi hai
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: 2direct.

I guess it's because the act itself doesn't require communication, not verbal anyway :)

But seriously I guess it's just how we are, we switch off, keep everything else aside and cater to our "needs" so to speak. So you just submit to the will and go with the flow.

About the "upper hand" question. I guess it boils down to one's individual perception & how we interpret it. One may see it has an "upper hand" given how women in Pakistan are subjugated the minute the step into their sasural with no right to vote or say anything. "Upper hand" is probably not the right term in the literal sense, but I guess more of a complementary role or an "improved status" if compared to how they were before. Nevertheless I'll try n dig up some stuff when time permits.

Thanks for compliment: at least someone's encouraging:) My interest developed after listening to Israr Ahmed he wasn't a poet but just a da'ee but I was pretty enarmoured with his use of sophisticated vocab at the right time, that was of interest to me more than the overall message he'd try and convey through his lecturesπŸ˜†
Just realised you post in the BB section as well:).

Haha, that's true - verbal communication may be limited, but in a marriage, it requires feelings, or rather it should require feelings or an attachment of some sort if not love, right? I think this poses some serious questions in our society about the desperation of women to please husbands and sacrifice their self respect to save a marriage in hopes that the husband will develop feelings for the wife. Most of the time, however, I think the girl just ends up emotionally attached and the devastation is greater when she gives her husband her everything and gets nothing in return. It is merely physical at that point - I think Aarzoo will experience something like that on the show (I had to take it back to Kankar so we're not going off on a tangent. Haha.)

Sure the physical needs are there, but in a society where women (and men to some extent) are able to control those needs well into their 20s, it's hard to imagine that a few months into a marriage the needs become so great. I think it ties more with the idea of a submissive wife and the dire need to keep her marriage no matter what, so a girl gives up whatever she can to save the marriage. Other than that, I think any girl with any ounce of self-respect would not give up herself to a man that repeatedly mistreats and disrespects her. Of course I'm speaking here of an ideal society where no other societal expectations mattered.

By upper hand, I mean "greater rights". A man has permission to marry four wives (I'm providing a mere list here and leaving out the whys), a man can divorce his wife just through a verbal statement, wheras a woman gets to marry one man and has to go to court to get a divorce. Why are the differences there? And if everything is balanced, shouldn't women have some rights of their own that men are not privileged to?

Sorry, I don't know anything about Urdu literature, so I have no idea who that is. Urdu poetry is more fascinating because of its vocabulary and how beautiful those words sound when spoken out loud without even comprehending their meaning.

Yes - BB is a guilty pleasure. :)

*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Aisa hi kuch. Last I checked anyway. πŸ˜†