Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Amara_B thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: -Lostindreams

I wud have said EXACTLY the same thing, if i hadn't discussed abt this subj. wth my cousin.

Being alone is a scary thing 2.

And i agree tht evn islam doesn't permit husbands 2 be violent, but in our culture i bet evn if the sasural burned their bahu, ppl wud say "haan woh larki ne nakhre dikhaye ho ge".
A girl like Kiran Husband se to adhi mar hi rahi thi, after divorce logo ki baatein sun kar poori hi mar jaaye gi.

Personally i feel words hurt ALOT more.

After have said all tht, i have a feeling i wud have done the same as Kiran.

This all depends. Some girls in our culture who get divorced have it really bad, and people treat them horribly. However by the same measure many are able to move on easily. Two of my Aunt's are divorcees, they got married again to men their own age who had never been married before, and no one ever said anything to them about being divorcees.

I also have a cousin who got divorced, she got married to a man her age who had never been married before, and they've been together for ages living a happy life.

Also other members of my extended family, have gone through divorces and remarried easily.
In fact I know a lady who got divorced because her husband physically abused her, she got remarried pretty quick afterwards, and has been married for well over ten years now with no problems.

So it just depends. You should never believe getting divorced dooms you to a life of hell. Yes there's a possibility that getting divorced will lead to difficulty, but there are also many divorcees who live their lives totally normally after divorce.

To be honest this drama is the first time I've seen a divorcee being treated like a criminal.
Edited by Amara_B - 10 years ago
I actually have a relative in a village who got divorced and remarried. Noone really said anything. So yeah, I don't really think it's a big issue these days. It also depends what the family is like. Kayi famillies to khud larki ka jeene haraam kar deti hain. If the family doesn't say anything, I don't see why anyone else would care.
Alia009 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: HeavenlyBliss.

People are still saying hes not good looking and all that. Hes not bad actually. And the things she said about him made me respect them so much <3 im so happy for them both!

He just needs to gain a little weight. HE ain't that bad tbh.and may Allah bless them 😃
-Lostindreams thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: HeavenlyBliss.

People are still saying hes not good looking and all that. Hes not bad actually. And the things she said about him made me respect them so much <3 im so happy for them both!

PPl need to get a life, rather than talking abt other ppl they need to fix themself.

Exxactly. A person who focuses on himself won't have time to find faults in others 🤣
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
I absolutely adore Adnan's character. He's such a sweetheart!
Also, I think a lot of people watching this show are getting the wrong message. The show is not about Kiran's regrets post-divorce but rather Sikandar's regrets. I keep hearing people say that Kiran was stupid to leave him - poor Sikandar, he's a changed man now, but I disagree with every bit of it. The show is not about an evil, abusive man who marries this "bechari" girl, but rather two people who love each other but conflict arises when the husband resorts to physical abuse. They both love/loved each other and obviously the emotional attachment is still there, but Kiran did not make a wrong decision. Were she still with Sikandar, he would not be a changed man at all. I repeat what I have said in previous weeks that Kiran's decision to leave Sikandar is the reason for Sikandar's realization that he was wrong.

I like that they don't show Kiran as a relieved and happy girl after her divorce. She misses Sikandar (as we see through that flashback scene about how he would take care of her by putting money in her purse), and the fact that he has moved on so quickly with Aarzoo still hurts her. I also liked the way they are portraying changes within Sikandar and how his life has turned upside down after having lost someone he claimed to have loved most in the world.
Sanayam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Amara_B

This all depends. Some girls in our culture who get divorced have it really bad, and people treat them horribly. However by the same measure many are able to move on easily. Two of my Aunt's are divorcees, they got married again to men their own age who had never been married before, and no one ever said anything to them about being divorcees.

I also have a cousin who got divorced, she got married to a man her age who had never been married before, and they've been together for ages living a happy life.

Also other members of my extended family, have gone through divorces and remarried easily.
In fact I know a lady who got divorced because her husband physically abused her, she got remarried pretty quick afterwards, and has been married for well over ten years now with no problems.

So it just depends. You should never believe getting divorced dooms you to a life of hell. Yes there's a possibility that getting divorced will lead to difficulty, but there are also many divorcees who live their lives totally normally after divorce.

To be honest this drama is the first time I've seen a divorcee being treated like a criminal.

It just depends on the section of society you come from. In some sections of the society women are treated as criminals after divorce but in educated liberal societies that is usually not the case.
My aunt is also a divorcee. She never wanted to marry again out of her own choice. She just didn't want to take a chance again. People tried to persuade her to remarry but she refused. She also secluded herself from extended family because she didn't want to answer questions. Though she lived her life independently it wasn't the life she had envisioned for herself.
On the other hand I know some cousins who have remarried after a divorce and they r leading happy lives. It just depends.
Everybody has their own destiny.
Binge thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
In the precap, Kiran Adnan are married. 👍🏼
Binge thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: OnlyHope

So what happened today?

Sikander spoke rudely to Arzoo and showed a glimpse of his anger towards her today. She tells this to his mom and she tries to put some sense into him by giving the example of how his anger ruined his first marriage. Adnan is adamant on marrying Kiran and hence his mom finally relents and takes his rishta to Kiran's mom. Kiran feels Adnan is marrying her out of sympathy but he tells her that he loves her and will give her respect after marriage. They go to an ice-cream parlour and Sikander who's in the car with Arzoo sees them. He's disturbed by seeing Kiran with Adnan.

These were the highlights in short. 😆
Omg yay for Kiran and Adnan!