Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: starstruckk

The OST does a good job in not revealing anything from Kiran's side. I really hope she has a happy ending.

Thank God for that! Otherwise the OST give away the entire show, I don't understand why they do that! Ruins all the mystery - but this time I'm really curious how this show will wrap up. If Kiran marries Adnan, she will have a happy ending, I'm pretty sure. So my curiosity lies more with how Sikandar and Aarzoo will turn out. I want Sikandar to be a better person, but I don't want him to stop loving Kiran. Haha.

Also, I loved SB in the scene with her mother especially when she, despite being the strong girl she is, breaks down wondering how Sikandar can move on so quickly. The innocence and heartbreak was portrayed beautifully.

Back to the OST - we all know that Sikandar and Aarzoo will have a baby in the future. What I fail to understand in Pakistani shows (and subsequently Pakistani society), people have bad marriages, don't get along, have no real relationship, can't stand each other but in the end - yeh bacchey kahan se paida ho jaatey gain?!

Sorry to put it so crudely, but I just don't get it. πŸ˜†
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail

Originally posted by: NigelMolesworth

I think it's right to show Sikandar regretting. It will be bad if the guy refuses to even touch her. That way Aarzoo will realize that Kiran was right.

I highly doubt that seeing how the OST shows they have a baby together. πŸ˜†
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail

Originally posted by: HeavenlyBliss.

It saddens me so much when I see Sikandar and Kiran after marriage scenes, he was so loving and treated her like a queen, he even bought her a car and whatever she liked :( how did he just changee all of a sudden? Just because she went to her sisters dholki without his permission? It isn't even such a big issue. :/

And Rukhsar has been annoying since the beginning! She's so selfish and ungrateful.

I don't think the idea is that he changes all of a sudden. What they are really trying to depict on the show is that you never truly know someone until you live with them. Sikandar appears to be this great guy who'll be a perfect husband, but he's not. He has a problem.

Rukhsar's character is also a product of our society. Our society forces girls to turn so bitter and desperate - any girl in Rukshar's position would change into her. She even tells her fiance on the phone this week that she has lost her true personality over the years. It's sad.
OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: starstruckk

I think you're missing out on a great show though. That scene would've been another thing altogether if you were following the drama thoroughly.

I'm going to..

The scene is still stuck in my mind for various reasons..
Gujar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Shenaz-

He looks old though.

I can't believe it either Shenaz, still in shock. I wish her all the best n everything but still...
Edited by 2direct. - 10 years ago
Gujar thumbnail

Originally posted by: *Woh Ajnabee*

people have bad marriages, don't get along, have no real relationship, can't stand each other but in the end - yeh bacchey kahan se paida ho jaatey gain?!

Sorry to put it so crudely, but I just don't get it. πŸ˜†

I guess it's because the act itself doesn't require communication, not verbal anyway :)

But seriously I guess it's just how we are, we switch off, keep everything else aside and cater to our "needs" so to speak. So you just submit to the will and go with the flow.

About the "upper hand" question. I guess it boils down to one's individual perception & how we interpret it. One may see it has an "upper hand" given how women in Pakistan are subjugated the minute the step into their sasural with no right to vote or say anything. "Upper hand" is probably not the right term in the literal sense, but I guess more of a complementary role or an "improved status" if compared to how they were before. Nevertheless I'll try n dig up some stuff when time permits.

Thanks for compliment: at least someone's encouraging:) My interest developed after listening to Israr Ahmed he wasn't a poet but just a da'ee but I was pretty enarmoured with his use of sophisticated vocab at the right time, that was of interest to me more than the overall message he'd try and convey through his lecturesπŸ˜†
Just realised you post in the BB section as well:).
Gujar thumbnail
@cookie - You must watch it from start to finish:), I can categorically say Fahad is the best if you take pure undiluted gritty acting/character portrayal into account and discard the hype and other factors out from the criterion. Likewise with Sanam though for me both Sanams are on the same level I can't really pick one

Originally posted by: -Sania-

I think next episode mein kiran aur adnan ki shadi bhi ho jai gi 😳 dono hi super fast hain πŸ˜†

πŸ˜† as long as she gets the respect <3

Originally posted by: OnlyHope

I haven't followed all through, but been in the AT throughout :P
And aaj, I wanted to see that scene..so ended up watching it..and.. *sigh*

You told me you can't see Fahad in that roleπŸ˜†

Originally posted by: *Woh Ajnabee*

You can take care of parents without living with them, although I do realize it can be difficult. I could counter your question with what about a girl who has no brother and marries - who takes care of her parents?

You're welcome for the translations :P

Well if the girls parents have no son and they're old and need to be taken care of or if they're ill, I think they should be able to stay with their daughters so their daughter and son-in-law should take their responsibility. Same with a guys parents. I think it's so unfair that parents raise their children with so much time and effort only to be sent to a nursing home later when they need their children the most :( it's heartbreaking