Guys,
Did Sikander hit her again after Kiran gave her the warning?😕
.Iconoclast. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: Meeph

Guys,

Did Sikander hit her again after Kiran gave her the warning?😕

No, he verbally abused her. It's more common domestic abuse because the victim has no scars to show.
hopehot thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
i <3 adnan
I always feel bad for the sidelined lovers
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
I finally caught up with the show, and it is making me furious! More than anything, I think what's happening in the show bothers me even more because it's actually depicting reality - the only time I wish it wouldn't. Go figure. These characters are making me sick, but the sad thing is that characters like Sikandar, his mother and Kiran's mother actually exist in society. Especially in our society.
Instead of realizing his mistake and asking for forgiveness, Sikandar rationalizes his behavior as something that is Kiran's fault. If she hadn't done this, said this, behaved this way, I wouldn't have done that. But what Adnan said in this week's episode is so right - do not raise your hand on your wife regardless of anything. Big or small. Her fault or your fault. Anything. Don't do it. Because once you cross that line, you will cross it again. You will lose respect for each other. You will scar her for life. Your relationship will never ever ever be able to go back to the way it was.

Kiran's reaction is justified. In fact, I think her reaction could have been much more vocal. But Sikandar, Sikandar's mother and Kiran's mother are truly driving her crazy. That is the problem with our society. They make innocent girls like Kiran go crazy by making them believe these things are normal and they are just overreacting. They force them to stay in such marriages and don't ever think of coming back home because that's what respectable girls do. They allow themselves to be disrespected by others and lose any ounce of self-respect remaining just so their families can be called respectable by our hypocritical society.

Sikandar's mother makes me sick. She was physically abused in her marriage, and instead of making sure her son doesn't repeat his father's mistakes, she allows it. In some ways, she even encourages it. Instead of having raised her son better, she is taking out her bitterness on Kiran. And the bitter cycle continues.

Also, even if we take the physical abuse out of the picture. What people don't realize is that verbal abuse also leaves behind scars. Sikandar marries Kiran without caring about her social class/status, wealth or family background. And now he uses those same things against her. Kiran is, for some reason, expected to bow down in submission to Sikandar and his family because he married her and is allowing her to live in this big house of his and showering her with these luxuries. Why why why are people so cruel! Why does our society (especially the women in our society) treat other women as second-class citizens? Why are women expected to put up with everything their husbands put them through without ever uttering a single complaint? Why can't a woman stand up for her rights and demand to be treated with respect? Why won't her own family stand up for her when she comes home and complains of abuse?

And more than anything, will this ever change? Is it changing?

Sigh. This show makes me really, really sad. I hate domestic violence. I cannot help but wonder why educated men behave this way. Could beating someone into submission really be that empowering for any human being?

Ahhh. Sorry. Rant over.

win7 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
^ you've said everything. One more thing is how kiran's mother hid some important facts but reveals that their daughter is not behaving properly to the father. I couldn't believe it.
friends_rock thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Kiran was wrong today! She should have stopped at knowing that her husband was tired! I get he is wrong in other situations but today I felt Kiran was the one who did wrong!
And since Sikandar has no sense at all, he was totally wrong at pushing Kiran too!

I blame both of them for this!
Edited by friends_rock - 11 years ago
MereMahiyaa. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: friends_rock

Kiran was wrong today! She should have stopped at knowing that her husband was tired! I get he is wrong in other situations but today I felt Kiran was the one who did wrong!

And since Sikandar has no sense at all, he was totally wrong at pushing Kiran too!

@iam sooo happy Humtv upload episodeees agaain with sub

agreee with this she kept pushing him and talking if he said too her let it bee why did she keept talking likeee thaat again and again, she knows how he is

And Sikander how can he push her likee theeen leaves her theree and goes too havee dinneeer 😵

But it was a goood episodeee

-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

exactly...both were at fault...i never make plans during weeknights...i know my husband comes late...and no one likes to socialize when they are tired...however if my husband makes a commitment then he keeps it, no matter how tired he is.

tot-batot thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I do not think Kiran was wrong in protesting when sikandar refused to go to her sister's place. I mean how many times it happens in our life that no matter how tired we are or how much we do not want to go somewhere but we still go because of the relations. It depends on how much importance you give to a certain relation.
Kiran was thinking about her sister and her susral and the embarrassment that she would face if they won't go. If this would have been an invitation at sikandar's Khala's place and kiran had said that she doesn't want to go then Sikandar would not have listened to her. So in my personal opinion in no way sikandar was not at fault.

But there is one thing that Kiran should have brought it up in a more subtle manner. I think it is director's fault. Currently Kiran's character appears as aggressive and stubborn rather than firm and strong and i am not getting what director wants to show with this. That Kiran and Sikandar both are at fault? which I think is not appropriate. We know that kiran will eventually marry adnan and sikandar will marry arzoo and sikandar will definitely regret but arzoo deserves "regretting and unhappy" sikandar. But adnan does not deserve kiran who will eventually realize her mistake and the logical followup is to regret and be unhappy. I personally does not want this to happen to adnan. So kiran's portrayal should have been more apt in communicating that she is not at fault, sikandar is.
Edited by tot-batot - 11 years ago
.Iconoclast. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

I was going to blame Kiran because tired or not, there are times when people have bad days and just not in the mood to go out. Kiran just makes every situation an ego issue.

That said,

Abuse, physical or verbal is unacceptable. Sick-andar pushed her and responsible for her miscarriage. What she said is nothing in front of what he did. It's unpardonable.