Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
I just caught up with Kankar's last two episodes.
In regards to episode 12 - I like how they focused the entire episode more or less on the slap because that was needed. since you can't brush that off as if it's nothing. Sanam Baloch's reaction post the slap was amazing. I love how they showed her really feeling upset over what happened to the extent that she stopped wearing those fancy clothes and putting on minimal to no makeup. It just made Kiran's state of mind post that whole drama far more natural and realistic. Needless to say, I think Sanam pulled it off so well...actually she pulled off the entire episode so well. Her expressions whether it was sitting at her house in the living room while listening/watching Sikandar be pretentious or the crying scene with her and her sister..I loved Baloch..she's such a fine actress. I'm starting to like Fahad's performance with each episode as well.. His body language, expressions etc all depict the perfect Sikandar at this point. He's playing the perfect douche...πŸ˜† lol @ "what do you want to give your sister for her wedding?..how about some cash? 50, 000 rupees? oh no..100,000 rupees?" ...I was waiting for him to say? half of a crore? or maybe 1 crore? lol...as if loads of money will make the poor girl feel better.

All in all my favorite dialogue of the show :
Kiran's mother: Aik to aaj kal ki ladkiyaan.. shohar ke pyar aur laad ki waja say chaar din main dimaagh kharab hojata hai
Kiran: aur chaar minute main theek bhi hojata hai.

In episode 13 - The best scene was definitely when Kiran tells Sikandar if he hits her again..she's leaving him. Sikandar in disbelief was a lol. The guy thinks saying "but... I love you.." will make Kiran melt and forget what a jerk he is. And, what's up with Sikandar's mom telling Arzoo's mom about the two's fights? πŸ˜• Oh and I loved Rukhsar and her friend's convo at school. Rukhsar's right..all you care about is why you have to go through shit..because the hardships others have to go through is not your business/concern. & lol Zubair is 40...I wish to see Rukhsar just moving on..the guy is as moronic as Sikandar. Also Sikandar's mom - whoaa!!..she just seems bipolar. Hope Kiran kicks the entire family to the curb and leaves soon as possible.

starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: HeavenlyBliss.

Is kiran completely innocent? Or is she provoking him?

Kiran's not provoking him or anyone. Sikandar's entire family is just mentally unstable. πŸ˜† After seeing how Sikandar's mother reacted to Kiran telling her what Sikandar did..I'm baffled. She's worse than Sikandar since she went through all that Kiran's going through yet is reacting in such a manner.

Next week's episode looks interesting...I hope Kiran doesn't take a back seat in this whole situation..because seems like no one will understand where she's coming from..not even her own mother for that matter.
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: Usman.

missed the episode..
is it worth watching??
brief summary anyone pls..

basically the highlight of the show was Kiran straightforwardly telling Sikandar if he hits her again.. she's leaving him. Then, Kiran confronts Sikandar's mother about Sikandar's behavior..to which Sikandar's mom throws a fit. She basically shows her true colors once again. She couldn't hear anything against her son. In the end, she calls up Kiran's mom and tells her how Kiran's so not thankful of what she has..all she does is complain about Sikandar and whatnot.
Gujar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
The number of beatings the Mother received over the years have probably taken a toll on her mental state hence the sudden U-turn.πŸ˜†

But on a serious note I think she submitted herself long time ago to her destiny, she was always weak and feeble with the mentality of 'making the marriage work even if you have to suffer all your life'. the perfect combination that just made it all the more easier for her husband to keep her under his thumb. Seeing Kiran's cheek may have startled her but then her maternal instinct kicked in from there on.

Before anything else she's a Mother and very unique one. No matter what Sikander does, she'll always take his side of the argument and condone everything he does. She's too attached to him and can see nothing else but him and his izzat and will do anything to keep that intact. But Kiran is different or so it seems. Good to see Kiran's Father take a stand, her Mother is useless and subscribes to the same mentality.
Edited by 2direct. - 11 years ago
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: 2direct.

The number of beatings the Mother received over the years have probably taken a toll on her mental state hence the sudden U-turn.πŸ˜†

But on a serious note I think she submitted herself long time ago to her destiny, she was always weak and feeble with the mentality of 'making the marriage work even if you have to suffer all your life'. the perfect combination that just made it all the more easier for her husband to keep her under his thumb. Seeing Kiran's cheek may have startled her but then her maternal instinct kicked in from there on.

Before anything else she's a Mother and very unique one. No matter what Sikander does, she'll always take his side of the argument and condone everything he does. She's too attached to him and can see nothing else but him and his izzat and will do anything to keep that intact. But Kiran is different or so it seems. Good to see Kiran's Father take a stand, her Mother is useless and subscribes to the same mentality.

At first I thought Sikandar's mom was actually concerned and would take Kiran's side if she were to discover what happened...but wow! she just left me stumped. πŸ˜† She went through the same thing yet she's turning away from the reality of her son. I wouldn't be surprised if they show her to have become bipolar after all these years.

I'm actually loving how Kiran gave Sikandar the ultimatum and so soon. It's a given now that Kiran's not the usual desi woman shown on tv these days..I hope she stays strongheaded because her life is about to get more complicated than it already is. Sikandar's disbelief and "but ..I love you, Kiran" made me chuckle. I love how he thinks by being all lovey dovey/being superficial she'll give in..good thing she hasn't. From next week's promo seems like her mother is going to act as retarded as everyone else and Kiran's father will be the only one to take her side.. They also showed Adnan commenting on something not being right..it may be about Kiran's situation.

Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for the summary Star.
and i knew this that apart from her father no one else would stand by Kiran, not even her mother. But the sudden change in her MIL's behavior was not something that I was expecting. In last episode, she was telling Sikandar that Kiran is a nice girl and now a 360 degree turn... but in a way they have depicted reality..
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: Usman.

Thanks for the summary Star.
and i knew this that apart from her father no one else would stand by Kiran, not even her mother. But the sudden change in her MIL's behavior was not something that I was expecting. In last episode, she was telling Sikandar that Kiran is a nice girl and now a 360 degree turn... but in a way they have depicted reality..

yeah I think Umera's trying to show that regardless, the mother will always take her child's side..here its no different.

In next week's promo they show Kiran arguing with her mother about this issue..and the mother said something along the lines of but that doesn't matter, you have to listen to your husband and whatnot. So, the father will be the only one to take a stand..and I feel Adnan may just get news about this slap too. πŸ˜† He's shown in next week's promo as well.. discussing something similar it seems..if so, then Adnan too will probably take her side which is a given.
Meeph thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Yeh drama kitna boring cheπŸ₯Ί
Kitni Umeedein thi iss show se
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: Meeph

Yeh drama kitna boring cheπŸ₯Ί

Kitni Umeedein thi iss show se

what were you expecting? 😲

Meeph thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: starstruckk

what were you expecting? 😲

hey
How are you?
Lost much😭

I dunno,um..its good and all but nothing new.
The drama i was excited for..like mere harjai,mujhe khuda pe yaqeen.They r crap too😭