Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Iconoclast. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
I've few questions.
Was Kiran's issue only about physical abuse? When she demanded respect from the first guy...was it only about abuse?

I was shocked to hear that she left college because this second guy is against it. Isn't curbing your dreams disrespect? It almost looked like they were taunting working women. So much for respect.

Originally posted by: NigelMolesworth

I've few questions.

Was Kiran's issue only about physical abuse? When she demanded respect from the first guy...was it only about abuse?

I was shocked to hear that she left college because this second guy is against it. Isn't curbing your dreams disrespect? It almost looked like they were taunting working women. So much for respect.

I guess that's disrespectful aswell, but it comes more as a compromise. But her first person abused her which was actually damaging her self-respect more.
plo_98 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: NigelMolesworth

I've few questions.

She was teaching at a school, the second guy asked her to quit her job, not her studies. He wanted to take care of her himself.
Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I dislike this approach that working women cant manage their responsibilities at home.. Rukhsaar's anger on this issue was valid.. other than that Rukhsaar totally exaggerated everything and we knew that this thing is going to happen..
.Iconoclast. thumbnail

Originally posted by: plo_98

She was teaching at a school, the second guy asked her to quit her job, not her studies. He wanted to take care of her himself.

I think him asking his wife not to study/work is also disrespect. Kiran's character seems confused now.
Amara_B thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I don't think Adnan asking Kiran not to work is disrespect because Kiran never actually wanted to work. The only reason she started to work after her divorce is because as a divorcee she felt she was a financial burden on her parents, so to keep her self-respect she started working so no one could accuse her of burdening her parents financially post-divorce. If she had never married Sikandar and never divorced him she would have never started working because then (going by Kiran's mentality) her parents would have been responsible for her financially without her having to feel any guilt.

Now that she's married again she obviously feels that her husband is responsible for her financially and that she no longer has to work to maintain her self respect. Self-respect is the only reason Kiran started working. Now that she's married she doesn't have to work to maintain her self-respect because her husband is responsible for her financially.

If Kiran actually wanted to work I'm sure she would have said so, and then if Adnan demanded she not work that could become an issue.

Although I have to say there's a difference between a husband requesting his wife doesn't work, and beating her. Beating up a woman is truly stripping her of all her self-respect. Requesting that she not work, depends on the circumstances.

If my husband requested I don't work I wouldn't consider it disrespectful unless he said it an explicitly disrespectful way. However just because I wouldn't consider it disrespectful doesn't mean I would agree and say 'ok I won't work'. With issues like work etc, comprises should always be made. A husband can express that he prefers his wife doesn't work, but at the same time a wife can say she wants to work irrespective of this, a compromise might be working part time. However these issues should really be discussed before the Nikah, that's what the Nikah contract is there for so both the husband and wife can agree to how they wish to live their married lives. In the contract a woman can have written that she wishes to work, if the husband disagrees, you don't get married. It's simple if it's done properly.
Well, did she say that she wants to work and he didn't allow her? Because I think it depends on the reason he stopped her from working. If he is stopping her because he wants to take care of her and not just to control her, how is that disrespect?
avidwatcher1 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
If I remember the episode correctly, Kiran was short of money for her own expenses, and had a flashback showing how Silkander would always make sure she had money in her purse.
Then, it showed how she didn't want to be a liability on her dad and ask for money for her own things, so she started working to support her own needs.

As far as Adnan is concerned, I think he is constantly comparing his financial situation with Sikander. He might have a good reason, an unselfish one, for telling her to stop working. BUT, he should have asked her what she wanted to do after they got married, and let her decide. (He shows shades of insecurity related to his financial status quite often.)
.Iconoclast. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Amara_B

I don't think Adnan asking Kiran not to work is disrespect because Kiran never actually wanted to work.

Kiran said that she left school/work because Adnan doesn't like it. I find that curbing a woman's desire...at least in this era. Regressive thought.
I hate men who do that. I don't know his reasons though, haven't seen the episode.