Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Iconoclast. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: tot-batot

I do not think Kiran was wrong in protesting when sikandar refused to go to her sister's place. I mean how many times it happens in our life that no matter how tired we are or how much we do not want to go somewhere but we still go because of the relations. It depends on how much importance you give to a certain relation.

Don't agree. If I'm not in the mood, I refuse to go. It has nothing to do with importance, respect or love.

tot-batot thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: NigelMolesworth

Don't agree. If I'm not in the mood, I refuse to go. It has nothing to do with importance, respect or love.

That's you but many people don't, in fact can't. It happened to me even. My first cousin ki mehendi pai I couldn't refuse to go, especially when I was among the people on behalf of whom mehendi invitation was sent out. Albeit I was really tired after coming back from office and I am among very "qunooti" type people. I do not really like to go at every place. I like to stay at home. Even then I had to go, couldn't refuse because of the relation.
.Iconoclast. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: tot-batot

That's you but many people don't, in fact can't. It happened to me even. My first cousin ki mehendi pai I couldn't refuse to go, especially when I was among the people on behalf of whom mehendi invitation was sent out. Albeit I was really tired after coming back from office and I am among very "qunooti" type people. I do not really like to go at every place. I like to stay at home. Even then I had to go, couldn't refuse because of the relation.

I was objecting to the last line. I'm not disrespecting or giving someone less importance if I refuse them. Again, situations matter. Mehendi or Wedding is an important and one time affair but refusing a dinner because you're tired or unwell is okay. Kiran was just being silly when she threw stuff and showed tantrums.
tot-batot thumbnail

Originally posted by: NigelMolesworth

I was objecting to the last line. I'm not disrespecting or giving someone less importance if I refuse them. Again, situations matter. Mehendi or Wedding is an important and one time affair but refusing a dinner because you're tired or unwell is okay. Kiran was just being silly when she threw stuff and showed tantrums.

No I can give you many examples beside wedding where you can not refuse to go. You might not be disrespecting them but you can not stop people from thinking. Here is another example for you. My department arranged a dawat for my manager after his shadi. It was on saturday. I didn't want to go. Saturdays I like to spend resting and spending time with my family. But again I couldn't refuse. On the other hand if this dawat would have been for any other colleague of mine I would have very conveniently refused. The difference was "who is important for me". Aap ko buhat saaray kaam apni marzi kai khilaf karnay partay hain because of social pressures ya kisi aur wajah sai such as you want to maintain better contacts and good will with certain people.
Kiran kai liye her sister's dawat was important because she cared for her sister and I can also understand her sister's situation. Sikandar on the other hand did not want to consider it. Agar yehi dawat kisi aur kai haan hoti jo Sikandar kai liye ehem hota tou no matter how tired Sikandar was he would have gone.
Edited by tot-batot - 11 years ago
tot-batot thumbnail
http://afanaticsreview.wordpress.com/2013/09/14/kankar-episode-15-review/

Kankar episode 15 - Review

14 Sep

This time, Sikander has crossed all boundaries. He is a savage who likes to rip apart anyone who he can control and most of the times, that anyone is his beloved wife, Kiran.

So let's go over yesterday's episode shall we? It started of with Sikander asking Kiran, very innocently, what he can do to make her happy. She told him, very honestly, that it is respect that she wants and not his money and the expensive gifts he keeps showering her with. For some reason, her answer leaves him baffled. Apparently to him, the thought that his wife expects him to treat her with some respect, just like he expects her to treat him, is unfathomable.

I couldn't believe he could stoop so low as to discuss his marital issue with his friend! Wasn't he the one who Kiran off for talking about his attitude to his mother, saying that he doesn't appreciate that she discusses their personal issues with anyone else? It was wrong of her to discuss their problems with a family member but that was a problem because he was the one who looked bad. But it's OK for him to complain about his wife to his friend. He didn't even stop him when he called her names, while cheering his attitude.

Kiran's relatives, meanwhile, have a new pastime now. Gossiping about Kiran's life and how she is the one ruining it. Though her phopo's heart is in the right place, I still don't like the way she blamed Kiran for her messy marriage.

Things got better when Kiran found out she was expecting. After a long time, we got to see the old, cheerful Kiran again, wearing that adorable smile of hers. Immediately, her mother-in-law issued warnings to Sikander, telling him to behave, did everything possible to make sure Kiran was comfortable and happy and distributed mithai amongst all her relatives. She didn't waste an instant in assuring Faiqa, her sister, that Kiran was the best thing that ever happened to her family, which naturally made her twist with rage and jealousy.

But Sikander couldn't curb his true nature for long. First, he casually threw aside his plan to go to Irum's house. I mean, OK fine, you are tired, you had a lot of work to do. Couldn't he have called and told Kiran that he won't be able to go that day and ask her to tell her sister BEFORE, instead of cancelling at the last minute? But what would Sikander know about propriety. All he knows is that he was tired. The fact that Kiran was upset didn't rattle him, he really didn't seem to care. What did upset him was that she threw away his present in protest. This was too much for him, and after twisting her arm, forcing her to pick up the earrings, he threw her away. While she writhed in pain, he gave a speech on how tired he was and walked right past her, leaving her on the floor. What followed was expected; she had a miscarriage.

The drama accurately portrays an abusive relationship and the self righteous attitude of the violent partners. Making the victim look bad, while giving the lamest excuses for their violent behaviour, beating her up and then earnestly asking for forgiveness every time, promising that it would never happen, over and over again. I have no words to describe the flawless acting of both Fahad Mustafa and Sanam Baloch. Both of them were mind blowing. Fahad Mustafa made Sikander look real, we could feel everything he felt, his rage, his guilt, his uneasiness as he tried to convince others and himself that he is a good husband and Kiran is the one at fault. Same goes for Sanam Baloch. Yesterday's episode was perfect in every way, be it direction, acting or the script.

By Farwa Batool Naqvi

starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I just caught up with Kankar's 14th episode..
Wow, Kiran's mom is such an idiot. I expected this but she totally missed out the slap part when explaining to her husband what exactly happened. Further, the hypocrisy amongst all these women when speaking of Kiran - damn. Rukhsar has such a douchebag of a fiance yet all she does is nitpick on Kiran's case whenever given the chance. Lets not forget Kiran's mother in law, then Faiqa..Arzoo and whatnot. Arzoo - cry me a river..just move on already.

And arghhh..Sikandar and his mother are so, so, sooo annoying. One can't help but feel for Kiran and how she has to deal with such idiots on a daily basis. That whole breakfast scene post dinner at Arzoo's house was making my blood boil (yes I know it's just a drama..but still) 😆..Kiran kept waiting for Sikandar to say something yet Sikandar was in his own little world, of course deliberately. Sikandar's mother is just baffling..despite going through all of this herself she's acting this way..."just remember that I love you"..he can shove that Iloveyou down his ass because that means zilch. Ughh,,wish Kiran never apologized.

oh wait..anddd, the biggest idiot of all is Kiran's mother. 😡 I can not believe her at all..Kiran shouldn't have listened to her mother and come back..I wouldn't have honestly..Sikandar's behavior is way out of line and this is just the beginning..who knows what's in store for later.

oh, and I love Adnan! (and Hassan Niazi)..the only one to take Kiran's side (as always).

now starting episode 15.

starstruckk thumbnail
LOLOL Sikandar's face when Kiran didn't give him the answer he wanted in regards to "can you leave me, Kiran?" ..that expression was priceless. Fahad is such an amazing actor..,I love this guy. He plays Sikandar the douche so well.
Does Faiqa not have anything better to do than keep an eye on Kiran and her issues? Arzoo too..does she not have any exams etc to worry about? 😕 I wish Arzoo just marries Sikandar or vice versa (as harsh as that sounds? lol)..so her mother AND she, herself, can just finally see what they're missing out on.

Is that friend of Sikandar's, Nabeel..Humayun Saeed's brother? I swear he looks just like him. And, I think Humayun does have a younger brother..so wouldn't be surprised.

Kiran's mother in law is so bipolar ..I just can't take this woman anymore. 😆...I wouldn't be too surprised if they show her to be on anti-psychotics later in the show. Finally Arzoo said something sensible..how her khala is such a hypocrite.

OMG - one of the best scenes of all was when Kiran is thrown on the floor...what brilliant acting by both of them! I can not believe Sikandar didn't even help his wife as she was rolling in pain - W*F?!?! ughhh ..but hats off to Sanam Baloch and Fahad..they're such phenomenal actors ..I love them. 🤗..lol if I hear Sikandar saying "I love you, Kiran" ONCE more..I swear, I'm going to have a fit. 😆 The hospital scene when Sikandar says what can I do to make you happy and Kiran goes..let go of my hand was my favorite scene.
starstruckk thumbnail
I just caught up on the discussion about Kiran and Sikandar's argument about not going to Erum's home for dinner. I personally feel Kiran wasn't at fault. Realistically speaking, you just don't cancel a dinner invite randomly last minute just because you're "tired." That's not how the real world works.
I remember once my mom invited one of my cousins and her in-laws over for dinner before they were off to Pakistan..she called up LAST minute, literally an hour before saying they can't make it because of some stupid reason. My mom worked her butt off in preparing dinner for them..my mom didn't make a fuss out of it, but I was really pissed. If you decided you had better things to do then you should be a little bit more considerate and find either an earlier time to let the other party know about your change in plans OR just make the effort to go? it's not the end of the world. We ALL do things we have to do when we're tired/sick/cranky and whatnot. It's not that big of a deal. Likewise, in this situation Sikandar knew from earlier in the day that they had plans for the night at Kiran's sister's place..and to cancel them the last minute because you're tired doesn't cut it. Not to mention the way how Sikandar just walks in and says..yeah mom, I will eat dinner with you guys too bla bla..check this guy's demeanor? it's just blaaah. 😕

Above all, Sikandar is a plain c**t. You don't abuse your wife like that REGARDLESS. Kiran may act like a complete moron later but I still won't say that she's at fault because here Sikandar SEES his pregnant wife rolling on the floor in excruciating pain YET continues with his stupid lecture while watching her cry in pain. That's plain unacceptable. Kiran is egoistic, yesss.. but Sikandar's ego is at another level. All Kiran wants is somewhat of respect..yet no one understands that. As Kiran said, she feels like she's turning insane..that's the reality, folks. Women who take such bullshit from their husbands end up being mentally unstable at one point because they keep everything within themselves and deal with the torture - which is completely unacceptable no matter how many times your husband says .."but...I love you."

Also, Kiran even TRIED changing her ways with Sikandar..she even came back that day when her mom dragged her home, said sorry to Sikandar when I personally think she shouldn't have because Sikandar still couldn't understand how he was even wrong in the first place..she never told her father anything despite her mom being an idiot and it's clear that her father would've believed her in a heartbeat, she even tried being happy for her child's sake..what in the world did Sikandar do? 😕 Kiran knows that Sikandar's an idiot and just saying "oh I don't feel well so I'm just not going.." was kinda his way of being in control so she made it a fuss. Lets not forget how Sikandar keeps hearing "this is what happens when you spoil your wife all the time" from his mother and friends..thus, he definitely has tried showing Kiran who's boss countless times.

So, no I don't think Kiran's at fault.

/rant.
starstruckk thumbnail
Rants aside though..LOL this drama really makes your blood boil. 😆..Sanam Baloch and Fahad Mustafa are such brilliant actors..I think I've said this a million times but I just can't help it. These last two episodes were so intense and if we had some lame actors portraying Kiran and Sikandar respectively..the aftermath of all that has happened wouldn't have been so impactful at least for me.
Two of the best performances I've seen this year.
starstruckk thumbnail
I was watching this video mix someone made with this song and some scenes from Kankar..I liked it so thought I share. The song goes so well with this show.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9VJZMufuUU[/YOUTUBE]