All's Not Well Between GEO and A&B Entertainment

Taify thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

25 Oct 2012

GOSSIP: All's Not Well Between GEO and A&B Entertainment

Everyone knows about the fallout between HUM TV and A&B Productions that happened a few years ago. So, when was the last time you watched an A&B serial on HUM TV? Yes, it has been quite a while.

The animosity got worse a few months back when A&B titled its serial Aks, a title on which HUM TV was already planning to work. The battle saw Six Sigma, one of HUM TV's loyal production houses, interfering and calling a spade a spade. However, HUM TV itself did not offer any issues.

It is believed that the two sides will not be working together anytime soon. However, the real news is that Asif Raza Mir and Babar Javed's production house is not on very good terms with GEO TV either.

The problem first came out in public when GEO TV brutally changed the time-slot of its supposedly big serial, Sabz Pari Laal Kabutar. Such changes does not impact production houses; however, in this case the rumors mills stated that the maestro, Babar Javed, wasn't too happy, mainly because it was his only big serial on any channel at that time. GEO changing slot was considered a slap in the name of the production house.

Things were said to be getting normal with GEO promising prime-time slot on weekends to A&B's Ek Nayee Cinderella, which earlier belonged to the same production house's Mi Raqsam. However, things seem to be heating up once again. Believe it or not, GEO is rumored to be planning to change Ek Nayee Cinderella's time-slot too. However, this time the reason is tough competition from other channels in Tanhaiyaan 2 and Bari Aapa.

Lack of available time-slot and chances of challenging the production house has stopped the channel from taking this decision. Insiders say that GEO isn't happy with Cinderella, and feels betrayed because this is not the product it expected.

And now Haissam Hussein is said to be trying to calm down the channel because he has full faith in his product. The ratings for the first two episodes of the serial haven't poured in yet. Conversely, we wonder where the production house is heading too.

If all these rumors are true, then it only has 2 channels in hand – ARY and Urdu1, which is headed by A&B Entertainment's (yes, they changed the name) creative head's husband.

P.S: Based on hearsay.

by admin in Happenings

4 Comments

1. kaleem khan
    Oct 25, 2012 @ 10:03:17

hona hi tha ye to

2. kajol
    Oct 25, 2012 @ 17:33:46

itna lamba article

3. Darleen
    Oct 26, 2012 @ 01:20:00

I have been absent for some time, but now I remember why I used to love this site. Thanks, I'll try and check back more often. How frequently you update your site?

4. alizay shah
    Oct 26, 2012 @ 10:19:57

keep us updated!

Leave a Reply

Your Name *

Your Email *

Your Website

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Usman. thumbnail
such a relief..😆
Geo should also have fallout with JJS productions 😆
Edited by Usman. - 11 years ago
Taify thumbnail
Actually GEO wants to be in good books of A&B. They were even putting Sabz Pari at 8 on Fridays...
Usman. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Taify

Actually GEO wants to be in good books of A&B. They were even putting Sabz Pari at 8 on Fridays...

Geo creatives have gone nuts. Not a single good show is coming on Geo and on the top of it they have put JJS jeena seekha do hamien crap on their prime time slot.
Taify thumbnail
GEO caters to that kind of audience too... ppl love such shows. GEO is watched in Sukkur, Hyd, etc and they r not very modern sities
anaad thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Thanks for shearing!

At the beginning i liked to watch geo a lot, but now i don't like it that much anymore.
This is very good news
Dont want any of their shows on Geo
GEO sucks :D
notavailable thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Except Manjali and ANC theres' nothing else worth watching on GEO. Plus, these are also not a must watch either.