Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Gujar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: HeavenlyBliss.

I always thought a husband has to keep it balanced between his wife and mother with his earnings and everything. I never knew if she demands a seperate home, then hes obliged to get one. Who takes care of the parents then? :S Since daughters leave their home after marriage, and if the son also moves out...wouldn't the parents be left alone?

You can still look after the parents and fulfil their rights living seperately from them Hinna πŸ˜†

Yea it's mentioned in the Bukhari Hadees I read and enquired about.

Edited by 2direct. - 10 years ago
OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Hinna, the emphasis isn't on how the son will take care of the parents, rather on the fact that the daughter in law isn't obligated to do so. In our society, mother-in-laws make it a rule of thumb, rather call it a gunah, if a daughter in law is hesitant to take care of them, or live together, etc etc. But according to Islam (which is what's being discussed here), then kids only have obligations towards their own parents, not of their spouses. A woman has full rights to have her separate home. Now, it's another story how the woman uses/abuses this right because let's face it, when woman are aware of this right, their demands also reach skies, regardless of the financial capability of their husband, which isn't quite right either.
avidwatcher1 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
If a woman leaves her home and her parents to get married, then I see no problem in a man doing so as well. It helps make it equal, and I think the hatred that gathers in mother in law and daughter in law will also be reduced.
This is not to say that the wife has duty to her parents and husband to his. But, in our society, husbands feel their parents come before wife's parents, and dismiss her rights to care for them, I think this is not right.
I know but I was saying when parents get old or when they are ill, wouldnt they need someone to live with them? If the wife wants to live seperately, then is the son obliged to send them to a nursing home? :/
OnlyHope thumbnail
In that case, technically a wife could be understanding enough? I mean that's about the relationship she shares with her husband and is a personal thing rather than the matter having a religious ruling (as far as I know).
Thats the thing, in our society its not just men who are misusing their rights but also womenπŸ€” that's if they are given the rights in the first place by their husband, because nowadays I just see the emphasis on men's rights after marriage. Noone talks about womens rights.
MereMahiyaa. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Marriagee happening

:(
OnlyHope thumbnail
It's like a re-do of Kiran's marriage πŸ˜†
-Lostindreams thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
BTW anyones knows who Kiran/Sanam will get married 2.
I read before the show started tht she will get married 2 an old man.
But is no sign of him in the ost.
Edited by -Lostindreams - 10 years ago
OnlyHope thumbnail
^ I heard the same from Meeph because she read the story it's apparently based on.
But no signs of an old man..I'd be happy if she marries anyone who respects her, but NOT an old man πŸ€”
Edited by OnlyHope - 10 years ago