Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: 2direct.

Absolutely. In some scenarios men have the upper hand & vice versa. To maintain that equilibrium, things have been assigned for that purpose.

I was having this discussion with my mom just yesterday - and just out of curiosity wanted to ask you guys where you think women have been given the "upper hand" in Islam. If men and women are balanced in the rights they have given, when do women have the "upper hand" over men?
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail

Originally posted by: 2direct.

Apna aqs dekhna kissi mein, issey mohabbat nahi junoon kehte hain woh kahe na kahe uski marzi log humein ishq kehte hain, hote hain uski baaho mein toh karte hain rashq nahi hote woh paas toh Najam hum unki yaad se lipate khayaal mein khoye rehte hain.

What do the words in red mean? Did you write this?!
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail

Originally posted by: starstruckk

but yeah, I agree!...and doesn't she have great, silky hair? I guess it's a Sanam thing.

Sanam is absolutely gorgeous, Star, but let's not get carried away - a hair straightener and the right hair products will have your hair looking just as silky. :)
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail

I think Arzoo just chooses not to believe the reality between Sikandar and Kiran. To her and her mother for that matter, whatever Kiran claims to say about Sikandar (abusing/hitting her etc) is all made up and Kiran is just being ungrateful to have a husband like Sikandar...after seeing next week's promo, I feel that's exactly how it is...because Arzoo father seems to question her asking and what if it's not a lie? I think that's in regards to what Kiran has to say about Sikandar. They don't perceive Sikandar to be like that at all as to them he's some prince charming who Kiran stole from them.

I'm with you on this one, Star - Aarzoo is so infatuated with Sikandar that she doesn't even stop to consider that he might be the one at fault. She only sees Kiran as the bad guy here. I really want to see that scene with Aarzoo and her father, I think he will ask her the same as you said - wonder how she will justify it. It better be a good scene because it will probably be one she recalls after she learns about Sikandar's reality. I hate when we have to relisten/rewatch the old scenes and they're terrible dialogues to begin with. 😆

Aarzoo is delusional. Reminds me of Sara in Humsafar. Mothers are so stupid sometimes - they force these obsessions on these girls at a young age promising them these cousins as husbands in the future and that's all they have left. That one dream of marrying this one guy they've been told they'll be with. That's where there life begins and end with those dreams, and when/if it doesn't work out, they have nothing left. No personal identity outside of these men. Aarzoo and Sara are both the kind of characters I feel sorry for because they were forced into this obsession by their mothers/family.
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail

I sometimes wonder where Sanam Baloch pulls out all these emotions from within her. When you look at the girl, she seems like this innocent, bubbly person who may just be suited for the girl next door kind of roles..but she literally can pull off anything and so convincingly. I guess that's why she's an actress, and a great one.

Fun fact for all that do not know. Saba Qamar and Mahira Khan were also considered for the role of Kiran before Sanam Baloch.

I'm so glad Sanam was selected in the end - I like the other two but they would not have justified Kiran's character. I feel like Saba Qamar would have become the bitter, angry girl who demands a divorce and Mahira Khan would have personified Kiran as the "bechari" girl that ends up in an abusive marriage. Sanam Baloch is doing a fantastic job because you feel sorry for her but you still see her as the strong girl who stands true to her identity and refuses to give up her self-respect for an abusive marriage. Aahhh, I love this girl! See, Star? It's not just you! 😆
avidwatcher1 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Agree with you all. Aarzoo is going blindly with her infatuation with Fahad. But, you know, I wonder, he did apologize sooo many times to Kiran, and her family, he even got his parents to apologize, and they promised it wouldn't happen again. So, my question is, do you think that 1) situation will not be repeated with Aarzoo, since they have all learned a lesson 2) kiran has pushed it too far, and will end up loosing a guy that really does love her, but needs maturing, time, and perhaps anger management or counseling. After all, his father and her father both changed with time.

Originally posted by: *Woh Ajnabee*

Aks means reflection. Rashk means envy I think
Gujar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

I was having this discussion with my mom just yesterday - and just out of curiosity wanted to ask you guys where you think women have been given the "upper hand" in Islam. If men and women are balanced in the rights they have given, when do women have the "upper hand" over men?

One example would be her post marriage rights, when a woman gets married and shifts to her Husbands home, if it is a joint family setup and the wife demands to have a seperate home, it becomes obligatory for the husband to fulfill that demand, nor is the wife obliged to take care of her husband's family i.e parents, siblings etc. That's the son's duty. If she does it on her own accord her own will then that's her own choice otherwise she isn't required to do anything of the sort.

The husband is also obligated to spend his earnings on his wife first and then his own Mother. She has the first right to his salary. Now you see so much of cultural invasion/influences, that people infuse it with our Deen and the lines subsequently blur.

Those are some examples, my knowledge of Islam is very limited so I have a lot to learn myself 😆
Edited by 2direct. - 10 years ago
Gujar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Aqs = reflection
Rashq can have several meanings, envy, pain, jealousy that stems from posessing something you have or don't have. It can also mean "pride" which is what it means in my post above given the context.
Yep, I wrote it. Make feeble attempts now n then! :)
Edited by 2direct. - 10 years ago
I always thought a husband has to keep it balanced between his wife and mother with his earnings and everything. I never knew if she demands a seperate home, then hes obliged to get one. Who takes care of the parents then? :S Since daughters leave their home after marriage, and if the son also moves out...wouldn't the parents be left alone?